Suikoden United and Informational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shaolin_swordsman wrote:
Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
The villain has to be pretty "bad ass" to kill 104 stars...

Which means, they haven't been killed but rather wounded and scattered?
Nowhere does it say they have been killed.

it sounds like they have been killed although the dog in one of the scans looks wounded but not killed, he/she may be one of the original stars epsecially since there has been a star already that was a dog (koroku)

maybe they can make other suikoden spinoffs like suikoden tierkreis may be, for runes we know about but haven't really seen it for ourselves like the beast rune and sovereign rune.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1217548_1407.html

More detailed imagery here.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Finfreeze

177377 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
I don't see how anyone worth deposing would just let 104 prominent fighters and generals go.

...You do mean 104 combined total bath makers, minigame operators, little girls, chefs, window makers, phonologists, token stereotypical demihumans, and assorted crazies, right? Maybe if they're lucky there's occasional competent warrior or two in the mix somewhere. And if we're really lucky, said warrior won't perform a heroic sacrifice before the curtain falls.

And let's not forget that they usually have an army under their command, which presumably will also get slaughtered as well. So I wouldn't see it being too far out of the question for some amount of the other stars to have escaped, been captured, or otherwise not rendered dead. Just that the others don't necessarily know it yet, since they got lost in the confusion.

'Course, this pic does look pretty bloody and corpse-piley.

(Although in a world chock full of magic and children that can outfight battle-hardened warriors with their BARE HANDS, I would understandably be cautious of anybody and everybody...)

hotspot wrote:
dog

That's a kobold. The Dippy Dawg to a certain rat's ordinary mutt, if you will...although both kobolds and regular dogs live in doghouses.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As I read through this thread, I think I came to the conclusion that this is actually a spinoff of a Suikoden title and not a full-fledged game. I can't really picture a Suikoden title on the DS that would involve a HQ where you recruit 108 characters. I think a party of maybe 30-40 people who follow the hero around (much like Rhapsodia) makes more sense. How many games on the DS require more than 30 hours of gameplay like the Suikoden series requires? I think the story is purposely different from the old tried and true formula because the main story they'll be trying to tell is much more straightforward.

But then again, barely anything of the plot has been revealed at this point, so it's of course impossible to say for sure.

However, just based on the fact that it is called "Suikoden Tierkreis" rather than "Suikoden VI" leads me to believe that it is a one-time dilly-yo and that "Suikoden VI" will be a future title for a normal console (be it the Wii, PS3, or 360, whatever). After all, "Rhapsodia" was revealed before "Suikoden V" came out, and at the time we were wondering if the developers were running out of ideas for another Suikoden title. Thankfully, "Suikoden V" saved the franchise from falling into oblivion (not that "4" or "Tactics" were BAD, but they certainly weren't what we would consider to be progress over the first three games either).

So for now, I'm just stoked that the series will continue, since it's already been 3 years since "Suikoden V" was released. :shock: Hopefully it won't come out for a while though since I'll need to gather the funds necessary to invest in a DS. After getting both a 360 and PS3 this year, I've definitely invested more in video games than I have in any previous year of my life. There's no way I can justify purchasing another system this year to myself!

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has been 2 years since V and this is obviously not VI.
Denny

1578 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1217548_1407.html

Don`t the 4th and the 5th image look like the same location? Seems like some ritual place. The 5th image it looks like the 4 characters fight a rune or something ..no matter how you edit the contrast you can`t make anything out of this other than it looks like a bird or something.
On the official site the background (same as pic 4) has..something green glowing on the ground.. makes me believe the 2 picture are the same location.. with perhaps 1000 years difference.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this a Sindar Ruin?

The 108 got SLAUGHTERED :o

The hero looks awesome in this pic, as has been said before. The blood on his face shows he's in some awesome battle. On top of this, he looks more mature and older in this image. Maybe it's because of the transition from character art to animation?

There is no proof that this game will feature a true rune since the Suikoden side games are more about fleshing out the world than the True Runes, unlike the main series. However, this image is just curious.

Okay, we see an awesome looking unite attack, but where the hell are they? The top screen shows they're in a desert place but it doesn't look like that based on the battle screen at all.

What's with these numbers at the top left corner of the top screen? Is this going to be akin to Shin Megami Tensei moon cycles? Does it affect gameplay or is it like Etrian Odyssey where you can see what turn number you're on?

As for setting, I'm convinced that this takes place in New Armes. I just have a hunch.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
How many games on the DS require more than 30 hours of gameplay like the Suikoden series requires?

Suikoden? Over 30 hours? Are you smoking illegal substances?

Quote:
The 108 got SLAUGHTERED Surprised

What kind of magic let's you see that they are stars and not regular army participants?

Quote:
On top of this, he looks more mature and older in this image. Maybe it's because of the transition from character art to animation?

Maybe it's not even him? Maybe it's his father, cousin, brother, long-lost evil twin that looks slightly different contrary to all genetic research ever done? Maybe it's the guy that looks remarkably similair to the main character but is totally unrelated?
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Quote:
How many games on the DS require more than 30 hours of gameplay like the Suikoden series requires?

Suikoden? Over 30 hours? Are you smoking illegal substances?

Have we been playing the same Suikoden games? The only Suikoden games I can remember that are shorter than 30 hours are Suikoden 1 and 2.

And Etrian Odyssey is one ds game that's long I can think of. Pokemon too.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The symbol on the floor of the ruined temple shown in these images looks quite a bit like the circle rune. But then again, any circle within a circle might look like the circle rune.

Although, the fact that there's a lot of sand going around in that one picture made me think the game could be set in Nagarea. I thought someone said that the next Suikoden game was going to be set near Falena? I can't remember. Who knows. I'm done speculating.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Based on how initial info published about Suikoden V totally fooled everyone as Konami intentionally made things look different from the actual reality in the game (such as making it seem like the Queen is an evil villain, etc), I'd assume the info we see right now is geared towards throwing us off.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Have we been playing the same Suikoden games?

The only games that could possibly take you more than 30 hours to complete unless you completely suck at gaming would be Suikoden III, due to the fact that it's designed to make you play through the same events at least twice, and Suikoden V.

Suikoden I, II and IV are all short and the only way you'll take more than 30 hours to complete is if you're farming some rare item.

3 out of 5 games in the main series are below 30 h in story, meaning the majority.

For the Suikogaidens, neither takes over 30 h if you are actually capable of reading them. If you have to sit with a dictionary it's obviously going to take much longer, a few years longer.

Can't really get a handle on Tactics because it's so unrememberable.

So yeah, have we been playing the same games?
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
The new konami website and Miura's blog doesn't really show much new info. I'll have to wait until Dengeki publishes some news because they tend to have a bias towards reporting suikoden-related stuff. Famitsu tends to fill their articles with fluff and they've been known to fabricate stuff based on their own speculation... so at this point anything goes-- including the possibility that this game will take place in a completely different world!

Thanks, Vextor. I'm looking forward to that.

I find that it's too early to be speculating, so I will bite my tongue for now. However, I do have to say that I do not for one second believe that they would just leave behind all the stuffs that they have imposed upon us to wonder about and make an alternate reality of the Suikoden world. Come on! Explain Jeane/Eresh and their possible relationship to Raura before going about that at the very least!!!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Himuro wrote:
Have we been playing the same Suikoden games?

The only games that could possibly take you more than 30 hours to complete unless you completely suck at gaming would be Suikoden III, due to the fact that it's designed to make you play through the same events at least twice, and Suikoden V.

Suikoden I, II and IV are all short and the only way you'll take more than 30 hours to complete is if you're farming some rare item.

3 out of 5 games in the main series are below 30 h in story, meaning the majority.

For the Suikogaidens, neither takes over 30 h if you are actually capable of reading them. If you have to sit with a dictionary it's obviously going to take much longer, a few years longer.

Can't really get a handle on Tactics because it's so unrememberable.

So yeah, have we been playing the same games?

Are you getting all 108 stars or no? And speed runs don't count. Some of us like to actually ENJOY the game rather than beat it as quickly as possible.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Raww--Suikoden's I, II, and IV are pretty short games in a typical playthrough. I'd say 20-30 hours whether you're trying to get all the stars or not. Some people take longer or less time than others, but the bottom line is those three games are significantly shorter than SIII, SV, or any of your standard run of the mill RPGs, really.

The DS has had longer games on it as well as far as I know, so the fact that it is on the DS doesn't indicate much of anything as far as whether or not this is a sidestory to an existing game. I think someone here was trying to make the case that it was.

Personally I remain unconvinced one way or the other as far as whether or not this is a sidestory or a stand alone game within the series. The fact that there is no roman numeral "VI" in the title means nothing, in my opinion.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 15 of 24

Jump to: