Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A Tenkai with Cahones
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: A Tenkai with Cahones Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's cut the chaff. In our ideal Suikoden 6, what do we all want? Personally, I want to see a tenkai with some balls. He doesn't take crap, he leads a band of miscreant bandits against a corrupt governing power, why can't he stop being a meek boy and be a badass for a change?

Whats more, why can't he have a solid love interest with a clearly defined relationship? I'm tired of the implied feelings people share with the Tenkai that are left up to the vague interpretations of the gamer. Why not give the Tenkai someone to live for, to fight for and to step up for? It would add a never before portrayed depth to the character and motivation to overcome overwhelming odds.

What say you, SuikoX? Would you appreciate a tenkai who acts like a man? (assuming that he would be male)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yea i would like if they gave the hero more depth
there have been many times where i got the choice to choose what he says
and from the choices i said......i wouldnt say any of these id yell in there face
and you right as soon as i thought the hero was in to one girl the started flirting with another

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if Suikoden VI tells the story of the Flame Champion, you'll have your wish.
Buzzed_Jedi

6906 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree a badass would be sweet whether a Bandit, Pirate, Bounty hunter
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A love interest would be too annoying for me to bear through. I like your idea about the hero perhaps being a fully grown man or woman with strength though.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think we got alot of that in Suikoden III, w/ Hugo, Geddo, and Chris. The idea behind the Suikoden series and some of their main cliches' is to keep the hero silent and the love interests somewhat vauge.

i.e. if characters x, y, and z have expressed and interest in the hero then it's up to the player which one he wants to keep close and in his party. And there are alot of heated responses that the hero's can give. Another example of this would be the Hero in SV choosing to face the enemy forces mano a mano instead of fleeing. The drawback to this decision is that you loose a star of destiny but the option is still there to play the game through w/ whatever decision you choose.

I personally appreciate the vaugness of the Suikoden series; if we as a fan base were a little less centered on getting the perfect ending then we're free to play through the game giving the hero whatever sort of personality we want, and imply whatever sort of relationship we want from it as well.

I hate you Onimaru.
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't get why people keep whining about storyline's regarding love. Love is the most potent motivation for man in the world so why shouldn't it play into the Suikoden storylines. Sure, it doesn't have to go the teen soap and Disney route with people meeting and falling for each other and so on like in FFX (not that I have a problem with that), but why not give the Tenkai people he loves and depend on... And then have them killed in a quite horrific way... That would be a very potent and personal driving force...

Or one could just leave them be. Anyway, just give the hero an emotional relationship, it doesn't have to be a central point to the story and a cause for major drama. Just a little something to make the story more real.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a much stronger Tenkai, and I'm definitely up for a well defined love relationship going on. Suikoden I had a one sided one, in which Kasumi was obviously in love with the Tenkai, especially revealing in their scene in Suikoden II, but it was never really reciprocated. Suikoden V had the closest to a reciprocated love relationship, although you can argue that the Prince really didn't feel quite that way to Lyon, and/or that her feelings were just really strong feelings of wanting to protect the Prince. Either way, it never came right out and said that they were a couple. I certainly wouldn't mind one where there's no if, ands, or buts about there being a romantic relationship.

Also, having a Tenkai who actually looks like he could realistically be the leader of an army would be good too. Yeah, I guess you could make a case for the Prince, since he was royalty, but in a country led by females, it's a bit of a stretch to think he could rally the people to rise up against its legitimate, even if controlled, leader.

~Uguu!~
shaolin_swordsman

47140 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Love can work well. Point in case - Kessen 2
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's plenty of love in Suikdoen, such as love between family, friends, etc.

About the whole "balls" thing, I think in both Suikoden 1 and 2 the hero "grew balls" during the process of the game, just like any other man with "big cahones." Everyone's born with tiny bits, after all!
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hahah i like that "everyone is born with tiny bits"
that is hilarious man.

and in a way i agree with you they did grow some in the process of the game
and know that you pointed that out it seems that that is more realistic
to go from a confused and probably scared kid to a great military leader that
is a forced that you dont want to mess with.....thats probably more realistic.

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Sealot

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Hero in 4 was a badass. Storming against pirates with no fear, using the rune of punishments to wipe entire fleets and knowing that the rune will consume you. Cold bloodely murdering your old goofy friend who really didn't know what he was doing. Allying with feared pirates and lead by a drunk tactician.

And hell, he even looked like one, atleast compared to Suikoden 5 hero. If 5th Hero would have weared that Queen's Knight's uniform through the game, the score for Suikoden would have propably raised by 20% in every review.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm totally for this idea, in combination with the "Female Tenkai" idea.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Part of what I've always liked about Suikoden is the silent hero itself. It gives me more stuff to mess around with in my head while playing, sicne I can pretty much shape up the vague hero in any way possible.

I would like to see this in the future, though - as something completely new to the series. It makes it a lot more interesting to play without having to imagine stuff that much.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm really feeling you on this.

He's a gruff loner that can't be bothered with frivelous matters, he's emotionally vacant, but buried deep, very deep on the inside is a black compassion, he also has a wicked 5 day growth of a beard and claws that jut out of his skin.

He also wears all black, because badasses can't be expected to be associated with colors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: