Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Oh, I Couldn't Help Laugh.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Oh, I Couldn't Help Laugh. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, today I was reading a newspaper. Now, I normally just look at the sports sections, and the international news section, but due to a lack of doable stuff I ended up reading the Entertainment section. Now, I really don't like doing this. A good few of you know that I have no interest in my country's entertainment industry whatsoever (WE HAVE GAME SHOW HOSTS BICKERING LIKE FIVE YEAR OLDS). So, I was flipping through the pages, looking for something bleakly interesting. Then I found it.

On the eighth page of the paper, I saw something that caught my eye. It was a picture of Metallica's latest album, Death Magnetic. Holy! Death Magnetic! Being reviewed! I thought it would've made my day.

I read through the article... until the second paragraph. Then I stopped.

Quote:
But it had to be done because I felt that it is my duty to listen to Metallica's new album. It felt like it is okay to ignore other rock bands, but not this one. Metallica is one of the most influential groups in the history of rock music. It is the one that every head-banging, thrash-rocking, metal hound looks up to for whatever is dark, loud and angry. Megadeath, Anthrax, Slayer, Iron Maiden, etc. are all also-ran small fries when compared to Metallica.....

That's exactly the part where I stopped.

Also-ran small fries. Are. You. Kidding. Me. TELL ME YOU'RE KIDDING.

Oh, apparently, it isn't. And this comes from a major, widely-circulated newspaper in the country. And you spelled Megadeth wrong.

You know, I wish the author would be heavily smacked down by readers just for the sole purpose of writing that. I hope she is, it's just too funny to make a mistake like that.

Well, yeah, I thought I'd point it out. Anyone else find it, uh, funny? Oh, and hey, I normally don't make fun of people's opinions. But that was just tooooo funny.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow... what a dick. Great job with the journalism there... couldn't even do his homework to make sure stuff's spelled correctly. Personally, though, I do prefer my Iron Maiden over Metallica. That's just my preference, though.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe the reviewer was referring to the widespread success or how many people seem to know Metallica over how many seem to know those other bands. After all, most people out there that are not into Metal or even rock will probably recognize Metallica rather than Anthrax, Megadeth, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: