Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

School survey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: School survey Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you guys mind filling out a survey for a Media in International Relations class?

just go here and answer as close to to what you think as possible. It's only 5 questions and they're pretty simple.

Do you support the war

If McCain was in the lead how happy would you be

Which do you like more

Which news channel do you watch more.

For the last one answer which ever one is the most. Even if you don't watch either much.

Last edited by Milan Fiori on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ohhh, I see where this one is going.

Yeah, people that watch Fox are going to be heavily in favor of the war.

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What if my primary news station is neither of those? I almost never watch CNN or Fox News.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like I said Choose whichever one is the closest to the one you watch the most.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:

What exactly does that mean? Are you referring to political biases? Style of news presentation? Types of advertisements?
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Timbo wrote:
Milan Fiori wrote:

What exactly does that mean? Are you referring to political biases? Style of news presentation? Types of advertisements?

No I mean. Do you watch CNN 12 seconds a a day cause you flip by it more often but fox only 7, then choose CNN.

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I took it, although I don't watch TV so my answer to the last question is a lie.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've submitted my answers.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait am I understanding this properly?

Media in International Relations and the questions are geared towards nationals & American citizens by assuming that one is eligible to vote and actually receives the news stations listed. How exactly then is this international relations based or the data not entirely corrupted? Even with the "pick the closest available" could not apply since it then brings in hypotheticals and not actuality.

"Who do you plan on voting for?"
International people cannot answer this without bsing entirely since only citizens of a country can vote. "Who would you vote for?" changes the meaning of the question entirely to not one of fact (do = can) but one of possibilities (would = if possible)

So am I getting it right? And if so you might need to explain that those who can't vote because of said reasons listed to either not vote or what have you lest your data get corrupted.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Done.

See, this is what you get for unexpectedly having free time again.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
Wait am I understanding this properly?

Media in International Relations and the questions are geared towards nationals & American citizens by assuming that one is eligible to vote and actually receives the news stations listed. How exactly then is this international relations based or the data not entirely corrupted? Even with the "pick the closest available" could not apply since it then brings in hypotheticals and not actuality.

"Who do you plan on voting for?"
International people cannot answer this without bsing entirely since only citizens of a country can vote. "Who would you vote for?" changes the meaning of the question entirely to not one of fact (do = can) but one of possibilities (would = if possible)

So am I getting it right? And if so you might need to explain that those who can't vote because of said reasons listed to either not vote or what have you lest your data get corrupted.

It's for a class by a non-american going to an University of Illinois campus located in Athens, Greece. So while you may not find relevance in it, it is however apart of their project and I agreed to help them get a wider range of opinions for it.

So what's the point in bitching about it?

For the rest of you. Thank you for participating!

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You welcome ^_^. I understand the points Fly is making, but i took it anyways and answered truthfully, since i udnerstood the point of this to just get the opinions of people whether they're americans or not.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Yeah, people that watch Fox are going to be heavily in favor of the war.

do us all a favor and ATTEMPT to not make assumptions; i only watch fox more due to default (channel surfing), which has no bearing on my support or lack thereof on the war.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well since the survey reached it's quota of entries I removed the link. So I can reveal what the point of it was.. And Sorry Syb. Yvl hit it right on the button this time around.

It was about bias from news networks and the political trends people follow who watch different news networks. And yes. People who watch Fox generally are more in favor of the war, as well as supporting McCain.

eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:

It's for a class by a non-american going to an University of Illinois campus located in Athens, Greece. So while you may not find relevance in it, it is however apart of their project and I agreed to help them get a wider range of opinions for it.

So what's the point in bitching about it?

For the rest of you. Thank you for participating!

No, what you're after is data to prove a hypothesis, watch Fox = support war& vote McCain, what you got was opinions, some data and some corruption since "I don't watch Fox but I clicked it anyway" then corrupts your results. That was my problem, your poll dealt with facts, it was a fine poll if your intended pool was American citizens, it is not for an international pool since your results get skewed by opinions (Sybs post) possibilties (Starslashers) and outright self admitted false information (Vextors post)

How anyone can draw anything conclusive or credible from these results then? Are you going to also write up "while those who voted for Fox inherently showed a greater support of the war and McCain, the inherent reasoning for watching said program is due to a multitude of reasons which do not impact the conclusions in any way shape or form and subsequently skewed the results towards the hypothesis."? I have no problem with the idea of poll, I simply questions your execution of it considering your last post sounded off your very conclusions.

But, and I do stress but, I was only initially looking for who your pool was and if you wee fine with people effectively bsing options on the poll and I would have gladly filled it out to help out. I did not and posed the questions because I did not ant to either corrupt the results or further corrupt them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: