Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Touhou Project Series

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Touhou Project Series Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Touhou Project series is a japanese shmup that has a pretty large cult following. You've probably seen or heard something from it, but not known what it was. It's famous for 3 things -

1. It's music. Especially what IOSYS does with the tunes, creating things such as "Marisa Stole the Precious Thing" along with various other famous tunes.

2. It's cast. 99% female, many of which are lesbians.

3. It's gameplay. It's one of the most batshit insane games out there, even by shmup standards. Here's video of the bonus stage of Touhou Project 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHmzO2RI1fs

You might know the tune to the boss battle.

Anyway, I managed to find Perfect Cherry Blossom, and have been addicted to it, even if I'm only able to get up to the final boss on easy before having to use a continue. I beat the game with continues, but it gave me a bad ending.

Anyone else play the games?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heck Yeah. I thought I was the only one around here that plays Touhou. I enjoy the great music and gameplay, but it's incredibly hard. The levels get incredibly insane and I haven't beaten any of them yet.

I have Perfect Cherry Blossom, Immaterial and Missing Power, Mountain of Faith, and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody.

Immaterial and Missing Power & Scarlet Weather Rhapsody are fighting games that incorporated some of the platform shooter into its gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UySaJa0-5o8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-1_-3upBvA
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What level of difficulty are you on in PCB? Just to get an idea of how good you are at it.

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha...I haven't played PCB enough to get really good at it. I play on Normal difficulty and I can get as far as the fourth stage boss. You're probably far better than I what I can do so far.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could get as far as the fifth stage boss on normal (slow mode) before swallowing my pride and going down to Easy. The normal enemies in stage 4 are harder than the boss itself IMO.

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can you get as far as the boss on the PCB extra stage? I always game over well before I can get to there...
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, I havent even unlocked the extra stage. Or am I doing something terribly wrong?

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I'm not sure how I unlocked it myself. I thought I had to reach a certain point in the game to do so. I guess another possibility is getting all the spell card bonuses on a stage.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I just now realized that shift gives you an extra attack. Goddammit, that would have been useful to know earlier.

If it's all spell card bonuses on a stage, it must be stage 3 with Alice. Just a hunch. I'll try it next time.

Or maybe it's "get to a certain point with a specific character" since I only play as Reimu.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: