Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

CHRONO TRIGGER DS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: CHRONO TRIGGER DS Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FUCK YES.

It in the new famitsu! Waiting for scans!!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We have a small scan here, if you want. Not much but whatever.

http://www.duefiumi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21940#p21940
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ctds/
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd rather a sequel than a port but this is still fuckin' awesome.

EDIT: The ticking of that clock is nostalgic but I keep expecting the title song to start playing. :P
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uklkllzrkl

sorry hit my keyboard in joy

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Iesu Grist. Annwfn Do. Bryna'r herwhela.

Sorry, broke down in Welsh there.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's too bad nobody makes games that rock as fucking hard as Chrono Trigger does anymore. I'm very glad to get a portable remake of the game.

Hopefully this will revive interest in Chrono Break? One can only hope!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I reaaaally hope they revise the graphics and add some bonus stuff, like they're doing with Final Fantasy IV. They did kill Chrono Revolution after all, so they owe us.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure I want the graphics redone, or at least not to crappy 3D DS quality. I'm not convinced FFIV DS looks that good.

EDIT:
Gamespot wrote:
Unlike the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest remakes, Chrono Trigger will not receive a graphical overhaul, though it will be reformatted to utilize the DS' dual-screen presentation and touch-screen functionality. The remake will also include a Wireless Play mode and an all-new dungeon.

and
http://na.square-enix.com/ctds/
Oppenheimer

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah crappity. They're not redoing the graphics.

I want it done because otherwise I don't really see the point in redoing it. I'll just play an older version. I really don't think I need a portable version of exactly the same game I already own.

There is one bonus dungeon though. So frusterating. I'll have to reserve my decision to buy it or not. I'd would have rather had a remake on the PS3 that had upgraded graphics ala Resident Evil Remake. That's how you remake a game.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I disagree, games with overhauls to graphics seem to have a different feel which loses the nostalgia of the original. Since Chrono Trigger is such a beloved classic any tweaking whatsoever is always taken with criticism. If this new dungeon doesn't have the same old feeling (like a few of the added dungeons in the Zelda Series remakes) it will probably be shunned by the hardcore fans. And really, thats who any remake is partially geared for. The other portion is for those who were too young or missed it first time around, and those people wouldn't know what the bonus features are in the first place since they've nothing to compare it to.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Oppenheimer

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, but if you wanted a game that's exactly the same to retain the nostalgia, why would you want a remake? Why not just play the other game again?

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't really consider this a remake. It's just a port of the old game to the DS with some added features. Somewhat like how the Play Station version of the game was just a straight port, but this one just has some added features on top of that.

Hopefully they're using this to stir up excitement for an all new Chrono game! *doubtfully reiterates*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll buy it just in case they're seeing how well it sells before deciding whether to make a new one or not. I hope it has the anime cutscenes though.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to rpgamer it's coming out in North America November 25th. Also:

Quote:
Chrono Trigger will feature brand new dungeons and an Arena mode to further enhance this game.

Don't know exactly what they mean by arena mode but sounds interesting. At least they're adding SOMETHING besides touch-screen functionality.

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: