Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Mega Man 9 (for the NES!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Mega Man 9 (for the NES!) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://kotaku.com/5019986/old-school-mega-man-9-coming-to-wiiware

Apparently, Capcom had the most brilliant idea in the recent history of video games and decided to make a brand new Mega Man game, and make it for the system which brought Mega Man to its glorious fame, the NES. Sorta. Its actually for Wiiware, however all graphics and everything in it will be in old school NES graphics and play just like the original series did. How awesome is that?

Who thinks this is an awesome idea? Anyone think this is lame and silly?

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i saw it.. good idea but i hope they develop some story that better links it to the X series. the mega man storyline has taken a lot of abuse from each game.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I want the exact opposite. I want it as far away from those other series as possible and I want it to have the same cliche story every other Mega Man game has had. Wily makes robots, Mega Man has to beat them with their own weapons systematically then goes on a goose hunt in some elaborately made skull shaped castle only to defeat Wily and have him beg for forgiveness and flee. Rinse repeat.

Remember, this is Mega Man, not Suikoden, Final Fantasy or anything. The point of these games when they were all originally made was good ol' fashioned fun without the frill of some elaborate story. The game lost a lot of its value to a large group of its fans when they started making elaborate scenes with story. If I remember correctly, you had to sit through like 10 minutes of dialogue in Mega Man X (while most people were mashing the A and B buttons not even reading because they didn't care trying to skip through it all as fast as possible) before you even got to the robot master selection screen. Total buzz kill. Mega Man was always about the action, not the talking. If it goes back to the old way, I'll be a very happy camper.

Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Red. I never really liked the X series of Mega man, but I love the old NES ones. I'm looking forward to this.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Splash Woman? That's something to see! Will Mega Man grow breasts when he gets her power?

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. I got this game and um wow. It's really freaking hard. Like you've got no idea. I couldn't get to a single boss. I'm pretty damned good at the originals too. They ramped up the difficulty by placing enemies just about everywhere there's a semi-dangerous jump and included many frustrating gimmicks like magnet jumps, transporting jumps, magma shooters that kill you instantly, retarded scissor missiles and elephants that suck you into them and into deadly pits. It's preposterous to think this game is made for children anymore. Grown adults will have a frustratingly hard time.

Me likey.

fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe kids are just better at games like this than people our age? It's bound to happen sooner or later :P

I loved MegaMan 3, though never played any other mega man games since. I'll probably pick this up though, sounds like fun!

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I actually owned any Nintendo gear anymore, I'd be all over this one... unfortunately, in my old age, I've become more of an XBox guy.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would have played this by now but i only have a PS2. i read there are some insane achievements you can get awarded for within the game--- never get hit, beat EVERY boss in like 5 seconds, etc. wtf? yeah and i also read how hard it is. you have to do a lot of memorizing to start getting those crazy achievements!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: