Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

SARS 2008 Fantasy NFL League - FULL -
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fuji wrote:
The Yahoo system should have the old version that didn't require flash ... maybe? I'm not sure though.

I've seen autodrafts totally wreck teams after the first 4-5 rounds. If you can't make it, make sure you pre-rank!

I've wrecked teams after the first round before, it can't do worse :P
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Especially with IDP, as Yahoo's defensive player pre-ranks are dismal. For example, I run a small 6-team league with some friends of mine and had to miss our draft, and I was too lazy to pre-rank. The defensive players I ended up with were Mike Vrabel (r9), Willie Andrews (r10), TJ Rushing (r11), Allen Rossum (r12), Bo Schobel (r13), Tony Gilbert (r14) and Adam Jones (r20).

If I ended up that bad in a tiny 6-team league, imagine how bad Yahoo's defensive pre-rankings would leave you in a 12-team league.

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, I'm afraid my pre-rankings aren't likely to be any better. I hate IDP's. They're not only random most of the time, often what makes good defenses is what makes IDP's shitty, they're the players who take risks on INT's or sacks and often get burned. Team defenses make much more sense to me than IDP's, who I tend to treat like picking 5 more kickers.

That said, I made sure the IDP's were the last of my preranks.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too personally like the Team Defense over IDP, but this year we're experimenting with it. If it is really that shitty, next year we'll go back to the tried and true Defense.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My team actually didn't turn out too bad, I think, despite the craaaaaazy autodraft shenanigans. My IDPs are pretty random, but I got Jared Allen. I think he'll be worth some points!

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ahahahahahahahaha

I am fantasy poison!

Screw the Madden curse, I'm the real force to be avoided.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like I said, between the two of us, Brady didn't stand a chance. I knew the risks of taking a Patriot with my first pick, but I was hoping that the curse would stick with running backs. Alas, it has mutated. At least his leg is still attached. I figured between the two of us, that would require career ending amputation.

~Uguu!~
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At least you're taking the injury quite well. I was sure you're reaction to Brady's season-ending injury would be like this...

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's masking the hurt with humour.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will say that I was impressed with Da Bears but only because they made Peyton throw fits all game long.

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think everyone was both impressed and surprised. ESPN jumped their ranking from 25 to 15 overnight because of it.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ESPN had a hell of a picture of the Brady hit on its site. I don't know if they still have it up, but it was Bryant Young-esque in its grossness. >_>

Anyways, I managed to win despite having one of my runningbacks not play (McGahee), which is a relief. I can thank Drew Brees and the Steelers' Harrison for that I guess.^^

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
At least his leg is still attached. I figured between the two of us, that would require career ending amputation.

Are you sure about that?

They've been awfully quiet about what exactly the injury is.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a bit confused. I could've swore I lost last week. Did I miss something? Not that I mind, but the league now shows I beat Parallax 81.44 to 81.32...Talk about a small margin of victory.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe it's because afterwards they gave your kicker an extra point for making a tackle. That's probably what put you over the top since they often don't add those points on until the next day.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: