Suikoden United and Infamous Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaolin_swordsman

47140 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nowhere does it say that the stars are killed, just defeated.
The goal of the game seems to be to reassemble the now defeated stars into a fighting force once again.
They've stated 'there will be much more than just 4 party members to use' which to me hints at a decent sized fighting force but not a full 108 stars of destiny, just like Tactics.
I'll also be shocked if we get a HQ in this.
Great news all the same, best handheld console by a mile. I'd have been gutted if I had to invest in a psp as the only other game that remotley tickles ma fancy is Crisis Core.
Bring on some more info on this though, I look forward to a slow and steady leak of tidbits haha.
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lucent wrote:

1: I'm pretty sure that's the Circle Rune in the logo.

There already is a design for the Circle Rune. Remember the cover of Suikoden III it had some fancy ornaments and in one there was the True Fire Rune? And there is a cover of the Logo with Luc & Co. (from the booklet) and it has a diffrent rune in the ornament where the True Fire Rune was. That same picture is shown as the logo for Harmonia in the army battles.
I thought people already knew this/would have known thats the Circle Rune since its pretty obvious.

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

VikiFanatic wrote:
I came back to SuikoX upon hearing of Tierkreis~ I'm liking what i see here and what i have read. The art style reminds of Eureka 7 which doesn't stem far from the alternate fantasy reality universe that Suikoden has established. I find it quite promising and has made me consider getting a DS. I do hope a translation comes soon!

Yeah, that's where I recognized the style from! I liked Eureka 7's art and character design, but I don't think it fits in very well with a series that has always focused on more mature themes and politics. Then again, the older characters we've seen have looked a bit better, and even V's younger characters had a somewhat cartoony look to them. I'm actually pretty okay with the outfits though.

I also hope that this remains as a single player game. I would prefer not to have any gimmicky wi-fi or online elements. Suikoden has always been about plot and character recruitment, neither of which would work well in a multiplayer setting. I was just as disappointed with Metal Gear Online (which I don't find to be nearly as enjoyable as the single player gameplay).

The name Salsaville is awkward, but it could be more meaningful later on. I do kind of hope they translate it into something else though (Even Sarsaville would be more acceptable). Just the association with salsa is strange.

Finally, how much earlier was Suikoden Tactics announced before Suikoden V? I thought I remember it being only a few months, but I could be wrong. Perhaps this truly is a spinoff title, and Suikoden V for a console (possibly Wii?) will be announced at (or right before) TGS.

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

God bless Konami.

After S-E screwed me by putting Birth by sleep on the PSP, they turn around and give me a brand new Suikoden for my DS...With chibi stars! Midget polygon fighters, love it.

I'm kind of surprised they're going to revert to a basic MP system but the four fighter limit doesn't bother me too much, it seems like one of the hazards of trying to shove a big RPG on the DS, have to cut back a little.

Overall, I'm happy to see we're getting another RPG installment, I had figured it was going to be something a lil more similar to tactics or some weird card game.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
long post about translation and transliteration

Thanks for clearing that up, sounds like pretty good grounds for calling it Salsaville for now. Probably the name doesn't sound as funny to the Japanese as us, and as mentioned, Konami USA might change it in their translation.

Dr. Chaos wrote:

I'm kind of surprised they're going to revert to a basic MP system but the four fighter limit doesn't bother me too much, it seems like one of the hazards of trying to shove a big RPG on the DS, have to cut back a little.

Revenant Wings had 15 player characters on screen at once, and the same number of enemy characters, or even more, and it's in real time on 3D backgrounds (though with sprite characters). The reason to put in only four in Tierkreis must be a design decision, not a technology limit.

Last edited by Sami on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Chaos

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Revenant Wings had 25 player characters on screen at once, and the same number of enemy characters, or even more. The reason to put in only four in Tierkreis must be a design decision, not a technology limit.

Two very different looking titles to me.

That really all depends on just how much this game asks from the hardware in that department, how heavy was that battle system? Revenant Wings doesn't look too flashy, from what I've seen, the game seems very slow.

Last edited by Dr. Chaos on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The DS does not handle 3D very well compared to the PSP. I kind've wish the whole game was sprite-based. FFTA2 looks very pretty for that.

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dr. Chaos wrote:
Two very different looking titles to me.

That really all depends on just how much this game asks from the hardware in that department, how heavy was that battle system? Revenant Wings doesn't look too flashy, from what I've seen, the game seems very slow.

Of course they're different looking, but I don't think the game is very light. There are some gorgeous 3D locations in Revenant Wings, and at the same time you've got high-quality music playing. Then all the characters have their own time meters and some have automatic commands, and the same for the enemies. Also, the game gets very hectic especially at later stages, with huge skirmishes of almost all the units battling onscreen at once. Point is, Konami could easily have made Tierkreis support 6 characters in battle (though there may still be supports). They may have decided otherwise to not get the screen too crowded, or to make touch screen commands easier to issue.
Dr. Chaos

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is interesting that they went with this style for a full blown portable RPG.

I imagine they could replicate the look of the first two games rather easily with the DS if they wanted to.

Not complaining though, looks nice enough so far.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had a feeling that they wanted to go back to the 2D days of old for a while now.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/tierkreis/index.html

The official site is now up. We currently have the Hero's entry translated.

EDIT: Oh, in other news, Tactics and S5 composer Norikazu Miura will be Music Director and composer for Tierkreis.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/tierkreis/index.html?ref=genso
http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/lovesound/entry/45.html

Miura is one of the main composers in Tierkreis.
KamaroKnight

17346 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Suikoden Tierkreis Website Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Too bad Konami of Japan doesn't have an English or "latinized" version of the Suikoden Tierkreis website so I can understand the plot more.

At least there are some details about the main character, and he/she is apparently a soldier from Sidro.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With this information we can deduce that the two characters shown in the images at famitsu are different, unless the game has a twist and the entire game is a flashback leading up to the Hero obtaining expensive looking armor like the man with the blood on his face has. I highly doubt a small remote village has the money to pay for both soldiers and armor that looks that good. Maybe he gets the armor later, kinda like how Freyjadour, Chris, and Lazlow change their clothes throughout their games.
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've read all the twelve pages in the thread and I've seen all sorts of speculations about Tierkreis main setting and timeline...

But have you considered the eventuality that this game might be a COMPLETE spin-off? I mean, set in a completely different universe, with no relation whatsoever with the usual timeline and known continents / territories...

That would pretty much kill Suikoden's continuity yes, but it's pretty obvious that they're trying to start anew with this one...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 12 of 24

Jump to: