Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Nintendo DS - Your Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nothing pisses me off more than when I go to Wal-Mart or a game store and find some unattended rugrat stabbing the hell out of the display DS. I just want to punt the little bastards, then find their scummy hick parents and slap the hell out of them for not teaching kids to respect the property of others.

I know a lot of games demand you to tap fast or make quick slashes across the screen, but force is never necessary in my experience. The only wear on my DS is the hairline crack in its left joint. A lot of DS Lites have the same structural flaw mine does and it's not a serious issue.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well that's not just the DS, i've seen playstation controllers with the thumbsticks pulled off. There's no excuse for that.

I heard about the joint crack in DS lites when they first came out. Luckily I'm good with my original DS that I got on launch day.

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had my DS for a few years now and I don't have any scratches on my screen, either. I would like to upgrade to the DS Lite for portability options, but I could probably just swipe my husband's system for that if I really wanted to.

I love my DS to pieces, and it's really got a diverse amount of game genres for it. I originally bought it for Nintendogs when it first came out and my game pile has grown quite a bit from there. Despite all the graphics crap that everybody seems to worship over gameplay nowadays, the system really isn't that lacking, considering it's predecessor, the SP.

Battery life's great, playing with other people is great (that Wi-Fi on a college campus is hilariously awesome), and there are so many games out for it. What's not to love?

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like the DS lite is now obsolete

http://www.destructoid.com/sort-of-but-not-really-a-liveblog-nintendo-a nnounces-a-new-ds-model-the-dsi-105937.phtml

The new DSi has a camera, an SD slot (I'm sure hackers will find this useful) a 17% larger screens, the ability to play mp3s, and the nintendo ds browser built right in the system.

what to me is most interesting is that along with the system Nintendo will introduce "DS ware" which I suppose is similar to wiiware.

maybe the only downside is that there is no GBA slot, but I already have an original DS, GBA, and gameboy player for that. so, what do you guys think?

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have a DS but that new one sounds interesting. I don't have any GBA titles or anything like that so maybe I'll just get this one since the screen is bigger. The rest of the features I don't care much for since I have many other gadgets that all do that.

I was hesitant of buying one before because I was worried the DS was near the end of it's life.... I still am to an extent, but a new DSi sounds like they're gonna keep with it for a little while logner.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tron Bonne wrote:
Looks like the DS lite is now obsolete

http://www.destructoid.com/sort-of-but-not-really-a-liveblog-nintendo-a nnounces-a-new-ds-model-the-dsi-105937.phtml

The new DSi has a camera, an SD slot (I'm sure hackers will find this useful) a 17% larger screens, the ability to play mp3s, and the nintendo ds browser built right in the system.

what to me is most interesting is that along with the system Nintendo will introduce "DS ware" which I suppose is similar to wiiware.

maybe the only downside is that there is no GBA slot, but I already have an original DS, GBA, and gameboy player for that. so, what do you guys think?

Oh yeah, I liked the GBA slot too. I played FF6 for the first time thanks to that slot.

I might get that since my DS' screen is again, starting to give away. I guess I pressed too hard... I started noticing after Brain Academy wouldn't work as properly as it did before.
Anyway, the camera, mp3 and web browser seems cool. I might get it once my DS completely dies.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I might get it. My nephew needs a DS anyway, so he can have mine if I get this.

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I might pick the DSi up too. I have been looking to get an MP3 player, so this might fit my needs.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another positive thing that could come out of this is that what will be considered the "old DS" will likely experience a price drop. Used ones at least might be more readily available.

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, it seems that electronic applocation will undergo a transformation/evolution into "i" technology. How long until we get the iVacuum Cleaner, letting you go on the internet while cleaning the house?

I don't care too much about the DS, even though i bought the DS Lite for my brother, who loves it to bits. I used to watch it behind his back, just to read the text for Pheonix Wright, probably the sole reason everyone should get a DS.

Red Cyranth wrote:
I know a lot of games demand you to tap fast or make quick slashes across the screen, but force is never necessary in my experience. The only wear on my DS is the hairline crack in its left joint. A lot of DS Lites have the same structural flaw mine does and it's not a serious issue.

I remember a couple of weeks ago, my bro's DS has a fault, which was a faulty L button. It doesn't matter much, i know. But he read in a forum (not this one) that if you make a seal over it with you mouth and blow into it, it'll pretty much clean it up and fix it. He was dubious about it, yet voila! It worked. Now there is hardly anything wrong with it.

Will i want the DSi? No, probably not, at least not in the next few years. My brother may or may not. He most likely will, since he didn't use the GBA slot, so he has no complaints about it.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: