Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Age of Conan Anyone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Age of Conan Anyone? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone experienced this? It was sold out everywhere in city <<.

But I just recently found a copy and decided to start? Anyone else know what their doing?

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about... http://www.ageofconan.com/

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played it a bit. Though, MMORPGs aren't really my thing, the setting of the game drew my interest. If it wasn't for a certain sexy little factor, I'd get the game myself.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My dad plays this game. It looks a bit too action oriented for my taste though.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It costs money to play a month so I tend to avoid those nowadays (I lack funds lol) either way it does not really interest me to be honest. I gave MMOs a go and really only liked a few, seems silly to subscribe to something like that anyway, the updates rate/patches its really not worth it. Not to mention I don't have the time, is it any good by the way?

I heard one of the main plus points is that you can slice people to pieces and blood goes everywhere. It seems the main reason my friends are buying it is because of the gore.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since it's a subscription MMO, I'm not really inclined to try it out, since I already have money going out to others. Not prepared to stop spending the money on the others in order to buy it.

Also, I'm really not into gore at all, yet it's the premise of building buildings in a player (mainly guild) owned town that interests me the most. I know, I'm pretty strange, but the feeling of having people constantly go in and out, and use things that you yourself have built gives a sort of pride that simply killing things doesn't give. At least to me.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just upgraded my computer's video card and tested it online at a benchmark site to see if I can play it and I'm all good. I'm still holding off from trying it out until all the release bugs and glitches have been fixed. If WAR gets another delay then I'll try out Conan while I wait.

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll give it a shot sometime in the next week or two. I know a few people from my guild on WoW that left for AoC, so I'm sort of inclined to try it out eventually.

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My PC probably wouldn't handle this too well, primitive as it is. And besides I never really understood why people like the Conan era so much, for me it just doesn't seem that interesting.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Conan's appeal is that it's sword and sorcery that's grittier and more mature-oriented than the high fantasy of Tolkien and Final Fantasy. I'm surprised not more company has used the Robert E. Howard Conan IP more to come up with some change of pace action and rpg titles.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I gotta say, I'm not at all inclined to get this. I was surprised to find how much interest in the game there was though, I thought everyone was focusing on WAR. Meh, I guess I've just never really been interested in Conan the Barbarian.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I'm still more gung-ho for WAR especially since they explained the guild system, but still months away before it comes out and AoC seems to be one title thats worth trying out for a couple months or so.

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game really is kicking up a fuss here, ive been told to buy it or buy Warhammer Online, I'm really not interested in either and money hard to find currently. Apparently hey have some similar stuff in the two games like large scale wars, am I right?

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Conan is suppose to have big PvP stuff but can't really compare that to the PvP and RvR in WAR.

3798 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah yep, I just bought the game about a day after the release. I have to wait until I upgrade my graphics card until I can play though. Just got a brand new computer but it came with a crap integrated one. >.< So for now its just sitting there.... I'm Nocturne on the Gromm server if anyone plays on there though, and I finally get it running well.
Spirit Caster

68902 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I might have got it but its supposed to have nudity in it so I wouldn't be aloud...seeing as I'm 16, but its supposed to have 3 types of mounts with mounted combat, siege weapons, and you can raise buildings like in an 'Age of the Empires' or 'Warcraft' game (forgot what type they are called). They also have trebuchets ( I have no clue how to spells that, Treb-u-chey), but what sounds wierd is the fighting...I think your supposed to click and do something wierd and you can pull off combos and stuff...like you controll every jab, slice and stuff like that...I guess like Morrowind but not first person view.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: