Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Football (Soccer) 2008/2009 Season
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Football (Soccer) 2008/2009 Season Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The 08/09 Fixtures for the English Premier League were released today so why not get the thread rolling for the upcoming season!

Have a look HERE for the opening fixtures.

( We are not allowed to post Fixtures as we do not have a licence! :P)

My Predictions for the 08/09 Season:
Champions: Chelsea
Champion's League: Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool
FA Cup: Manchester United
League Cup: Chelsea
UEFA Cup and/or Intertoto: Everton, Tottenham
Relegation: Fulham, Hull City, Stoke City

As soon as the Fantasy Premier League is ready to go i will post up the details here.
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How long does it usually take until the Fantasy Premier League is ready after the Fixtures are released? Not that I'm impatient ... ;-)
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would imagine it will be sometime near the end of July or early August.

I will probably end up missing the start of the season as i will be away on holidays!
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

League: Suikox League: 65-30

I know it is early but what the hell! You will have unlimited transfers up until the deadline of GameWeek One.

Let me know if there are any problems joining the League. All you have to do is re-confirm your registration.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll withhold on making predictions at this point in time - anything could happen before the start of the season. Who knows who goes where.

I'll just say for now that this is the year that my prediction of Fulham dropping will come true. Not even Mr. Schwarzer can stop that.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No problem. But did you get you Fantasy Team in early? No harm as there is unlimited transfers before the first gameweek.

I will miss the first few weeks of the season so I will have my team ready to go! Hopefully!
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haven't done that yet, but I suppose I'll probably get my account up within the next week or so. Hopefully.

And another short prediction: Let me just say that it might be more than a 2-horse race this year if Liverpool actually get Barry and Keane, and if Arsenal sign someone really, really good.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it should be an interesting year!

Manchester United seem to be at a stand still in the Transfer Market and looks like they will need a no.2 with Carlos set for Portugal. As for Ronaldo......

Chelsea with Big Phil (oops...he hates being called that!) look like they will be a more entertaining side! He is looking to off load about 10 or so players though.

Arsenal seem to be having trouble holding onto players but at least Sami FINALLY signed! They still need a few players though!

Liverpool have been the most active and if they get all the players that they are looking for they will be pretty strong this year.
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I joined the Suikox League. I wouldn't mind if Liverpool was the strongest team this year ^__^.

Btw: is it safe that Ronaldo leaves England?
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not know. I have not picked him either! His price is inflated even in the Fantasy League! :*laugh*:
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I've seen it and of course I picked him, I'm sure he's worth every penny or cent. ;-)
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if Ronaldo stays I might rearrange my team.....but that is the problem, I might not be able to as I am away from next Friday until September 2nd! :P

I suspect I will be well behind by the time the first few games are played and I get back.
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldy wrote:

I suspect I will be well behind by the time the first few games are played and I get back.

I highly doubt it. ;)
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahaha....you never know! I will have a look at my team just before I go.....but then there is a whole month of possible transfers that could mess it up along with bad performances!

Of course, I will check in from time to time when I get the chance. ;)
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's finally a good time to make predictions!

Premier League: Manchester United. I mean, yeah, things were looking soooo good for Chelsea... until Ronaldo stayed.
Champion's League: Real Madrid. Real Madrid is essentially the Netherlands National Team + Spanish National Team + couple players. That's a good formula.

Premier League:
Champion - Manchester United (see above)
Champion's League - Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal
UEFA Cup/Intertoto - Portsmouth, Tottenham
Relegation - Stoke City, Hull City, Bolton
League Cup: Portsmouth
FA Cup: Arsenal

Oh, and I finally joined the Fantasy thing again. Go me!

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: