Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Nintendo Power Article **NEW ARTICLE**(added:Oct15)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Nintendo Power Article **NEW ARTICLE**(added:Oct15) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the November 2008 (volume 234) Nintendo Power issue there's a short article about Tierkries ( =D )

I didn't see anyone mention it here yet (?) so I thought I'd scan the page in and share the article with everyone.

Probably doesn't really have any *NEW* information that hasn't been floating around already...but I thought I'd share it anyway =)

**NEW ARTICLE**
(added: October 14. Scanned from the Dec 2008 issue of Nintendo Power)

Last edited by Ikano on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:20 pm; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorta feel sorry for the SoDs who get resurrected as inanimate objects.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha...I had to stop myself and read that line again there...
"like........wait......what?"

But you know...after reading over it...two particular lines in the article made things pop into my mind...
" '...which you'll do by the power of resurrection'....True Resurrection rune anyone? haha?"
and
" 'others will be reborn as weapons'......Helllooooooo Mr. Star Dragon Sword! AHAHAH...er....*AHEM* <_<"

An interesting choice of words...heheh

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shaolin_swordsman

47140 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that sounds amazing.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sounds... no true 108 stars after all? Wish the bit about December release would be true...
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd just be happy with it being out before SO4.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, now we have people who get resurrected as weapons?

Sounds really awesome, combined with the "customizable weapons" idea. I mean, maybe the characters could switch between a normal weapon (the traditional, blacksmith-enhanced Suikoden weapon), or one of the ressurected weapons, which has special abilities/stats? Sounds interesting.

Now I have a really bad feeling that damn, talking sword is in the game... sigh...

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why does hearing about the "One King" make me think of Hikusaak? One King isn't too far off from the Absolute One, but it would be odd that the bearer of the Circle Rune, the Rune of Order, would would go about "desiring chaos in the universe." Sounds more like Yuber.

:shock:

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sami wrote:
That sounds... no true 108 stars after all?
Hmm...I didn't think it sounded like that....I mean...the previously defeated 108 stars might've been ressurrected into inanimate objects...but that wouldn't mean they couldn't find someone else with the same star to take their place.

Like how Eresh and Euram have the same star and Ridley and Boris share the same star...but in both case you can only have one of em...etc.

shaolin_swordsman

47140 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that's the impression I got. Would stop the whole army being made up of the old one. It's important that the main char gets to form his own bonds and recruit some new stars himself I reckon.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is quite strange and different to what we're used to, SODs can come back as weapons and beasts?
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it doesn't strike me as a main series game, with stars coming back (for one thing), and some of them as beasts and weapons.

Also, I wonder where Viki and Jeane fit into things.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ikano wrote:
Like how Eresh and Euram have the same star and Ridley and Boris share the same star...but in both case you can only have one of em...etc.

Hm, that sounds possible.

Damn, this game just has new ideas everywhere.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice. Thanks for that. One note that hasn't been mentioned yet is that the one king wants chaos. Sounds like someone else we know (Yuber). Not that I'm not implying any connection but still, interesting.

Some on the stuff in this game sounds so different. I like it but it is a real change. I'm leaning more and more towards thinking this is a side game or spinoff.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What really defines a mainstream game versus a side game anyhow?

The only consistent thing I can think of that could be used to separate the two is whether a True Rune is of high importance to the game's plot or not.....
course at this point in time we don't have a clue if Tierkries has a True Rune or not......
(oh...and the 108 SOD collecting thing of course....course that ain't that clear about Tierkries at this point either I guess...)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: