Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Google Chrome, Google's new web browser

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Google Chrome, Google's new web browser Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Google just released their own web browser to run against Internet Explorer and Firefox. I'm test driving it right now with this thread. Wooo, cool, I can resize the text box! And there's a list of the top sites you visit somewhere. All in all it doesnt seem all that bad, unless I'm missing something? LIKE THIS FOR EXAMPLE?

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/Yvl9921/?action=view¤t=Chro me.jpg

Wow. ANYWAY. Your thoughts.

EDIT: Hmm, having mixed thoughts about there not being that border at the bottom of the page. It allows for more viewing room, but a little thing pops up there whenever I mouse over a link showing where the link is, and it's distracting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Arevus

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just downloaded this today, and I'm getting 403 forbidden for any website I go to, including www.google.com.

Anyone have any advice, never had this problem before.

Sup?
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just that it's not worth it. It's impossible to type out posts when it keeps eating half the text.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Making a web browser to compete with Firefox is like trying to re-invent the wheel. At the end of the day, it's always a waste of time.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Parallax wrote:
Making a web browser to compete with Firefox is like trying to re-invent the wheel. At the end of the day, it's always a waste of time.

Thats what they said about competing with Internet Explorer though. ;)
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A few days ago I decided to try it out, since i wanted to know what all the hubbub was all about. (Hey that rhymes! :mrgreen: ) I overall agree with Parallex, Google Chrome isn't anything too special. Besides, i got Firefox version 3.0 right now, and i like it. I don't find Chrome to be bad, but it's just a bit redundant compared to Firefox.

But i suppose having an incognito mode must be a plus for the pervs living with their parents all around the world :*laugh*: .

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I for one would use it just to break away from the norms without the massive suck involed... if there weren't massive suck involved here too (see above). There are also a couple of features that I can't get to work with Firefox, like the "Quote Selected" button here, or the glow feature at other forums. It woulda been nice if Chrome woulda allowed me to get those to work, but no luck.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Parallax wrote:

It's a good thing they re-invented the wheel then. Firefox was re-invented out of Mozilla which was re-invented out of Netscape. Re-inventing is a good thing in my opinion.

With that said, the nature of web sites and the underlying client-side technologies makes having multiple browsers an annoyance to all Internet users. Because, doesn't it suck when some web site or another doesn't work on your favourite browser? The more fractured the web browser market becomes, the more this will become a problem...

Who knows, maybe Chrome will be something. Phoenix 0.1 was like 5 steps back from Mozilla at the time.

In the end, I don't hold any loyalty to Firefox or any other browser... To paraphrase Lt. Rasczak; Firefox is it, until the project is dead or I find something better.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I jumped on the firefox bandwagon cause at the time IE didn't have tabbed browsing, or a few other features it has now. But Firefox still seems to have it all worked out better than IE. If Google can make it better than I'll be using that.

And Fuji-san is absolutely correct. Progress comes from trying to take existing things and make them better. So it's not pointless at all.

Now on this similar subject... I'm creating a new topic for it. :p

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This article pretty much convinces me that I will never ever try Chrome unless some major changes are made to it.

Google browser's tracking feature alarms developers, privacy advocates
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: