Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Are you getting all 108 stars or no?

For some strange reason, whenever I play a game I try to complete it, yes. I'm just weird that way.

Yvl wrote:
Some of us like to actually ENJOY the game rather than beat it as quickly as possible.

Really? That's amazing. I know whenever I play a game I set out to be as miserable as possible. I'm gonna have to try your way some time.

Next you'll be telling me crazy things like that you also play with the TV on.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not want to mention names, but there is no need for hostility here. People play games differently and another's gaming style will in no way affect you, so there's no need to be critical. Plus, this discussion has ceased to be on topic. Please correct your behavior.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In terms of length, Suikoden II can be completed in 20 hours (to see the entire Clive/Elza scenario), but I have never done it. I tend to take at least 30 hours (or longer depending on if I remembered to turn of the console or not) for I, II, and IV (the "short" games of the series). Suikoden III and V are definitely longer games, and I usually wind up spending about 50 hours or so playing them.

I would like Suikoden Tierkreis to fall somewhere in the middle of the two groups in terms of play-length. I would like it to take maybe 30-ish hours to beat when NOT going for completion, and much longer if you are.

Yet, with the story being literally about the protagonist regathering the 108 Stars (where it's just a good thing to do in the others, and it is not required), there may be very few (if any) optional recruits.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
It has been 2 years since V and this is obviously not VI.

Suikoden V was released 2 and a half years ago, and we don't know yet when Tierkreis will be released. It will likely take about the same amount of time from unveiling to release, which would put it at the beginning of next year, when Suikoden V has been out for 3 years. And likewise, it's now been almost 3 years since Suikoden V was publicly revealed.

I hope Konami is already working on the translation so we won't have to wait long after the Japanese version. It's pretty obvious this won't be coming out in English this year, but February or March next year shouldn't be impossible. Seriously hoping it won't take until the autumn.
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, finally...a new Suikoden is coming out...although its on DS...but better than nothing...probably this will be the 1st DS game I play...hehe... :mrgreen: And hopefully after this Suiko 6 will come out in PS3, just like after Tactics, Suiko 5 released!!!
Prophecy

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really hope this fans out really nice. I've been meaning to get a DS for a few games but it seems like none of the ones out there really WOW me to get one.
As for length, well i hope that it takes awhile, I haven't been able to sit down and play a suikoden for the last little bit and do a 100% completion. Other games such as oblivion, old snes rpg's, mass effect, lots of new RPG's haven't yet wowed me into really putting my time in.
I just hope with the new Suikoden and maybe 6 they really outdo themselves. I need something to really get into.
haha....wow i ramble...

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

None of the DS games wow you? What about FFIV DS or Phoenix Wright? You REALLY shouldnt underestimate either of those games if you care for games with a good story.

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea none really wow me yet, a good story is one thing, but everyone is different regarding their tastes in stories. Phoenix wright isn't my type of game.and FFIV....well the story hasn't changed much since its original release, what IS different is the gameplay and graphics. That one i will pick up once i have more reasons to buy a DS.

17346 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Image of the Desert City and Nagarea Theory Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since the Southern Continent has a known desert, I say based on the depiction of the Desert City, its likely the southern kingdom is New Armes or the Ancient Armes civilization.

Based on the information in Suikoden 5, New Armes has a known desert, but also sub-antarctic and temperate forests, mountainous areas, and coastal cities.

Not sure if Nagarea has a desert since there's lots of rivers traversing the country.

However, the statue depicting a priest might indicate that Salsaville is in proximity to Nagarea Theoracracy.

Maybe the Shadowy Society called "Swordsmen of Hell" are part of the Nagarist Order and Nether Gate having a role to play in it, and maybe they have their sights set on conquering the nation to the southeast, possibly New Armes.

I know for a fact Nether Gate is likely based in Nagarea based on the information in Suikoden 5, meaning their connections to Belfrayd and "Swordsmen of Hell" are likely.

Last edited by KamaroKnight on Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Image of the Desert City and Nagarea Theory Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KamaroKnight wrote:
Not sure if Nagarea has a desert since there's lots of rivers traversing the country.

The Nile and Tigris rivers are both in deserts.
KamaroKnight

17346 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Forgot about the Nile and Tigris rivers Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its true the Nile and Tigris rivers are situated along the Sahara and Arabian deserts respectfully.

Keep in mind that Baghdad is a desert city situated along the river and just inside former Mesopotamia.

However, based on the desert city depiction in Suikoden Tierkreis, the city doesn't seem to be situated along a river, but I could be wrong.

It could be similar to Caleria, a Harmonian mountain border city, which is not situated along a river.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't sign in for 21 days and when I return this is what I get? Fucking PORPOISE people?

*sigh*

The artwork looks meh, the characters are all extremely bland and forgettable-looking (I just spent 10 mins looking at character artwork and bios and I've already forgotten what any character looks like), and the battle system has been raped into mediocrity (standard MP and four people, again).

And then the chibis. Oh God, the chibis! Why?!

There better be a Suikoden 6 coming. And Fumi Ishikawa better be involved. And no chibis. Or porpoise people.

Sorry for the negativity here people. But IMO Suikoden's writing and artwork has gone downhill since Murayama and Ishikawa left during/after Suikoden 3. And after Suikoden 4 I have no high hopes for the series ever returning to quality. Series devotion only goes so far, and where once I was fanatically devoted to the series I am now a cynical shell of a fan.

^Actual quote!
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So the little bit of character art isn't the best and the battle system appears somewhat dumbed down (though to be honest, Suikoden's battle system has always been somewhat simple, but fun). But there's still so little information that I think longtime fans should just wait until there's more before writing it all off. Behind mediocre artwork there could be a great Suikoden game here.

Also, question about the scans: I noticed in the bottom of the last scan, in the box where it says the game is 50% complete, there's is some mention of "108 people". My Japanese is too poor to read the rest, but I was wondering if anyone with better skills knew what this was saying? Since it's in reference to the amount of the game completed, I assume it has something to do with that...but what exactly? I'd appreciate anyone who could clarify this for me!
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KamaroKnight wrote:
Since the Southern Continent has a known desert, I say based on the depiction of the Desert City, its likely the southern kingdom is New Armes or the Ancient Armes civilization.

Yeah, obviously that's the only possibility cause it's not like there are deserts in Toran, Dunan or anywhere else in the world.

Admiral Ackbar wrote:
Fucking PORPOISE people?

I gotta say, I love the irony of someone calling himself Ackbar that.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Yeah, obviously that's the only possibility cause it's not like there are deserts in Toran, Dunan or anywhere else in the world.

We do know that neither of those places have a kingdom surrounding it called "Salsaville."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 16 of 24

Jump to: