Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Gremio":13khwjwq]Now they put themselves in a difficult position. Tierkreis will sell more than V for sure, and maybe more than IV. At that point, which producer / scenario writer / director could honestly convince Konami to get back to the Suikoverse?

Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. The sales still need to been seen, and we should know the first week sales next week around Christmas Day since Japan doesn't have a big Christmas holiday. This is a definite risk for Konami, even with all the care and budget being put into the game. At the same time, they risk alienating some of the old Suikoden fanbase, but there's also no guarantee that new players find Tierkreis, even though it doesn't have the baggage of the numbered series making new players' entry harder. But they have to try in light of the series' diminishing sales.

This is definitely a test like Gil-Galad said, and it remains to be seen how it will go - and what Konami will do afterwards.
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope you guys are correct. But DS has an incredible installed base - which such a large demographic, software should sell well. Also, Famitsu was quite enthusiast with the game (34/40 iirc).

About long-time-fans being possibly alienated... We might do a quick survey around here. Anyone is so stoic and strong-willed to leave this one on shelves until Konami says "Oops, we were wrong, let's get back to Harmonia"?
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree that it will probably sell well, at least as well as Suikoden IV. However, I disagree that that is a bad thing. Not buying this game will only encourage Konami to never, ever make another Suikoden game. Buying it will show them that there are not only still long-time fans willing to shell out cash for the series, but also that the series is able to draw in new fans. Perhaps that will give the Suikoden team more leverage to return to the main series.

You're making assumptions that aren't really grounded in anything. This is just a side game for a handheld console, I wouldn't lose out hope yet.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Gil-galad":2ggcm0a1]However, I disagree that that is a bad thing. Not buying this game will only encourage Konami to never, ever make another Suikoden game.

I haven't said it's a bad thing, and I agree with the rest of course.

the only thing I'm not sure is Tierkreis' importance. They didn't say it's a side story, nor did they call it Gaiden. And certainly it is a more ambitious project than Card Stories...
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will definitely buy Tierkreis, cannt wait for this game. But seriously hope that Konami will not abandon the original story and the universe. I mean its okie that sub a new universe for us the suiko fans...but if totally erase the original will cause alot of us disappointment.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The song that plays when you are choosing your name is the same from suikoden 2... or 1... can't remember.

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

all the fanfares are there. mot only name select but also battle victory. more impressions to follow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: