Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tierkreis - filler, harbinger or the future of Suikoden?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siefer

6933 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
siefer, it's because my views are absolute, and the way that I see things determine how the world sees things.

Yeah, I exaggerated. My point is, though, that I doubt you can find too many people who geniunely believe that the DS / PSP are more relevant and "important" than the consoles.

Your point is valid in the eyes of the "traditional" gamer perhaps, the problem is that the "traditional" gamer is becoming more and more irrelevant in the eyes of corporate management (just look at Nintendo's recent 'shunning' of 3rd parties and the 'hardcore' market at this past E3).

I can tell you from personal experience, that as someone who isn't in college anymore and through my peers that handhelds have slowly become more and more dominant in monopolizing our gaming time. They're easier to pick up and play (and consequently, stop), and can be played on the go or on business trips. While certain disadvantages remain an issue (neck problems playing for prolonged periods of time, controls too small for people with larger hands/fingers, etc.), it's overall convenience has overcome any technical disadvantages it has against its bigger console brethren.

I'm not saying this applies to everyone, and I still play my home consoles a lot, but there are other factors to consider when someone evaluates what is a suitable system for themselves.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Tierkreis would take place in another universe. To me that seems silly, and I doubt Konami would do that.

However, I do agree with the opinion that it would be a sort of prequel to "make way" for VI.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You guys win this round.

Anyway, I've been thinking that maybe this will be one of those "experiment" games like Suikoden 3 and 4, and that Konami has learned their lesson about trying to change too much in a core game.

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Anyway, I've been thinking that maybe this will be one of those "experiment" games like Suikoden 3 and 4, and that Konami has learned their lesson about trying to change too much in a core game.

As I said, Suikoden III is the best selling and most critically acclaimed game in the whole franchise, so if you didn't like III, than I'd hope that Konami most certainly did not learn their lesson.

Edit: Or was it IV that sold the most? I'm pretty sure it was III, but either way the point stands.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
As I said, Suikoden III is the best selling and most critically acclaimed game in the whole franchise

You're right on both accounts.

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Calvin wrote:
Quote:

As I said, Suikoden III is the best selling and most critically acclaimed game in the whole franchise, so if you didn't like III, than I'd hope that Konami most certainly did not learn their lesson.

Edit: Or was it IV that sold the most? I'm pretty sure it was III, but either way the point stands.

Oops, that came out wrong. 3 IS my favorite, but they had part of the fanbase bitching about 3, the rest bitching about 4. My point was they if they are going to make innovations, they're probably going to try it outside of the main series from now on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you want my opinion, there is evidence for all the above. This installment is very different from the other main games in the series and yet more like them than suikogaiden or Tactics.

It has many changes in the basics that have been staples of the series since day one. Plus the whole story and premise is very different from any game we have had before. But at the same time it has the 108 SOD, the army battles and duel battles.

So you got me. It could be just a side game like Tactics and the Suikogaidens or a transformation of the series.

My gut feeling is just a side game though. Though I agree that they may have decided to create a side series for when they want to do something really different. And keep the more traditional form in the main installments. At least I hope thats how it will be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: