Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

US Open 2008 Prediction Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Remaining Men's QF Matches:
Andy Roddick (USA) - Novak Djokovic (SRB) - Djokovic's ankle really isn't in good condition. Roddick is the last American standing on home ground.
Gilles Muller (LUX) - Roger Federer (SUI)

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Remaining Men's Matches:

Andy Roddick (USA) - Novak Djokovic (SRB)
Gilles Muller (LUX) - Roger Federer (SUI)

Women's Semi Finals

Whichever Williams (USA) - Dinara Safina (RUS)
Elena Dementieva (RUS) - Jelena Jankovic (SRB)

I think Safina can beat either of the Williams sisters. Result of that QF does not matter for me, but I hope Venus wins so I get the points XD.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mardy Fish and Rafa got on the court very late, and I probably won't be awake to see the end, sadly! Mardy Fish has just won the first set, shockingly. Seems like Rafa has got things back together in the second set, though.

Serena Williams (USA) - Dinara Safina (RUS) <-- Another match worthy of a final. Safina, Serena, and Venus are the best women at this tournament, for sure.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Women's Semifinals:

It would be awesome to have a russian final again (like in Bejing) but I doubt that this will happen so my predictions are:

Serena Williams (USA) - Dinara Safina (RUS)

The predictions for the Men's Semi Final will be very tough. Since I predicted that Rafa will win the US Open I go with him but it's more likely that Murray wins.

Incomplete Men's Semi-Finals:

Rafael Nadal (ESP) - Andy Murray (GBR)
N.N. - N.N.
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

N.N. - N.N.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Novak Djokovic (SRB) - Roger Federer (SUI)

It will be close, but Rafa's consistency will win him this match.

edit: I have to say, that one thing that has really impressed me is the amount of emotion I have been seeing from Roger Federer in both the Olympics and US Open. It's interesting to see a player who has usually been so emotionally reserved get so pumped up, even against players like Gilles Muller, who is just a qualifier. Definitely shows a shift in personality.

Last edited by Gil-galad on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roddick fought hard to try to come back from 2 sets down, but couldn't do it. Nole made some comments in his post-match interview that basically got him booed off the court. It was very strange to see a winner get booed off the court. Very weird, indeed.

Men's Semis:

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Son of a bitch man. I originally predicted Djokovic to win too, but after I posted it I second guessed myself and changed it. Damn it! Damn it! I did the same with Venus and Serena too. That cost me the freaking tourney I bet. GAH!

Men's Semis:

ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seeing Federer having a lot of problems with the Qualificant Gilly Mueller in the first set (not using so many break chances) and also in the second set I hope that Djoko can beat him. Mueller was obviously very tired in the 3rd set. Djoko has problems with his ankle but managed to beat Roddick ... that really gives me hope (and he's not a Qualificant but No 3). Btw: I think every Top Ten player would show emotions when he can't use so many breakchances vs a Qualificant. It didn't happen very often in the last 4,5 years so it's no surprise that Roger shows emotions in this case. That Mardy Fish won the first set vs Rafa wasn't that shocking for me (it's the first year that Rafa plays very good on hard court), it was more shocking for me that Roger needed 5 sets to beat Andreev. ^^

What comments did Djoko made in this interview? Since the game ended in the early morning at my time there's nothing about it in the newspaper today.
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Results after Quarterfinals

Gilly:
Men: 3
Women: 4
Total: 7 x 6 = 42 points
Total = 354 points

VF:
Men: 2
Women: 3
Total: 5 x 6 = 30 points
Total = 306 points

Archy:
Women: 4
Total: 7 x 6 = 42 points
Total = 284 points

Red:
Women: 3
Total: 6 x 6 = 36 points
Total = 338 points
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know, it's not really just something you see in matches where he's having issues with unforced errors (which have been higher than normal, this year. Higher than normal is still a heck of a lot lower than most players). He's also been showing that sort of emotion in matches where's he dominated. Like I said after I saw him in the Olympics, it's kind of a new trend I see with him.

Also, I wouldn't paint Gilles Muller as some weakling qualifier. He was a great Juniors Champion, and also had great success beating players of the highest caliber, before faltering off with a few injuries. He's beaten Andy Roddick, Andre Agassi, and Rafael Nadal in the past-- so even if he didn't use all of his break point chances, obtaining a straight set win over him will be very important in proceeding to the Semifinals for him, in my opinion.

As for Djokovic, after seeing his awkward post match interview, I don't think the crowd will be supportive of him at all-- and the New York audience does like Roger Federer quite a bit. It doesn't help Nole's mindset when the crowd is against him.

He pretty much called Andy a "meanie" in his post match interview, which caused him to receive about 20,000 boos.

Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, and the other men's semifinal:

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not going to be able to watch the women's final tomorrow, which is sad, but I'm sure it'll be a great match.

Serena Williams (USA) - Jelena Jankovic (SRB)

Congratulations to Jelena for making her first final of a Major... but I think she's not ready to beat Serena. She's working on her strength and fitness level, and I'm seeing noticeable improvements in her serve speed and her stamina, but it will take even more work to overcome a player like Serena.

Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you remember I originally picked Serena to win it all then switched to Dinara Safina. Motherfeck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: