Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden Tierkreis? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New hands-on impressions at 1up:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3171426

Basically the whole article is just trying to reassure fans to open their wallets and buy the thing even if it's not set in the Suikoverse. Also English voices aren't of the best quality, at least in his opinion.
DarkCalibur

46980 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Suikoden Tierkreis? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Gremio":ebus0krc]New hands-on impressions at 1up:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3171426

Basically the whole article is just trying to reassure fans to open their wallets and buy the thing even if it's not set in the Suikoverse. Also English voices aren't of the best quality, at least in his opinion.

i heard their english voices once in youtube (sadly got removed by copyrights)
compared to the ones who dubbed 5
THEY.ARE.AMATEURS!
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Both Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia allow the player to set voice in Japanese. Let's hope Suikoteam is smart enough to include that option as well.
DarkCalibur

46980 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Gremio":3322m1gr]Both Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia allow the player to set voice in Japanese. Let's hope Suikoteam is smart enough to include that option as well.

they better be..the japanese were better than the english ones anyway(excluding 5)
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A couple of weeks until the Japanese release... should get a ton of info then, but maybe it would be better to wait for the English version since it's coming so soon!

I wonder if Konami will do a soundtrack release, besides the CD in the Limited edition.

Play-Asia has cover art of the [url=http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-gv6-71-ba-77-2-49- en-15-tierkreis-84-j-70-34j7.html:1hez26ft]US version of Tierkreis[/url:1hez26ft], but is it real? It's just the logo on a black background, but it looks really good. Could be a placeholder though.
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Gremio":316w9ofq]Both Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia allow the player to set voice in Japanese. Let's hope Suikoteam is smart enough to include that option as well.

Or maybe the 3d graphics will take more space from the DS game card than the Castlevania ones.
Or maybe the english voices aren't actually so bad once we hear some more of them.

[quote="Sami":316w9ofq]A couple of weeks until the Japanese release... should get a ton of info then, but maybe it would be better to wait for the English version since it's coming so soon!

I wonder if Konami will do a soundtrack release, besides the CD in the Limited edition.

Play-Asia has cover art of the [url=http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-gv6-71-ba-77-2-49- en-15-tierkreis-84-j-70-34j7.html:316w9ofq]US version of Tierkreis[/url:316w9ofq], but is it real? It's just the logo on a black background, but it looks really good. Could be a placeholder though.

If you thought that box was actually very horrendous, don't fear!

A zip full of KonamiDSTour2008 stuff at konami.com has that box in a folder named Temp Box Front, so yeah it's a placeholder. Unless they're too lazy to come up with anything better. Or want to go with the old "crappiest box version for the US" route.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden Tierkreis? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good news on the soundtrack front. Not limited to just the Limited Edition, Konami is planning to publish the Tierkreis original soundtrack in February in Japan, as heard from main composer Norikazu Miura himself.

http://www.originalsoundversion.com/?p=1268
Gunloc

19976 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Suikoden Tierkreis? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tierkreis' Famitsu score: 9/8/9/8

[url=http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171754:24t05hbi]1 up has some details from the reviews.[/url:24t05hbi]

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

here's an interview with the producer, Masayuki Saruta http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager ... 3171794&p=

He basically didn't give an affirmative reply to the first question "will we ever see the Suikoverse back" - he continued for all the interview to stress the importance to appeal new audiences...

Suikoden going the Tales Of... route from now on? :cry:
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Gremio":119kus2c]Suikoden going the Tales Of... route from now on? :cry:

No need to worry. Remember how secretive the Suikoden team and Konami are.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I can genuinely say that I can't wait for this game. I think I've come a full 180 on this game. Besides, I can (finally) talk my friend into playing Suikoden now that it is on the DS.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love konami but if they decide to let go of the story.,,then **** them
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they made a wrong decision - sales of Tierkreis will be spectacular (relatively speaking) because it's on the most successful hardware out there. There was no need to dump the suikoverse, a new suiko on DS would have sold like hotcakes anyway.

Now they put themselves in a difficult position. Tierkreis will sell more than V for sure, and maybe more than IV. At that point, which producer / scenario writer / director could honestly convince Konami to get back to the Suikoverse?

Chances are that this successful (and probably very good) game marks the death of Gensosuikoden as we know it.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or it's just a testing ground to see if they can sell games under the Suikoden name on a different platform that they're used to. Perhaps to see if they can continue making games in the Suikoverse on this new hardware, instead of on the expensive PS3.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope your right gil-galad
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: