Suikoden United and Inspirational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

If you like the suikoden series check this out
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: If you like the suikoden series check this out Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's an anime called Utawarerumono. It follows the same formula as the suikoden games. the animation in it is also very well done.

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
Arjuna

15746 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's also a PC game out that has been patched.

http://forum.nihonomaru.com/pc-games-96/utawarerumono-english-patch-inc luded-32424.html

Not sure if you played it, it's an SRPG.

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i just looked at some info on Utawarerumono. the game itself is a h-game SRPG. sounds like the most in-depht h-game ever, huh... but anyway, i was wondering if the anime series is like that, even if there is no nudity. i don't want to start watching this anime series expecting a good story if it's got a lot of emphasis on sex stuff.
JJMullenger

1293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought Utawarerumono solely on Ryu's recommendation and i have to say this is an excellent series

Thanks dude

EDIT: I did draw many similarities to Suikoden

Last edited by JJMullenger on Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is pretty similar to Suikoden. And it's not that bad of an anime series.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I have the game, haven't watched the anime yet. The game is much more visual novelish, than a srpg, but they're 25 or so battles, and the story is fun and everything. But it is an h-game though the scenes are far and inbetween and they are very tame (If you're like me and not entirely into that sort of thing)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
nature_imbz

Verteidiger Von Natur Armee

13021 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what kind of game is taht?
is it similar to suikoden series?
but
i ber suikoden much better than this one
hoho
but
actually
i'm curious to know that game
so
how i can get that game???
hoho
coz the link that someone gave only the forum
huhuhu
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuikodenMistress

1782 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It sounds interesting but... I think that since Suikoden 3 is out in manga form, they should also bring it out in anime form...

What do you all think?

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^ not enough budget.
Shiro the Wolf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: If you like the suikoden series check this out Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I seem to remember a Suikoden tape at Blockbuster, is this series worth looking into?

Kinnison?
DarkCalibur

46980 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: If you like the suikoden series check this out Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Shiro the Wolf":29bvr89x]I seem to remember a Suikoden tape at Blockbuster, is this series worth looking into?

Kinnison?

a suikoden tape?..which one?
DarkCalibur

46980 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="nature_imbz":3d1kgor7]what kind of game is taht?
is it similar to suikoden series?
but
i ber suikoden much better than this one
hoho
but
actually
i'm curious to know that game
so
how i can get that game???
hoho
coz the link that someone gave only the forum
huhuhu

havent played the game yet(or maybe never i dont like H)
but i have watched the anime..it is awesome... worth checking out
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: If you like the suikoden series check this out Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="DarkCalibur":2zrxza0z][quote="Shiro the Wolf":2zrxza0z]I seem to remember a Suikoden tape at Blockbuster, is this series worth looking into?

Kinnison?

a suikoden tape?..which one?
If you guys are referring to this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... AA280_.jpg
This one episode OVA has NO RELATION WHATSOEVER to the Suikoden that we all know and love

Except the name. Seriously, don't even watch this ^ unless you're actually desperate to waste your time and/or money...
--------------------------------

Back on topic though. Utawarerumono definitely has a lot of similarities to struggles seen in Suikoden.
It's a TEENY bit sci-fi ish though (the anime I mean...I dunno about the game) in my opinion...compared to Suikoden and...
um...it has furries...yes...lots of furries...aha...ehe...
And even though it's based off a H-game there isn't really anything H about the anime....
well...the DVD specials do...kind of...a tiny bit...maybe. Haha

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great series. interesting end. Harem of "Nekogirls" included.

poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watched the whole series in Japanese and enjoyed it. It started out extremely well, just like Suikoden, and I loved it. Towards the end, however, it went way off into left field to the point where I wasn't enjoying it at all. It's a good series, but nothing spectacular.

Le Chevalier D'Eon, however, is an excellent series for political story fans. It's not like Suikoden with recruitment or anything, but it has an excellent story with lots of political intrigue and just a dash of fantasy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: