Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Logged in as someone else

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Logged in as someone else Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some minutes ago I loaded Suikox and I was logged in as Lonelion. All last posts in the forums were from "September 15, 2005".

I don't know how this could happen, just wanted to let you know about it.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Say what how did that happen Viktorfan?

That's strange i never logged in and had someone elses name appear hopefully it'll be fixed soon what ever is causing it.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know how it happened. When I loaded Suikox and the site showed up I was logged in as you. I could have written posts or sent PMs as Lonelion, that's very strange.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never found myself logged in as anyone else, but there was a time when I went to log in (after mysteriously being logged out) and when I went to enter my username, "Earthquake923" came up as an option and, to my knowledge, I am not and never have been Earthquake923.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I frequently find myself mysteriously logged out, only to see that at the bottom of the screen someone is either logged in as me, or I had been to the site (without my knowledge) in the past five minutes. It could be related.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That seems to be a cookie-related issue. On another computer, I tend to find that I have to log in twice to access my own forum, as it always returns me to the index in a logged out state yet it shows me as being online. The most annoying part about that is when I log in for the second time (thus successfully gaining access to my account) it presents any new activity as having already been read.

Unlikely as it may be, it could also be a byproduct of using a different browser. If I were to log on through Internet Explorer and then return using Firefox, it would force me to log in again even if I hadn't previously logged out on Firefox.

Or, it could be the ghost in the machine.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
Unlikely as it may be, it could also be a byproduct of using a different browser. If I were to log on through Internet Explorer and then return using Firefox, it would force me to log in again even if I hadn't previously logged out on Firefox.
Assuming that last "Firefox" you typed you actually meant to type "Internet Explorer"

Yes...this is a common ...from what I understand every browser stores their cookies in their "own respective place on the hard drive" so even if I have set the suikox forums to "remember me" with my Firefox browser...when I go to suikox forums through Internet Explorer it doesn't "remember me" and I have to manually log-in again

------
As far as the logged in as someone else thing.....if it has only happened once it probably is something minor like a cache/cookie-related issue....clearing your cache/cookies would get rid of it

but if it re-occurs even after clearing cookies/cache........might be a database-end issue...and a serious one o.o

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know what is causing that VF. If this happens again, let me know the time/date and try to post a message (or PM me while logged in to the other account) so that I can find out more info.

I do know if you log in on www.suikox.com/forum but then browse at http://suikox.com/forum it messes with the cookies. I'm too lazy to actually look into fixing it though.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: