Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

"Life Boat Foundation"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Templeton

186895 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: "Life Boat Foundation" Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://lifeboat.com/ex/main

I log onto this site quit often; It's what I hope to be an organization which will take the concept of Universal Preservation seriosly.

Incase no one has noticed, we live in a Universe of unceartanty with the fact that we have yet to discover alien life (which would come in handy with preserving the Universe). Aliens by all odds will be contacted firstly through telecommunications and not a discovery from around the galaxy through space ships.

Well the Life Boat Foundation is concerned with the possibility of Alien invasion, I believe God has that covered. In what may be the only way to prove the existence of God, we need to contact a developed race and analyze their religious background; if God made this evolved race with his testement and Messiah to guide them it will show us that God works to make peace in the final frontier by being their for everyone.

If we develop a "confederation of Christ" across space it would do alot to prevent the very concept of space war, which with our current knowledge of colonial conflict in the past, would prevent such a thing from occuring. If God is there for just "this or that" civilization it may just point in the direction that these deity's just exist as phenomena, and that our religion could be false or only there just for the privledged race.

We only know that the Universe is 13 billion years old which doesn't suit well with extreme religous fanatics who as well think were done for and that raptured people go to Heaven and all the rest are in Hell. Personally I don't believe in the Hell sentence as I don't follow a blood thursty God; I believe that Jesus's followers, if their true, would not want such a place to exist in the first place.

But the main point is for geological friction, firstly from plate tectonics, to dying stars, all the way to the "big crunch" of space matter, to be prevented from occuring. I studied the timing of these events, and from what I calculate, it is only a matter of millenia, out of the millions of years we have, where we can prepare for the first wave of geological shifting. If not taken seriously this would upset our civilization and alter the shape of our planet and future colonies and confederated races that dwell within the Universe.

I will dedicate my life and knowledge to do what I hope to be the awareness of future happennings, I don't expect serious or sympenthetic responses, but it is a goal of mine.

Thanks for your time.

Ryan.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it would be a big mistake to push Jesus on aliens. I think that being a good moral person is important, but that we don't need a figurehead to do that.

The major problem is that you can't bring along the good parts of the bible and leave out the vengeful hateful God parts. Rather than take the bad with the good I would leave religion out of it and just develop a society of diplomacy and open minded communication with aliens. . . . One would just hope we don't end up with a Mars Attacks on our hands.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. The stupidity of religious people daily astounds me.

I'm cool with people believing in God by whatever name they want, but the tenacity to say the one WE came up with is superior to whatever they have as a deity (if any at all) is really a bold statement. I mean I'm assuming here that the Aliens will be the ones to contact us if any contact occurs at all and their technology is superior to ours, their knowledge of the world, life, universe and basically everything is vastly greater that what we know.

So how full of ourselves are we to say "All that you know as fact? OUR God made that possible for you. Yeah, you all live a lie and go to hell. Yep, John 3:16. You don't believe in Jesus, you're gonna burn. Good thing you found us now, sucks for all those ancestors that made your species so dominant to ours, they're burning in everlasting pits of flame. But you don't have to. Join us!" At this point I expect the Earth to be in great peril. Screw geological tectonic plate shifting, global warming and crap. It's people shoving their beliefs onto those who just don't want to or shouldn't have to hear it that will end this planet's existence. Aliens will look at us and think how introverted we are, fly up and nuke us with some super death ray.

And uh. If you're devoting your life to finding a way for humanity to survive the Big Crunch, you're really out of your loop.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The hypothetical "big crunch" (which is only one of many hypothesized outcomes for our expanding universe) would not occur for many more billions of years, not just millions. So humans (at least not the sort we've got around right now) will not even be a species anymore. Evolution and all that jazz, you know. Considering that in that hypothesized outcome, all matter is condensed back down to the size it was previous to the big bang-- there's no possible way for human life to survive that, either. Of course, we're not sure at all what the outcome of the universe may be just yet, though.

Take things one step at a time. First let's try to obtain a better understanding of the way the universe works, then we can try to protect ourselves from anything perceived to be dangerous. No sense in developing safeguards against things we don't understand, you know.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, sorry, this is honestly very silly. Christianity is nice and all, but the concept itself is very cultural in its foundation, and is ridiculous enough to enough to enough different cultures on earth that the idea that aliens would accept it is outright laughable.

And if you think that Christianity stops wars, you must be looking at history very selectively, if at all. I don't even mean its conflicts with Islam, but even in the middle ages and Renaissance there was plenty of fighting within Christian-dominated Europe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think its rather ostentatious to think that:

1: we will find aliens in our time. Given how vast the universe is and the amount of time its been around, the likelihood that we will be in the same place as aliens is slim.

2: We'd even be able to communicate with them if we do. With all the random paths evolution can take with all the different speeches, there's no guarantee that they'd even have sound-based communication, much less anything we can communicate with.

3: We'd be able to communicate a particular religion at all, much less convince them of the validity of it.

The ideas take a very human-centric approach to the universe, when humans are really just smaller-than-dust specks in the grand scheme of even the earth, much less the universe.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:
The hypothetical "big crunch" (which is only one of many hypothesized outcomes for our expanding universe) would not occur for many more billions of years, not just millions.

I thought that was thrown out completely.
irrevlent. i wanted to make a fantasy fiction story with a mythological twist to that.

hey people can write bout the sun and moon as people, why can't i write about a universe eating 'antagonisit' who swallows everything into one tiny space and have an protagonist go and fight it causing a large explosion.

"they say it all began when it all ended, the future is just a faint memory of the past"

now back to our scheduled program.

so this is about telling space aliens about Jesus? why not just make universal Chick Tracts.
I'd love to see http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1710/1710_01.asp adapted for Klingons

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: