Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Forum fixed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Forum fixed Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earlier yesterday the forum started having trouble with a portion of the database malfunctioning due to possible bot overloads. I haven't seen any irregular bot activity through the various logs, but the important fact is that the database became whacked out.

I posted that the forum is down yesterday on the main site (I'm sure nobody reads the main site), but it was sort of functioning even though there were some database issues, so I kept the forum open.

Pretty great that new info is released about Tierkreis at the same time. Makes for a great source of stress for my illness! It's all a conspiracy!

Fixing a corrupt database is a dangerous thing, so I waited until fuji dropped by. He fixed it in a second.

Generally, this forum is approaching its shelf-life. Phpbb2 is no longer really supported and we'll likely see more of these malfunctions in the future. More the reason to speed up porting this forum into phpbb3 and all that jazz.

Anyhow, problem is fixed, so stop sending me PMs.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oops, seems like the main site index has been zapped. I'll have to get to the backup files...
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Main site index has been zapped again. Reason is a total mystery at the moment.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Still no idea what caused it, but the index page is fixed and it's updated with new stuff.
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Hopefully this will quell all the complaints I get from French people who say iscalio's pronunciation isn't "true French" or whatever."

Now you'll just get complaints from Quebecers who think you're being mean by using France's French over their French. You can't win!
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, you can placate the Quebecois by telling them it's a separate language.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Templeton

186895 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It wouldn't be to much to ask of you for this forum to be stored and preserved for future archiving purposes (if it came to that). I say this for any future events such as to many threads creating a slow down in the forums, although, the current upgrade in the phbb is an interesting concept.

Thanks for your time.

Ryan.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All of the posts will be transferred to phpbb3 when we upgrade, so nothing should be lost in the process.

Concerning the Quebecois, I'd be glad to host sound files as long as somebody sends them to me.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not an expert on the subject (in fact, I am utterly clueless) but I don't think there's any pronunciation issues between the French spoken in France and the French spoken in Quebec. I believe the only difference is word usage, if I'm remembering stuff I learned in high school correctly.

The "separate language" thing is a (perhaps obscure) Canadian joke poking fun at Quebec's seemingly endless campaign to separate from Canada, thus prefering anything that's "separate."

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like any other language, things are pronounced slightly differently in different places that speak the same language. Even within France, things are spoken differently in different areas.

Yeah, I know about Quebec's issues. But, it doesn't really have much to do with this; I just wanted to point out that other French-speaking peoples may be mad, and wanted to make a lame joke.

Also, the "Credits" section doesn't seem to be working.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well the'll be a new war/forum game. new suikoden title and then the new forum.
its all good.
I hear yoga is good for stress and this CD with sounds. I wound't know. i don't use them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the Credits section is no longer blank, but nothing looks right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: