Suikoden United and Infamous Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Olympics (that's not about tennis)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: The Olympics (that's not about tennis) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I must say the first couple days of the Summer Games in Beijing has been more fun than I thought it would be. The Opening Ceremony on Friday was just great. I'm wondering just how much China spent to stage that ceremony.

The highlight of the first weekend of the Summer Games has to be the come from behind win by the US Men's swimming team against the French relay team at the 4x100 freestyle. Red and Gil had spoiled it for me since they saw it first being East Coasters and all but even seeing it later and knowing how it ended didn't make it less exciting. The French team should know that trash-talking against Americans is never a good thing.

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, some of the Olympic events this year has been really exciting. The men's 4x100 freestyle was definitely the highlight with a new world record being set and the US seizing a narrow victory over France. The women's 400m freestyle was also pretty amazing when it looked like Hoff was going to get an easy gold until Adlington comes from far behind and reaches the goal a fraction of a second before Katie Hoff.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That 4x100 relay was pretty incredible. You have to look at it even wider than just the French and US teams, though-- the top 5 finishers ALL broke the previous world record. That's pretty unprecedented. It just goes to show how badly the French and US teams beat the previous world record-- both teams were nearly four second faster! Ridiculous.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

China seems to be dominating this year as expected. They have won all golds in gymnastics and diving so far, and are dominating in weightlifting and shooting.

Also, does anyone know the details on Swedish wrestler who threw his bronze medal to the floor and walked off the podium during the medal ceremony? All I know is that he is pissed at the judges' decisions, which his coach calls a decision based on "politics."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: