Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Luca Blight= Hitler?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Luca Blight= Hitler? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't help but think if Konami based Luca off of Hilter and tyranical Roman leaders, To this day I don't think there is no villian in video games or atleast in the RPG genre that can compare to how evil and cruel he was and the fact that if you were'nt from Highland or Harmonia, He would kill you and down your village,town or city to the ground, Much like Hilter only wanted one race, Luca makes Barbarossa seem like a nicer person, Most of the latest Suikoden antagonists are'nt really bad guys anyway but doing what they believe is the best interest for their country, The way Luca invaded the city states was alot like how Rome conquered other nations and how Germany stormed countries.

The Highland soldiers remind me of Roman legions, The marches, the banners and somewhat the uniforms even the camps when Riou and Jowy spy on the Highland camp for Muse, The tents looked alot like the ones the Romans used when they were stationed eslewhere.

Last edited by Zahak on Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hilter?

Anyway, not really. The Godwin's were much more like Hitler. Luca Blight hated the world for being cruel to him, he didn't believe in some sort of racial superiority, he just hated the world. It's why Culgan and Seed betrayed him in secret to hang with Jowy, in the end everything would be ruined, Jowston, Highland, whatever. Hitler didn't want to have only one race, in his mind slave classes were need and undesirable races would be suited for that (save for the Jews which, of course, Hitler did try and wipe out). He also viewed some select races as acceptable, including the British.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca's also not charismatic, he rules by fear and intimidation. Apparently the German people liked Hitler. I don't think anyone actually liked Luca.

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Hilter?

Anyway, not really. The Godwin's were much more like Hitler. Luca Blight hated the world for being cruel to him, he didn't believe in some sort of racial superiority, he just hated the world. It's why Culgan and Seed betrayed him in secret to hang with Jowy, in the end everything would be ruined, Jowston, Highland, whatever. Hitler didn't want to have only one race, in his mind slave classes were need and undesirable races would be suited for that (save for the Jews which, of course, Hitler did try and wipe out). He also viewed some select races as acceptable, including the British.

Agreed, I don't think the Godwins were as cruel as Hilter, maybe Childerich and Dolph were, The Godwins were trying to do what was in the best interest of Falena, Their methods were wrong and cruel but it was in the best intentions, I would say I thought Luca would'nt harm fellow Highlanders, but what he did to the Youth Brigade pretty much shows you, I can't say I blame him for how he feels towards Jowston as men from Jowston raped his mom, I probably would do the same exact thing but not kill innocent people who had nothing to do with it, Luca seem to be as messed up as Roman emperors such as Nero and Commondus(sp?), I may hate Luca for being such a cruel person, But I aknowledge the strength and evilness of his character, being that he is only human and it took 3 partys ,flaming arrows and Riou to kill.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see the correlation. Luca's hate was not fueled by racism but rather for his desire for vengeance.

I think he is just based off of warped human emotions. All of us are capable of hate, and the desire for revenge is also a natural occurrence. It all comes down to whether we decide to act upon it (or whether we have the mental capacity to control those emotions and desires, which Luca clearly did not).

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darko wrote:
I don't see the correlation. Luca's hate was not fueled by racism but rather for his desire for vengeance.

I think he is just based off of warped human emotions. All of us are capable of hate, and the desire for revenge is also a natural occurrence. It all comes down to whether we decide to act upon it (or whether we have the mental capacity to control those emotions and desires, which Luca clearly did not).

I did'nt necessarily racism, I meant it almost shares the same aspects, I guess I am looking at it as the way both Hitler and Luca comminted inhumane and unreal acts as their overdrived hatred caused them to kill people ina horrible way possible.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Then you've widened the field to just about every psychopathic murderer ever and that's a long list.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The one trait Luca had which reminded me of Hitler was his views of anyone who wasn't a native of Highland. he kind of wanted to kill anyone who wasn't of his "race" or nationality, they're a bit ambiguous on it.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He wanted to destroy Jowston as he held the nation responsible for the rape of his mother. It's everyone else (Lepant, Leon, Culgan etc) who attributed a desire for world destruction to him, and that included Highland.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca's hate was specific to Jowston and Jowston only. If he hated everyone that wasn't from Highland, he never would have agreed to have Lucia and Harmonian troops aiding the Highland army.

Basically, I think his mentality was: "I'm going to get revenge, and if you get in my way, you're dead."

Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oppenheimer wrote:
Luca's also not charismatic, he rules by fear and intimidation. Apparently the German people liked Hitler. I don't think anyone actually liked Luca.

I would disagree. I think Luca was probably popular with common people at home. We were going with a Roman Emperor comparison earlier, and there was one thing the Romans could count on to get the support of Commoners behind them. You went out and you kicked someone else's face in and you came back with new land for the Empire and spoils of war.

Luca pretty much kept winning from the time he was made King of Highland right up until until he got taken out. It's true, none of the other characters from Highland that we meet seem to like him, but those people are all Generals and such, and so they have a different, more direct perspective to him.

The average guy living in... whatever that little village in Highland is where you finally track down Elza... he doesn't know that Luca's nuttier than a peanut butter factory, all he knows is that the new King of Highland is putting the boots to a rebel army and soon the entire City-State of Jowston will be part of Highland.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nines wrote:
whatever that little village in Highland is where you finally track down Elza...

Sajah

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you. The only tiny redneck mountain town I could think of at the time was South Park, and I was pretty sure that wasn't correct.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darko wrote:
Luca's hate was specific to Jowston and Jowston only. If he hated everyone that wasn't from Highland, he never would have agreed to have Lucia and Harmonian troops aiding the Highland army.

An argument against that is that Highland descended from Harmonia.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Darko wrote:

An argument against that is that Highland descended from Harmonia.

Highland became its own nation over two centuries prior to the Dunan Unification War. The Harmonian blood that ran through the veins of Maroux had likely been intermixed with that of different families by the time Luca was sired. I don't really think they even consider themselves descendants of Harmonian people (the way most Caucasians in America can trace their lineage to European roots). Just looking at the Blight family, they most definitely don't have the "Harmonian" look to them at all. I would think in their eyes, they would call themselves Highlanders and leave it at that.

Regardless, it doesn't explain why they would accept aid from Lucia, whose culture/nationality is vastly different from that of Highland.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: