Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After a few days, the artwork is starting to grow on me. Maybe I'll buy a DS...

Maybe the game will take place on one of the "myriad worlds" (which includes places like the "World of Wings and Scales" and the "World of Emptiness"). Maybe there's a "World of Salsa."
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are we even sure that humans can exist and thrive in those worlds?

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
After a few days, the artwork is starting to grow on me. Maybe I'll buy a DS...

You should buy a DS. Where else will we get a spoiler free review of the game before anyone else? It must be done.

If Salsaville isn't somewhere near Falena, my money is on it either being in the Nameless Lands or up north, stuck in randomly between existing nations or on a different landmass altogether. Giving myself a lot of room for error there, but that's how I like to function.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, obviously that's the only possibility cause it's not like there are deserts in Toran, Dunan or anywhere else in the world.

We do know that neither of those places have a kingdom surrounding it called "Salsaville."

There's nowhere in the world that has a kingdom called "Salsaville"? Bold statement.

Especially when you consider that you don't even know when in the timeline it takes place does it become even bolder.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Are we even sure that humans can exist and thrive in those worlds?

Yes I am! A bunch of people got teleported into the "World of Wings and Scales" during suikogaiden Vol.2, but they were able to exist there without much of any problems. The "World of Emptiness," however, will turn humans into fish-people. We know nothing about the other worlds!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fish people? Fun stuff.

17346 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
If Salsaville isn't somewhere near Falena, my money is on it either being in the Nameless Lands or up north, stuck in randomly between existing nations or on a different landmass altogether. Giving myself a lot of room for error there, but that's how I like to function.

If Salsaville was centred in the Outlands, the vegetation, geographical features, and climate would be far different than those depicted in Suikoden Tierkreis.

In other words, the Outlands would have spruce trees, boreal forests, tundras, indigenous peoples and culture similar to the Northern Athapaskan/Dene, Inuit, Sami, or northern Turkic/Altaic peoples found in the arctic, and a Polar Bear or Penguin humaniod race.

My theory is based on the fact that Northern portions of Zexen and Grasslands, along with Kamaro Knightdom have vegetation similar to a northern temperate or southern boreal forest. For example, notice the spruce or pine trees in Budehuc Castle or Mt. Heitou.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww: Do try not to get so worked up over a speculation. He's using existing information to try and draw conclusions from. Of course there are other deserts within the Suikoden world--but either we don't know that they exist because they are not canon, or we know enough about them that existing information on Tierkries makes it unlikely for them to take place in those locations.

Obviously at this juncture its hard to say much of anything but there's no harm in speculation.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just ran across this upcoming game on a Japanese site, So it takes place on the same continet(sp?) as Falena? I'm really not trying to buy a DS for one game, according on how good it's going to turn out, I might get one, But nothing on DS has got my iunterest and I'm not trying to waste my money for one game, The artwork looks pretty great.

Last edited by Zahak on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

waist your money? Really? C'mon... its not even a There/Their mix up.

A any road, the DS has a lot of fun games on it regardless of your favorite genre. Its got a lot of RPGs and fun little games like Cooking Mama, Animal Crossing and Brain Age. Its a fun system.

Until we know more about the game, our speculations will have no solid ground to be based upon. We can guess where it is placed, but we just don't know. We can try and use logic like "Its not the Outlands because it doesn't show any pine trees and North Zexen had them" but that's not very valid because there were plenty of Pine Trees in Greenhill but north of that is Caleria where they're in a quasi-desert looking settlement. So, really we have no clue what any of these places we speculate look like. Salsaville could be in Katana for all we know, or in Nagarea or some totally ne place we've never heard of yet. Let's not jump to conclusions and argue what's what when nobody knows a single thing for sure.

Like Vex said before, when initial scans of SV came out, it looked like the Queen was a villain and we speculated all sorts of weird stuff about Killey, Lorelai and anything else that we could. 90% of our speculating was way off base and wasted our time. Let's not go overboard on this one too.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first time I playd Suikoden II I spent 50 hours. I played the mini games over and over, got all 108 stars without a guide, sharpened tons of weapons, leveled tons of characters. That's how I play Suikoden games so even IV took me 50 hours to complete the first time.

On topic of the ds, the ds and psp are all I play now. I turned my 360 on today for the first time in 2 months.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just realized...Salsaville. Salsaville. Salsa. Ville. Salsaville. Man, oh man. I really hope they translate this as Sarusaviir or something. There are three main reasons:

1 - "Salsa" is the name of a spicy tomato-based dip for tostito chips.
2 - "Ville" is a suffix used for town names.
3 - When you combine the two together you get Salsaville.

I feel bad bitching about the artwork, but it looks bland. The characters look like standard anime/RPG supporting characters, and they all have the same damn facial features. I guess my hopes are too high for a DS game? I'm just hoping this means a Suikoden 6 is in development.

I'm still Suikoden's bitch though, as much as I complain. If this game gets an American release I'll be buying a DS. I used to be a fervent minion of several different nerdy fandoms but my favorite tabletop RPGs are discontinued, Star Wars has betrayed me, and the X-Men comics turned to shit well over a decade ago. Suikoden is all I have dammit.

How much is a DS? And are there different kinds? I remember there being so many different Gameboys that I never knew which one to get, for fear I wouldn't be able to play certain games, so I didn't get one.

Quote:

Maybe there's a "World of Salsa."

I would prefer a World of Gaucamole and Sour Cream.

^Actual quote!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

DSes are around $80 right now I think.

And I'm more for Vex's translation of "Sarcabil." Or fuck, SARSville.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not mind Salsa being in the name of a Kingdom, I'll eat Salsa in real life whenever I visit.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
DSes are around $80 right now I think.

They retail most places for around $130 according to about a dozen or so websites, but a used system may go for $80.

Quote:
And are there different kinds? I remember there being so many different Gameboys that I never knew which one to get, for fear I wouldn't be able to play certain games, so I didn't get one.

So far, there's the DS and DS Lite, but they're the same thing. Lite is just a smaller, marginally improved version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 17 of 24

Jump to: