Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, that statement is about the original getting released on PSN. Don't worry, it fooled me too. Suikoden Tierkreis is not yet rated.

Personally I'd prefer the Zexen-Tinto events post III, just cause it would be post III events. The Suikoden timeline has been standing still for a good long while now, might be time to move things along... Or possibly, like always, a game concerning the Succession War. I've been saying that for more than 10 years now... And something tells me I'm still gonna in another 10 cause it seems they don't wanna make a Succession War game. But I'm still hoping for it. Would tie in nicely with the re-release, I'm just saying.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never read the whole of Shui Hui Zhan but I recall hearing something about there being some sort of Zodiac warriors opposed to the 108 stars in the original novel during some "can there be more than one set of Sods" discussion years ago.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, Siliconera's entry is pretty confusingly written. Hope it's not confusing people too bad.

Honestly, I don't remember anything regarding "zodiac warriors" as opposed to "stars of destiny" in the Shui Hu Zhuan. Although Vex would know more than me on that subject.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Tierkreis means Zodiac in German.

Makes sense. Literally it would translate as 'animal circle'.

EDIT: Wait. I see someone mentioned that already. :oops:

Anyway, that's good news! I'm happy to see they haven't written off the Suikoden series just yet. I'm still a bit cautious. For all we know it might just be a spinoff like Card Stories. If you ask me, the name kind of hints in that direction. I mean, if it's an actual next installment in the series, why would they call it Tierkreis instead of just Suikoden VI? Only time will tell.
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Despite the fact that it doesn't necessarily mean they will go ahead with a game after trademarking the name, I can't help but feel excited.

Even if it does turn out to be just a spinoff, it would be the continuity of the series and it's first step into Next Gen-dom.

Please let it be true x.x
Sealot

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The rating is for Suikoden 1 re-release I think, not for this "Zodiac" game.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great news. At least we know Suikoden isn't dead.

It's most likely going to be a side game, though a side game on what is the more interesting question...

Could they make a side game on a new, unexplored place? A side game would give us a brief introduction for the said place, then they could make the next main game S6 on that place/on a place connected to that place... could be interesting.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yea your fight a side game is better than nothing i will take anything based in the suikoden universe right now.

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zodiac can refer to many things. For one thing, the "Zodiac Sword."

There's also the poison "Zodiac Tower" used by the Howling Voice Guild, which also has a tendency to give their guns German names.

As for enemies of the 108 stars within Shui Hu Zhuan, one of the opposing forces within the story (one of the four major enemies after the 108 stars start fighting as an imperial force) has the 11 Celestial Commanders who are assigned the Sun, Moon, and other nearby celestial bodies, and the 28 generals of the celestial mansions. "Mansions" are the sky divided into 28 sections, just like how the western Zodiac divides the sky into 12 sections. Both of these are used in Chinese astrology.
Finfreeze

177377 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the absence of any real info, I'm just going to have to assume that this is either the long-awaited Devil May Cry/God of War/God Hand/Plantasia/TMNT IV: Turtles in Time/MULE/D&D: Shadow Over Mystara-style spinoff starring Yuber and inexplicably, Millie (Yulie fans, represent!). I hear you get to play as Bonaparte and perform some tactical stealth-based action. And you won't guess who's the mastermind behind all this!

Well, that or a roguelike starring Lorelai and Viki with Sindar ruins, an amusing script with lots of charm, lesbian undertones, official art by a guy who is best known for his ero manga, and a preorder campaign wherein you supposedly get a poster of the two of them lounging around in an onsen and drinking milk, except Fatnami screws up and never actually mails said posters EVER.

...sniff...

Oh, like all roguelikes, it will beat you up, take your hard-earned potch, and make you cry until you learn how every single thing in the game reacts under every possible circumstance (and then some!). And there will be permadeath. Portable permadeath where you keep your level but not any of your onhand gear or money, at least until the bonus dungeon. Then it's real permadeath from Furballs with Dark Summoning scrolls.

...Now I kinda want it.

Hopefully it's not another "Chrono Break" or stick patent. That would be "lame". And I'd like whatever it actually is to be good. No pressure.
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
There's also the poison "Zodiac Tower" used by the Howling Voice Guild, which also has a tendency to give their guns German names.
Is this only used in Suikogaiden? I've never heard of this.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this going to be another "Whoops, you mean I HAVEN'T mentioned this in the last 10 years?" thing like Katana, Vex? :|
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31647&highlight=zodiac+towe r
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bow my head in shame. Shaaaame.

I still say its more likely Night Rune related than Howling Voice Guild related because I'm stubborn.
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering you mentioned the Howling Voice Guild and all... Considering their proficiency with fire arms, I'm think this might be a third person shooter... Yup, our very own Dirge of Cerberus. Yay?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24

Jump to: