Suikoden Unique and Illusional Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

inconsistant pages

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: inconsistant pages Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tyed to get here but missplaced the url, thus i got that page that says "i got here wrong/there is no page here".

so I decided to go read the FAQ, which is now outdated. when I was done I clicked on the side pannle to go to the forum, and it brought me to the EZ board SARS had.

there could be more errors like this where the dissussion forum link brings us to that board.

so I think this should be fixed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's an intentional thing. I like to keep the web-design for this site very chaotic, to the point that even I don't have an idea where all the information is kept. I strive for the amateur approach. I would rather die than make this site look "professional."
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to be bossy but isn't there a nice balance between 'amateur-fresh' and 'professional sheen' that doesn't involve broken links and outdated information?

The look of the site is amatuerish in its approach and it works well but there's "Nice, open, not feeling too big for its boots" Amateur and "Help, the site is crumbling around me!" Amateur
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really strive for any balance, but I consider this site to be a place where I can write new stuff, and add details as I see fit. When I constrain myself with bunch of other conventions, I'll probably just lose my momentum.

Previously when I was running Suikosource, I ended up becoming too constrained with various conventions I helped create, which ended up with new content taking months before it can be uploaded onto the site for public view. That got a little excessive, and thus I started this site. Here I can write whatever I please without concern, and so far it seems to work well.

I think I fix broken links pretty well though. However, because there are literally hundreds of pages here, with each of them having dozens of links, it gets difficult to keep track. Some pages I have not even visited for more than an year. I still check error logs though, and most cases of broken links can be caught with that.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
It's an intentional thing. I like to keep the web-design for this site very chaotic, to the point that even I don't have an idea where all the information is kept. I strive for the amateur approach. I would rather die than make this site look "professional."

wow *cough cough* thats a blow, a blow like how you feel disheartned when your friend says "you is suxs i don't lyke u ne-more"

I mean, wow. you should hope no one is going to go out to mock you. I know you a bit enough to see you like being silly, but this, this is just well, horrble in my eyes.

sure running Suikosource may of done it, so I guess I can't blame you. I'm neurotic to the poin where I have jerks who won't help me reminding me that "the script for the dropdown-menu on an image is beyond your compremension" (trust me it exits. its java, I need a menue on a button, or at least I think its a button)

I'd be the worse person to try and orginze things.
but having every page differnt? you'll upset the CSS gods (somting I don't get, and there needs to be a whole book on cascading style sheets?)

still, ok so somtimes I go to the forum, and i get the TOS page, somtimes I dont.

I can't get to this form by suikox.com/forum/ I get the page with that guy.

I like you to the extent that I don't really want to come out and attack. but somthing like this just makes me slap my face.

*sighs* well It can't be helped, its what you want.
but who wants that image?
also It says not to report spelling errors *thumbs up* yeh I saw a word, Nvib or somthing in the "FAQ". Now i can be happy I don't need to aganoize over spelling and grammar. I'll fit right in. Inconsistancy? chaos? sure. bring it to the form.

I'm born of it.

(PS the fAQ makes my head cry, I scroll forver and it gets tireing somtimes. even -i- would take the time to ask "whats the code again that links a spefific part of a page, so if i click on the link, it will scroll down 7 paragraphs to what".

Oh if you want amature. I can show you some bad sites. i'm not allowd to link here, but you know where to contact me *emotiocn*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you do see broken links though, let me know.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what if they are sprained? fracterd? ok I wll. did you check the ones that link to the EZ borard? on the FAQ section you link to the old forum. http://pub28.ezboard.com/bbluemoonsforums I take this isn't "broken" but one of the cute inconsistant thngs?

I think your quiz is broken, there is along string of errors. it looks like php coding, it blatthers on about phpbb2mysql_data.

ok for one you still link to suikocastle, the place is gone.

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Linking to the old forums is okay. It'd be good to leave some links to the old forum to emmulate that strange feeling of "wandering into the old section of town by accident when you made that wrong turn."

The Suikocastle link is a problem. Let me know where you saw it.
I removed the quiz because it was causing a lot of problems. It's written with javascript, which isn't exactly the best stuff to use on a webpage anymore.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NO more Java? oh what am I to do with my book then? anway the suikocastle link can be found on the side pannle on most f the sites, like FAQ, Geography and what not.

you can find one on the TOS page (pre forum, not on every forum link. so if i get here by that means without agreeing to the TOS, am I out of the woods? )

it can be found on the time line page as well.
suikonline on the timeline page brings you to suikonline.net, it should be org right?
there is another place where suikonline I think is still labled ".net"

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The link was made when suikonline was .net. Recently, it changed to .org though, because they lost their old domain to some cybersquatter (Alkazar should know more about this). It helps if you can tell me exact pages where these links exist, because there's hundreds of pages out there, and looking at all of them would be a very time consuming task for me.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found some linking errors in the timeline page (I left most of the S4 ones and other "already discovered to be missing" entries alone, but some of the existing entries either: 1) are broken links, 2) lead to other pages, or 3) lead to the page but not directly to the info itself. Also, because I'm anal, I listed a couple of non-link errors):

Under
Solar Year 260: Ema, Igor and Lino En Kuldes were born.
~The URL to Lino has a typo in it.

Under
Solar Year 265: Brec was born.
~Brec's link leads to the Char B list, not but directly to his info.

Under
Solar Year 290: Kooluk-Obel War
~ The RoP link leads to an error page.

Under
Solar Year 298: Gaien-Kooluk War
~Gaien and Kooluk are broken links.

Under
Solar Year 354: Wyatt Lightfellow was born.
~Not a link error, but I think that's supposed to be Solar Year 384.

Under
Solar Year 398: Jabba and Mace were born.
~Mace's link doesn't really lead to him, though his info is mostly at the top anyway.

Under
Solar Year 407: Flame Champion Starts Guerilla Warfare
~Flame Champ's link has no info.

Under
Solar Year 416: Gantetsu, Kessler, Moose, and Lepant were born.
~Gantetsu's URL is misspelled, but he's mostly at the top of the G list anyway.

Under
Solar Year 437: Jess, Shilo<.a>, Pico, Milia, Nicolas and Morgan were born.
~There's no linking error here, but the HTML is a little screwy.

Under
Solar Year 438: Feather and Yoshino were born.
~Yoshino's link doesn't go directly to her info.

Under
Solar Year 440: Harmonia invades Sanadia
~It mentions Hugo of S3 being born (and links to S3 Hugo), but I think you mean Hugo of S1.

Under
Solar Year 442: Kasumi, Quincey, Klaus Windamier, Kuromimi, Sheena, Tony, Augustine Nabor, and Marlowe Cody were born.
~The URL in Augustine's link is misspelled and doesn't directly lead to his info.

Under
Solar Year 443: Highland Royals Ambushed
~Agares' link doesn't lead directly to his info.
~The URL in Luca's link leads to the character P list.
~Apple's link doesn't lead directly to her info.

Under
Solar Year 444: Revenge of Prince Luca
~Jowy's URL takes the user to the character R list.

Under
Solar Year 446: The Succession War
~The link to Gremio leads only to the G list, not his info directly.

Under
Solar Year 447: Tinto attacks Toran
~Granmeyer's link doesn't directly go his info.
~North Window doesn't go directly into its info.
~Dana Region and Kalekka are linked to character lists.
~Jordie's (Jordi?) link doesn't have his info.
~Bazuba's (Bazba?) link doesn't go directly to his info.

Under
Solar Year 448: Kalekka Incident
~No linking error, but your html gets messy at the end.

Under
Solar Year 450: Gabocha, Gau, Samus, Percival Fraulein, Franz, Mike, Yumi, Rolan, and Tuta were born.
~Percival's link doesn't go directly to his info.
~Franz has no info.
~Rolan (which I'm guessing is Roland) only leads to the char R list and not to the info directly.

Under
Solar Year 0 454: Lilly Pendragon, Chris Lightfellow, Jacques, Muto, and Rhett were born.
~Okay, there's no linking error, but you might want to delete the 0.

Under
Solar Year 455: Rebel Leader Killed
~The link to Tir McDohl doesn't lead to his info.

Under
Solar Year 457: Gate Rune Wars Conclude
~The link to Tir McDohl doesn't lead to his info.

Under
Solar Year 458: Toran/Jowstone War
~Granmeyer's link doesn't lead straight to his info.
~Kathy is linked to the character C list.

Under
IS - 459: Caesar Silverberg was born.
~Just 'cause I'm anal, it should be Solar Year 459 for consistency.

Under
Solar Year 460: Dunan Unification War
~Granmeyer and North Window don't lead directly to their info.
~Riou leads to the char R list.
~There's an error in the URL to Greenhill.
~Agares' link doesn't lead directly to his info.
~There's an error in the URL to Tinto.

Under
Solar Year 461: Hugo (S3), Arthur, Fubar, Hortez VII, Mamie, Mel, Louis Keeferson, and Rody were born.
~Louis is a broken link.

Under
Solar Year 463: Arnie, Cecile, Belle, and Yun were born.
~Arnie's link doesn't lead to info (I'm guessing this is supposed to be Ernie).

Under
Solar Year 475: Second Fire Bringer War
~The link to Zexen doesn't lead directly to its info.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks a lot! I made the necessary changes. Entries that still don't exist can't be helped, but the holes should get plugged with time.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh? exact pages? exact links? I'll try. I just feel like I'm drownding in text.
Suikox has a lot of inards. would make a biology class quite happy to cut open and tinker with.
(i found its speen)

finding broken and miss-linking links is a larger responsiblity than raising a child.

http://suikox.com/faq/gamefaqs0403-0405.html this is the FAQ page, on the side it says suikonline is .net.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: