Suikoden United and Irenic Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A Tenkai with Cahones
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archpark wrote:
Yeah, I'm really feeling you on this.

He's a gruff loner that can't be bothered with frivelous matters, he's emotionally vacant, but buried deep, very deep on the inside is a black compassion, he also has a wicked 5 day growth of a beard and claws that jut out of his skin.

He also wears all black, because badasses can't be expected to be associated with colors.

Except "he" is secretly a female. I really am enjoying this idea I have now for some reason. That's probably a bad sign.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would love for a Tenkai that actually seems like a leader. In every Suikoden thus far, the hero never rallies the people, it's his supporting cast. McDohl may have lead the troops but only symbollically...Mathiu makes the decisions and its people like Lepant and Warren that rally the troops and inspire them. Same with Riou in Suikoden 2. And Thomas just supplied a castle in Suikoden 3 (though I still luvs the little hobbit to death). Lino and Eleanor were the true leaders in Suikoden 4, the hero never really made decisions or led the fleet...the guy was basically the team leader whenever a scouting party was formed. And poor Prince Freyjadour was just a figurehead for Lucretia and her psychic pretercognition powers.

^Actual quote!
Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to agree. The formula for determining this will be taking Lazlo and reversing everything about him.

First: he wears pants. NOT shorts. Shorts tell everyone around you you don't even deserve the second half of the pants you bought.
Second: he doesn't have the Cousin Oliver haircut from the Brady Bunch.
Third: He is either a Viking or a Lumberjack. I will let Konami pick.
And fourth: His running animation will not be just a light jog at Ludicrous Speed (although that was funny).

And yes, he would actually lead the army, instead of being a sock puppet with Shu's hand up your hindquarter.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a good idea. Better yet, have the strategist give an order the leader thinks could be better, and have it go from there. That way, it's not "lol we did things differently, arent u gaiz proud of us?" but instead an actual character conflict.

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An actual army schism would be interesting, I think. They pulled a fake one with Ridley in Suikoden II, and that's one of the things that really irritated me about that game. It was twofold, really.

One, armies like that communicated through horn signals and flag codes and stuff like that. Coordinating a fake defection while avoiding any leaks to spies and anyone thinking it was real and having your troops turn on each other? Damn near impossible.

Two, you're the leader of the army and they didn't bother to tell you. Just didn't feel like it. If there was any doubt who the leader of the Dunan Unification Army was, it should have been dispelled at that point, but if it lingered around, you could wait until later in the game and let Shu slap you in the mouth.
boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: hmmm...how bout choices of Tenkai Stars Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Always loved Suikoden, no matter what (tho I played only the first, second, and fifth)...n yet to see S6 where we could choose from more than two candidate Tenkai Stars....that would lead to more multiple endings with more twists and twigs, especially with the love affairs leading to more choices of happy and ugly endings he he he :mrgreen:
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: A Tenkai with Cahones Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I defy you to name a tenkai who didn't have "Cahones". TIr stood up to and beat his own father. Riou laid a whoopin on Luca Blight. Thomas stood up to his father and fought a completely unwinnable fight, and won. Lazlo was shipwrecked like 4 times and still kept finding ways to make a comeback and the Good Prince of Falena well, I don't even feel I need to make an argument for him.

If what you want is some brute hero, then I completely disagree it goes against everything suikoden is. You got a taste of it with Chris in S3 but even then we all knew Hugo was meant to be the hero and felt more right. I like the young, angsty hero usually with a weapon that isn't a sword who overcomes great odds to do something great.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i agree with UberPendragon. each of the tenkai stars has "cahones". just because the tenkai isn't like Victor doesn't mean he doesn't have tough things to deal with. also i don't see the problem with leaving the decision making job with the tenki star (star of wisdom). its their job to be strategist and even the most powerful leader needs a good strategist or else he is just sunk

also in III, i never really did like Chris as a character so i never really saw her as the bearer of True Fire. she just didn't seem like Sung Chiang in the books. she just doesn't fit the standard as the leader of the stars of destiny. even Geddoe is a better fit and even that is a bit of a stretch
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not about cajones, it's all about the eyes. As long as the Tenkai has eyes that want people to follow him, nothing else matters.

Oh, and don't speak either. Just lead by example.

And eyes.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Djungelurban":q596px34]why not give the Tenkai people he loves and depend on... And then have them killed in a quite horrific way... That would be a very potent and personal driving force...

Because that's only one of the most cliched story devices around.... Oh, and that happened in S3 and S5 already.

For those that don't understand the Tir-Kasumi relationship, it's quite simple. Tir MAY have feelings for Kasumi, but there's no way he can follow through with them. He is the bearer of a True Rune, and on top of that, his rune steals the souls of those closest to him. Add to the fact that she has blossomed into womanhood by the events of S2 and Tir hasn't changed from him prepubescent ways, and you can see why love is difficult when it comes to the Tenkai star (unless the Tenkai star doesn't bear a True Rune).

I would say love is prevalent throughout Suikoden. You can see the impact it has on a number of characters, and it is a huge motivator for why they choose to fight. Flik and Odessa, Viktor and Daisy, Chris and Wyatt, Freed and Yoshino, Hix and Tengaar, Riou and Nanami, Frey and Lym, Frey and Lyon, Futch and Black, Barbarosa and Windy, etc etc etc. It doesn't always have to be romantic love. Love between friends and family is just as important. In which case you can also reference Tir and Gremio, Thomas and Cecile, Riou and Jowy, and Lazlo and Snowe as cases in which love through friendship is central to their stories.

You could also say Jowy and Julia are in love, as are Luc and Sarah, however because of the personal ambitions of domination in the former's case and destruction in the latter's, neither is able to appreciate the love that could have been. But, I'm digressing a bit too far from the topic, and maybe it's better to save that for a possible editorial down the road.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A Tenkai with "balls"...
It could be the premis for a cool story, although I don't necessarily need a badass, because my favourite Tenkai has always been Thomas. He is far from being a badass, but he learns to stand tall for what he believes in. In this special case it supported the plot that Thomas wasn't much of a fighter, but for Suikoden 6 it might work if the Tenkai could seriously kick some ass, although it isn't mandatory to carry the attribute "dude with balls".

The Fool
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tenkai with Cahones would actually be wonderful (literally... since we've been having the male Tenkais all day long)
If they can actually fit in this type of Tenkai, I reckon there would actually be lots of mixed stories that Konami could fit in to expand on the gaming experience we gamers feel~
Something like Pirates of the Carribean savvy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: