Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Mother 3... In ENGLISH!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Mother 3... In ENGLISH! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://mother3.fobby.net/

Fan Translated Patch for Mother 3 for the GBA. No, this is NOT a ROM site or promoting the illegal distribution of ROMs. This is supposed to be for those who imported the game and wanted an English translation. There is to be no ROM distribution here or on that site.

I thought it would be cool to spread this around since these people worked diligently on this project for people's benefit.

I played it in Japanese and enjoyed the game, and I don't know a lick of Japanese. Naturally, I didn't get very far as I didn't know what was happening once the storyline started to develop. But with this, I can now fully enjoy the greatness of Mother 3.

For those who are not in the know, Mother 3 is the sequel to the very fun and popular SNES game, Earthbound (Mother 2 in Japan). Mother 3 came out in Japan on the GBA and for one reason or another Nintendo of America decided not to bring it over. Much to the dismay of fans of the original series.

So, when Smash Brothers Brawl came out, questions arose when there's this kid Lucas. Americans were confused. Now you know, and now you can experience the joy of Mother 3, fully translated and in its wonderous splendor. I've gone through much of the game and I've found virtually no mistakes. Its as seamless as could be.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Prophecy

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

finally!

I've been following the patch work but with socom and cod4 i haven't had much time to check up on it. Now....how exaactly would i patch my game? My cousin has it imported and if its even possible i wanna play it too

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, you have to find your own ROM I think and then patch it with the patcher on the site. Are you asking where to get your own ROM? Mmmm that I can't help you with.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the game! It's so great to be able to play Earthbound again but have it be fresh. The only thing I really don't like is the limited inventory system. Is there a shop and money system in this game? I remember in Earthbound you could buy a For Sale sign and then you could basically sell your extra stuff whenever you wanted. That was great, because my inventory always got overloaded. But I haven't even been able to find a regular shop yet in this game.

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Mother 3... In ENGLISH! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I gotta say... after Chapter 1, the rest of the game was a bit of a letdown. I mean, the characterization of Flint especially was really good, but then they go back to having next to none for the rest of the game. EarthBound didn't make me expect it, it was about places you go and things you see rather than personal development (cause really, you're just a kid. What sort of revelations do you want?)
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Oppenheimer":2rhp577v]Well, you have to find your own ROM I think and then patch it with the patcher on the site. Are you asking where to get your own ROM? Mmmm that I can't help you with.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the game! It's so great to be able to play Earthbound again but have it be fresh. The only thing I really don't like is the limited inventory system. Is there a shop and money system in this game? I remember in Earthbound you could buy a For Sale sign and then you could basically sell your extra stuff whenever you wanted. That was great, because my inventory always got overloaded. But I haven't even been able to find a regular shop yet in this game.

I know it is a bit late in response, but yes, once you do the inital chapters and some stuff happens, a shop in town will open and you can sell stuff and get money. The last of the "first" chapters is the one where you control the Monkey.

This game has been a lot of fun and sure, compared to EarthBound, it is a little less zany and takes a bit of getting used to, but for the most part it is a lot of fun. I do like that the dog is a much more integral character than in EarthBound though.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: