Suikoden Unique and Illusional Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Olympic Games 2008 Tennis Prediction Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I couldn't watch the doubles (nor the singles) but I've read what Roger said BEFORE the Olympic Games started: He wants to win the Gold medal - in the single tournament ("... Winning the Olympic Gold medal would be the same like winning Wimbledon.") I haven't read anything that he said the same about the Double tournament, but of course the doubles got more important for him after he lost in the single tournament. But you know that the double tournaments never are as important as the single tournaments.

I'm not sure if the points for the doubles count in the ATP-ranking list, I would be surprised if that was the case. I had a look at the No 1 - 200 in the ATP ranking and I couldn't find the Bryan brothers for example, as far as I know they only play doubles.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the doubles and single points races are counted separately. Still, it does prove that he can play at a top level not only in singles but also in doubles. I think it would mix thing sup a bit for him to try something new, like doubles, after this disappointing season. It would make things more... fun. :o

A gold medal is a gold medal, really. I think being able to come out on top over one of the greatest doubles duos of all time makes up for a somewhat lackluster match against Blake. :)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: