Suikoden Unique and Irenic Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

You, IRL
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: You, IRL Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What are you like in the real world? Are you at all different from your online persona? Or are there any kinds of quirks you have worth mentioning?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am pretty much exactly the same in person. I tend to type like I talk, so that should be the same. I can be pretty ditzy at times and I laugh at pretty much anything. I do have a bit of a temper and can get frustrated easily....and hit things. :P Uhh....what else...oh, I talk to pretty much anybody around me. This has made my life at school sooo much easier. And yeah....I don't change myself for the internet. What's the point, I say.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tend to believe that what you see of me on the internet is a watered down version of how I am IRL. I was somewhat famous at my last campus for speaking my mind on the most unthinkable situations - specifically when I compared tanning to excision in my philosophy class, which wound up being on the next test so that the teacher knew we were paying attention. Or when I made an improvised mini-speech in the middle of a sociology discussion about how silly it was to be talking about women's rights like it was a major issue when there was a girl in the class who was dressed in a pantsuit having just come from a major job interview, which was met with silet cheering from several members of the class that were thinking it but didn't want to sound sexist. I'm taking two political science classes this semester, and the teacher for those classes already knows my name, and freaked out when I didn't show up to one of the classes today, thinking I had dropped it (I had overslept.)

As for my interpersonal demeanor, I tend to stay quiet unless I have something funny or important to say in public. With my friends, I'm a goddamn lunatic, again moreso than anyone has seen of me online, similar to the kind of person Dr. Evil desrcibed his father as in the first Austin Powers move. I have a history of threatening yogurt at knifepoint, for example.

I really don't mean to make such a fuss about myself, but alot of this is stuff I've only just noticed about myself, and I'm excited at finally finding my own identity.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... no, I don't think I behave any differently with the comfortable anonymity of the Internet between me and people. This is mostly because I don't care to begin with so I'll say what I want.

I'm a Law student, so I like to raise contrary points for the sake of discussion whether or not I necessarily agree with them.

I also build much of my conversations around metaphors related to either liquor or the X-Men, which you can relate to damn near anything if you want. For example, this is like the time that Bishop fell through a time portal and ended up in the present and discussed himself. And then Wolverine got drunk off Canadian Whiskey because that's the only thing people that hairy are allowed to drink by law.

I guess the one difference is that you can't tell I'm wearing leather chaps while I'm typing, and no I will not stand up.
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm much more laid back in real life, and funnier. On the internet, I tend to not sugarcoat things, and that can make people make think I'm mean, but I'm not out to get anyone. In real life, I usually don't talk about Suikoden, or politics, so that's another difference, I suppose. Most of my friends don't know much about the world, so I don't attempt to bring it up. There is the rare occasion when I go out with people from the Model United Nations, or my Japanese class, and I discuss politics in those situations, but not in many others.

Overall, I'm much more personable in real life than on the internet. I've met a few internet friends in real life, and they'd definitely agree with me.
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my IRL merely the same. i do talk a lot.. do some stupid joke and... yeah i dont really like flirting IRL. maybe i just shy. i can talk with girl.. but it hard to express my feeling. im not very confident person.. but i do think carefully before do something.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In RL I'm just like I am at suikox. I have horns, and I run around with a spoon. In the past year I've learned to wear pants while I run around with the spoon.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not a she in real life, so I guess my answer would be no.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Me here is me there.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm halfway like Humphrey in person in that I tend not to speak. I'm much more of a listener than a talker. Most people I know regard me as the quiet guy in the corner who speaks rarely enough that everyone should pay attention to me when I do. There are two times where I will voluntarily speak: if I have something funny to say (typically one-liners) and if you ask me to explain something and I feel like responding. The latter can be a bad idea since I will then proceed to explain everything I know about whatever it is in great detail. Otherwise, you almost have to force me to speak.

Obviously this is quite different from my online persona where I will sometimes type until my fingers fall off (figuratively speaking). Other than that, I'm still a selfish, stubborn, sarcastic bastard, just fewer people know it irl.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm still awesome. Perhaps more so.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm much more crass and not nearly as well spoken outside of the internet (well, outside of any written medium, really).

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm quite different in real life...
While online I tend to talk nonstop and...in general....outgoing with most strangers/friends alike....IRL I am more...'quiet' and distant from everything. I never say anything unless it's absolutely necessary and I am not as "open" around new people....I prefer more to be the silent outcast of a group rather than being an active part of one.

However I should mention....in real life I have two different personae....one I show only to my immediate family relatives and another I show to everyone else....the personae I described above is more of my personae I show to everyone else....while the personae I show to my immediate family relatives....probably is slightly closer to my internet-self's personae...rather than the former.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Are you at all different from your online persona?

I sure as hell hope so!

I'm not sure whether I should be surprised or not, but Sage sounds quite close to how I generally am in real life, as well. Well, when I'm around my family, at least. My family tends to treat me like I'm an idiot, so I'm generally quiet and prefer to listen to whatever people have to say. Unlike Sage, however, I'm not particularly verbose when I actually do talk.

Around friends, however, I'm more like I am on MSN. I guess, in a way, I'm the exact opposite of Ikano.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to lurk and be very quiet and reserved online-- on both Suikox, and the IRC, and on instant messengers-- but in the past two years or so I've much more opened up to online communities, and such. I think I'm much more like my real life persona now than I was before on these forums. So what you see here is more or less me. :)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: