Suikoden United and Irenic Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

More Computer issues
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: More Computer issues Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if you clicked on this thanks very much.

I'm not the brightest star here, so please be kind.

I'm still having some of the old problems, right now I'm encountering a "lets pretend we're connected at 14 kbps even if we're DSL"

now either I have somthing downloading (windows updates no longer say they are downloading) or there is somthing Nasty running that I can't find nore get rid of.

connumdrum 2.

when i hit ctrl-alt-delete I get my task manager. I'm using windows XP, and I've seen somone else use XP and call up a task manager with 3 tabs. I only have one tab. If I called it up it would say I have Internet explorer, taskmanager and MSN messanger open. I've seen somone else's tabs have sections that, like mine show what is blatenty open and what is running in the background like good old '98 would. I don't have that.

it took me 7 or more minnutes to run spybot serch and destroy, normaly I can surf the web and scan this time I couldn't. I got nothing but the normal "DSO Exploit". so what is left? should I run the other? I do and get nothing new (then again I haven't masterd it, Windows anti-spy I assume finds and removes right away, I see no "qurintie tab".

also, I've noticed my Temporaty Internet files folders being strange. MIDI files come up when I haven't listed to them, and pictures I don't recall seeing as avatars/lj user icons/DA thumnail prevews. where did they come from? and how does going to LJ and looking at my small friend list give me 1000k in junk? is this DSO exoploit at work?

Firefox, I haven't fixed it yet but I'll need to be baby stepped through finding my profile folder so I can do the magical "uninstall reinstall to fix problem. I commonly get a 623 error (somthing about not finding the data for the phonebook entry). and I got a few with IE.
------------------------------------------------
theres more to come i know it. so lets use this thread for a dumping ground for computer problems. I can give you the info it says on the machine, like pentium 4 with 2.66 ghz and stuff. but we got this sucker off of soone who needed a better DVD making machine. I named him Issues.

Last edited by kuwaizair on Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
Firefox, I haven't fixed it yet but I'll need to be baby stepped through finding my profile folder so I can do the magical "uninstall reinstall to fix problem. I commonly get a 623 error (somthing about not finding the data for the phonebook entry). and I got a few with IE.

I've had to do this once or twice. Here's where you can find your Firefox profile:

C:\Documents and Settings\[your name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

Application Data is a hidden folder so you may need to turn on seeing hidden folders under Tools>Folder Options>View (tab).

Your profile folder will have some funny letters/numbers and sometimes ends in .[your name]. I've copied the whole folder to another place on my computer. I have had trouble just dumping the folder back into Firefox when I was done. My recommendation is when you re-install it, copy the contents of your copied profile folder and then delete everything currently in your newly installed profile and paste your old stuff in.

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.free-av.com/

Good free antivirus software.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*clicks*
*downloads*

Thanks for the link! :)
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, here's one of mine recently: Lately, it seems like my mouse is going crazy. After I've had the computer on a little bit - often less than an hour - the mouse will start going crazy. Everywhere I go, it will automatically starts jumping around and speeding through menus like I'm clicking things, even though I'm not. (This is actually really hard to describe.)

It's not a virus, and it's not adware, as far as my antivirus/adware vapper can tell. I clean my mouse regularly, so I don't think it's due to that, either. I just ran a second virus check from the program Trevoke gave, and that didn't turn up anything either.

I'm kind of flummoxed. I don't know what to do, but it's really annoying. Right now the only thing I've found that cures it is if I do a double control-alt-del reboot.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Could be something as simple as crossed-wires or the like. But don't quote me on that.

The best thing to do is to borrow someone elses mouse for a few minutes, if possible, as see if the same thing happens.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your mouse may just be electronically zoinked. This happened to me before--I just got a new mouse and everything was fine and dandy then.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was going to say get an excosist. anway I have Norton, so please be nice. I ran scan disk and my sluggish ness seems to be better (if i opend my-computer's folder it had to LOAD, yes the happy little flashlite came up and I needed to wait for a bit.)

I'm just so confliced. I went threw several anti-spy programs. now I have MS-beta, and spybot S&D (who needs a tune up) I haven't goten anything new but DSO explotite (how do I kill it?) I have other problems, but for get them. I'll run here like a headless chicken and cry about it when It comes up.
aside from "hey why isn't corel word on my list of programs when i add/remove" and "HP help center, is it nessesary?" can't think of much.
(corel word perfect has conflicts with printers, everyone seems to have this problem. we installed mS word insted, now I think I shold get rid of the dead weight)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
Your mouse may just be electronically zoinked. This happened to me before--I just got a new mouse and everything was fine and dandy then.

Ironically the exact opposite happened to me. I got a new computer with a USB mouse, jumped all over the place. I found out a way to stop it though, i removed the mousepad ,XD, and it worked!!!!!

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
I haven't goten anything new but DSO explotite (how do I kill it?)

From what I understand, the only way to get rid of DSO exploits permanently is to stop using IE after clearing the exploit. I'm not trying to pitch another browser, but from what I've read from various sources, that's the only way to get rid of them. To put it simply (the only way I've heard it) it has to do with sites messing with IE when you visit them.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question to the computah gods and goddess of Suikox: Could it have anything to do with the way a household network is set up? Because I just asked mi da if I could borrow his mouse to test, and he said the same thing has been going on with his mouse, too. They're not the same make or even from the same company, and his is substancially older than mine.

At the risk of sounding truly stupid...How do I check for crossed wires? I mean, it's not crossed with any of the other cords, but I can't figure out how they wires would be crossed without cutting open the casing, which I'm relatively sure would be a Very Bad Thing to do.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't even get me started on computer problems. This last month has been absolutely terrible, I had like a meltdown and lost all my work and information on things. Just about an hour ago I got things all worked out so I'm hoping my luck remains.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Could it have anything to do with the way a household network is set up?

I am by no means an expert but it seems very unlikely that the set-up of a network would cause such a problem. That said, it could be a fault common to some miscellaneous option you both have selected.

And, yes, please don't actually open up your mouse. Seeing as it's affecting more than one mouse it doesn't seem to be the problem, anyway.

There must be a mouse option, uh, thing, somewhere on your computer, try defaulting it.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A similar mouse problem happens in a computer lab here on campus. The mouse would randomly jump to another point on the screen, but nothing ever gets opened on its own nor do menus get activated. However, this particular problem never got fixed so I don't know what to do. I was never told if it was a mouse problem or a computer problem either. But I will say that I wouldn't open up the mouse, as that doesn't seem to be your problem, as John has said. I don't know all that much about networks but seeing as it's not a virus or adware (which could be shared over the network) I don't think the network itself is the source. However, it couldn't hurt disconnecting from said network and seeing if the problem solves itself.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok my internet is stupid.
ok so I'm browzing with mah DSL, and well It says "Oh we need to connect to view this page, you want to see it off line or no?"

so I tell it to connect. It want to dial up as its old owner. I'm not him, our earthlink isn't his. It has been doing this from day one. It would do this when I opend "my computer". "lets dial up the interweb as this guy" I can't agree with it. otherwise, well It won't work.

He tryed to remove everything before he sold it. This is one thing that couldn't be removed.
anway idea whats going on?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: