Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Suikoden Tierkreis? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From some handsome guys wonderful Suikoden site, Due Fiumi.com. More information there.

Konami Corporation has trademarked the name "Suikoden Tierkreis" in North America for use with "video game software".
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh... That's an odd title alright. Having trouble pronouncing it even. And seeing as it confuses me to such a degree I'm not sure how to feel about it right now cause I don't really get it. I mean, I'm happy but also perplexed.

But of course it's some kind of good news that Konami is doing something new concerning Suikoden trademark. And considering the title, "Suikoden Tierkreis" is not the kinda title you'd trademark "just in case" if you're not gonna do something with it cause it's unlikely to say the least that someone would beat you to it. So something is certainly rumbling. I'm definitely more interested in TGS now. Who knows, maybe they just decided that SI-V was enough, they're done with numbering their titles. And thus maybe Tierkreis is actually just VI.

Last edited by Djungelurban on Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I pronounce it as "tear cries".

Am I in the minority?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm thinking it might be kinda like "Tiirkrais"... With hard R's and K unlike the fluid and softer English versions.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

Select German voice and put in "tierkreis"... woo, I was kinda right.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok there, now that that's cleared up let's return to topic.

New Suikoden game! WOHO! :D

EDIT: BTW, that site is hilarious... Try to enter a text in English and the just switch to some other language and then just listen. Sound so silly... So what, I'm tired, ok? :)
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great info! I checked the Japanese trademark office just in case, but nothing there yet.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Niiiice.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's interesting is, if you Babelfish "tierkreis" from German to English you get "animal circle." Then again, we all know how accurate Babelfish is.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tierkreis means Zodiac in German.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:

It sounds sexy. Anyone have any idea what it could be? Side game? Main game?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've speculated on it at Due Fiumi. I'd wager side-game.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:

Thanks, I would hate to have to try and get by with only Babelfish as a possible translator. I can see the "animal circle" aspect of zodiac, though "Suikoden Zodiac" sounds like a pretty interesting concept.

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Anyone have any idea what it could be? Side game? Main game?

If I had to guess, I would think it would be similar to Tactics in that it connects with the main series, but it wouldn't take the place of a possible "Suikoden VI."

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Siloconera has an article up

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/08/06/is-this-the-name-of-a-new-suikoden -game/

Interesting to note that it's already rated by ESRB. Doesn't that mean the game should already be finished??
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Certainly is quite good news. It's unfortunate that it's probably not a new main series game-- but a side game is better than nothing, and it could even whip up interest in production of Suikoden VI. It's probably going to be a side game related to Suikoden V-- however I think the best idea would be surrounding the events prior to Suikoden III.

edit: Wait, wait. Already rated by the ESRB? Has Konami been keeping this an incredibly well guarded secret for the past two years, or so? I think the article was referring to the rerelease of Suikoden on the PS Store, though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: