Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

canniblism!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: canniblism! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok so i saw this else where on a forum where someone wanted to discuss it withen the boundary of the sites ToS (no religion no sex stuff)
siteing some facts and some historical tidbits. Oddly enough this got more good replies compared to the fur topic. I had to mess it up by telling one person that there are ways to find willing people to eat, but because I attributed it to a vore fetish the OP yelled at me because its against the TOS(but the ones in the meat topics said without chastising that god put animals here for us and the'd be lost without us eating them...poor cow has no job I guess)
so now I need to say why i don't like it and if I'd ever eat it.

well we don't have much of a kiddy coral restriction on us at Suikox do we anymore?
so I will bring this cannibalism topic here. We can say if we'd ever eat people, if its right or wrong or is it our stupid western sociality that says not.
(that to I upset the OP of the other one that who would we eat if cannibalism wasn't taboo and was legal, would we eat poor homeless people or criminals?)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eating people should remain illegal IMO, and also in the opinion of over 99% of the people here (or anywhere) I'm sure.

There are serious medical problems that can occur if you eat people. There are special mental problems that can develop specifically because of cannibalism.

I also heard that some people think Mad Cow disease is the result of cows eating other cows, since many US beef places put beef into cow feed in the hopes that cows come out more "beefy" or something.

This reminds me of a story I just heard about in England, where a former Mister UK was turned out to be a cannibal or something. Some cops found a human leg in his kitchen I think o_O

^Actual quote!
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, cannibalism isn't exactly an easy subject matter. Most people get grossed out by it.

I don't think there's many physical side effects to eating human as some may speculate. If there were it'd more or less be because of what sort of toxins we as humans ingest, manifesting itself in the meat we are. An example could be someone on Paxil or Viagara. If I were to eat these people, I may feel less anxious or get aroused easily and for long periods of time.

However, I think that if a cannibal were to properly scout his meal, see that he or she eats well and doesn't consume harsh foods, the meat wouldn't cause any ailments.

The mental issues that come with eating fellow humans though, that is a definite realism. I mean, look at your neighbor or your parents. How would you feel if you were forced into eating them? I'm sure that'll be a heavy paycheck for a lucky therapist somewhere.

Would I ever eat another human? Not in most situations. I doubt I'd select "Leg of Steve" from the menu at my next trip to Outback Steakhouse, if it were ever legalized. However, given proper scenario, I suppose I would. I saw the movie Alive, and it freaked the hell out of me, but I guess in that life and death situation, feasting on fellow beings for sustenance wouldn't exactly be frowned upon. But I see that or a similar situation being the only way I'd devour human flesh.

One argument I have with "cannibal advocacy" (If there really is such a following) is the Christian belief that when one consumes the holy communion and drinks the holy wine at a church service that it becomes the blood and body of Jesus Christ. Transubstantiation is not cannibalism because when one ingests it, it is not the flesh, but once it is absorbed into the body, it becomes one with Jesus. The argument that transubstantiation is a form of cannibalism is outrageous to me because cannibalism is the eating of a human being. What happens once the food is digested is not a matter of cannibalism. Transubstantiation happens after the consumption, not before or during. Those who believe in it will say that it becomes the body and blood of the savior only after it has been digested into the body. By the cannibal advocate argument one can say we eat nothing but poop because once we eat food, it eventually becomes poop. We're all poop eaters by this thought train. Not very smart now is it.

Cannibalism is not a civilized act, just look at all prosperous civilizations. None were cannibals. Greeks, Romans, Huns, Persians, Aztec (reports of cannibalism with the Aztec are usually ruled as human sacrifices to a god, not the ingestion of humans.), Incan etc. The Egyptians actually only resorted to it during times of great famine and I believe that falls in the dire circumstance where survival > ethics. Yes, there have been known groups of people who were cannibals, however these were usually uncultured tribes of natives, aborigines or whatever. One often pictures a jungle tribe setting when cannibalism is mentioned. Seldom do you hear of a cannibal wearing a shirt. Proof positive that cannibals are uncouth.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cannibalism should only be legal if the man/woman who just died explicitly asked the cannibal(s) to eat them.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
Cannibalism is not a civilized act, just look at all prosperous civilizations. Yes, there have been known groups of people who were cannibals, however these were usually uncultured tribes of natives, aborigines or whatever.

No offense meant, but that is a rather ignorant view. They most certainly have a culture and the only reason we call it uncultured in the first place is because we are imposing our world view onto them. They are different from the way we are (regarding cannibalism in this case), therefore they are uncultured? That's a tricky rule to make.

Admiral Ackbar wrote:
I also heard that some people think Mad Cow disease is the result of cows eating other cows, since many US beef places put beef into cow feed in the hopes that cows come out more "beefy" or something.

There's no 100% sure explanation for mad cow disease. There's not even a surefire mechanism identified yet (although many believe it to be caused by prions). In Britain, cow nervous tissue was put into feed. Also, sheep parts were included. Sheep can contract a similar disease called scrapie. Some people think that scrapie-infected sheep parts along with the use of contaminated cattle parts in feed are what caused mad cow. The problem is that not every cow that ate that feed displayed symptoms and incidents were somewhat random in location. The disease can also lay dormant for many years before manifesting. That makes it hard to track down which cows have it and which cows do not. This adds confusion to the remark I made about not all cattle that ate "infected" feed displayed symptoms.

Just to note, British law prohibits putting such material in feed now, I think.

Quote:
There are serious medical problems that can occur if you eat people. There are special mental problems that can develop specifically because of cannibalism.

The only case that I know of, although there may be others, is the Fore tribe in Papua New Guinea. Cannibalism is not what caused their disease, which was called Kuru. However, cannibalism is what likely caused its spread. As part of the funeral tradition, family members consume their relatives. Typically, women and children ate the brain while men ate other parts. If that person had Kuru, then it was likely passed on through this consumption. Women and children were more often victims than men and they had worse symptoms. Kuru seemed to be more prevalent in families that followed this tradition. When cannibalism was stopped, eventually no new Kuru cases appeared. This incident however (I think in the 50's, but don't quote me on that) is what really helped push the primitive-cannibalism link. As far as I know, cannibalism was likely the agent of transmission, but, like mad cow, the actual cause and source of the disease is not completely known.

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
One often pictures a jungle tribe setting when cannibalism is mentioned. Seldom do you hear of a cannibal wearing a shirt. Proof positive that cannibals are uncouth.

Possibly because that is the Hollywood depiction of cannibalism. You certainly see that in movies like Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, though I highly doubt that real instances of cannibalism involve tying a live person to a spit and roasting them over a fire pit as a giant rotisserie.

The best thing to remember is that movies aren't real and, while some may be based in fact, there are elements which are often embellished for dramatic purposes.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cannibalism is a common thing in the natural world, and many species exhibit this behavior. However, when confined to human beings, the act of anthropophagy (human cannibalism) is typically condemned in most human societies. But even then, you have to differentiate between the different forms of anthropophagy, namely those that are done out of necessity (under extreme hunger, and the only food lying around is your recently deceased uncle), or those done out of ritual.

Most of the time, antropophgy committed due to extreme hunger and scarcity of other food sources is tolerated if not encouraged. This type of thing happens even in recent times under extreme circumstances, such as during wars when soldiers have to eat their fallen comrades to survive. Most cultures would understand this circumstance and probably won't stigmatize the one who had to eat his friend / co-worker, etc.

Anthropophagy done for ritual purposes can often become a touchy subject. The culture that does this would typically view it as an important, if not sacred, act. The purpose here is often to create continuity of life by partaking of the flesh of the dead. Those outside of the culture would often view the act as barbaric. However, if this ritual merely involves eating those who have already died of other causes, it tends to be easier to accept that rituals where a living person is killed and then butchered.

Sarcopathophagy (eating the divine) is a symbolic form of cannibalistic behavior, which goes in vein with the ritual anthropophagy explained above. The purpose here is up to the many interpretations out there, but Catholics believe the bread and wine transubstanciates into the actual body and blood of Christ, while protestants believe that the bread and wine are mere representation. People have killed each other over this difference in interpretation, so obviously it's a pretty important topic.

Meanwhile, those who practice anthropophagy on their own typically have some sort of psychological problem...
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hell kids, cows are not supposed to eat meat (cows, sheeps, or anything)thats why they possibly developed the strange Mad Cows (syndrome of crawfeld jacob ¿sp?) illness. And the fact of eating infected brains or remains is another reason for infection, so cannibalism here as CAUSE of the illness is out of the table.

And, yes, our perspective is not eating other human beings...but thats just cultural
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fu Su Lu wrote:
Hell kids, cows are not supposed to eat meat (cows, sheeps, or anything)thats why they possibly developed the strange Mad Cows (syndrome of crawfeld jacob ¿sp?) illness. And the fact of eating infected brains or remains is another reason for infection, so cannibalism here as CAUSE of the illness is out of the table.

And, yes, our perspective is not eating other human beings...but thats just cultural

Sage wrote:
There's no 100% sure explanation for mad cow disease. There's not even a surefire mechanism identified yet (although many believe it to be caused by prions). In Britain, cow nervous tissue was put into feed. Also, sheep parts were included. Sheep can contract a similar disease called scrapie. Some people think that scrapie-infected sheep parts along with the use of contaminated cattle parts in feed are what caused mad cow. The problem is that not every cow that ate that feed displayed symptoms and incidents were somewhat random in location. The disease can also lay dormant for many years before manifesting. That makes it hard to track down which cows have it and which cows do not. This adds confusion to the remark I made about not all cattle that ate "infected" feed displayed symptoms.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well yeh some mentioned the ritual eating of dead relatives, but that is a bit symbolic of eating them to remain connected/together or those who eat others to 'gain their strength' but when some people go "hay i wonder what people taste like" or they are misanthrope furries/otherkin i assume the idea is different.

you get mad-whatever illness from infected pirons..prions...something in the brain.

also how do we find people to eat, would people become 'meat donors"? would others be on some club of people-eaters? if some one dies in an accident, they donate a kidney and a leg for the barbecue?
some things from the forum. is this wrong/not ok to cross quote?

Quote:
I'm with Heinlein on this one. There's absolutely nothing wrong with cannibalism except that it encourages people to kill each other in times of desperation--much like the sow that eats her own fallow, a human might be turned to killing another human, even so far as killing members of your own group, your own family... etc.

those are differnt instances, donnar party stuff, or the guys who drew straws to see who lived and who was din-dins.

Quote:
I don't mind the act of cannibalsim,like as in,the act of eating humans for certain circomstances...but I don't like how it (like others said) encourages others to kill. But otherwise,when people go off in wars and rip and eat the heart of the person they killed....there is nothing wrong with that. The only thing to me that makes cannibalsim 'wrong' is that a human has a soul,unlike other things we eat,so that makes its life more valuable. I mean we all can't just go and slaughter people and sell them in stores.

But hey,your stranded and the only thing to eat is a dead human body,fine.You kill your enemy in a war,go ahead and eat the bugger for all I care.
But would I care or be grossed out if I ate human?
To be honest,no,it's still MEAT. I doubt it would have that much a different of a taste from an animal. As long as it wasn't someone I knew I would'nt be edgey about it.

mind you on a site like this attacking this person posslby can result in a ban-hammering and a mod breathing down your neck. apparenty this person coldn't enroll in their choise of school because they said they wanted to taste people.

Quote:
Well I'm a religious person and when I see a dead animal it's like "whatever" but when I see a dead person I see something holy and it creeps me out. So no, I could never eat another person even if they were dead. o__0 If I were a non-religious person I would probably still go EEEEEEW at eating a dead human but I wouldn't be able to come up with a reason why it'd be bad.

Quote:
Humans are mammals.

Mammals are meat.

Thus, humans are meat, and I see no real difference between a slab of human and a slab of cow. Call me heartless, but as long as it isn't me or someone I love being slapped onto the BBQ, I really don't care.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It made me remember, until a few decades ago, my people (indonesian) on the island of Papua still practice cannibalism. The island of papua, while being a very large island, still had a lot of land unexplored, hence why there's cannibal there.

I don't know if it's still practiced right now, as the island had gone through a lot of modernization. There's still a chance though, since there's some land there that's still untouched. For some trivial fact, the human meat, according to them that have tasted it, taste better than most, it's sweeter than Pork, and juicier than dogs and beef.

From my point of view, there's nothing that could justify a cannibalism act. Even If one is badly starved. I'd eat Pork if the circumstance forced me to, but not human meat.

Suprisingly, movie audience love cannibal film. I still remember a lot of B-movies from the 80's, like emmanuelle, etc. etc. mostly saddistic and/or filled with a lot of sexuality. The only movies that had cannibalism inside that I think is good is the Hannibal series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: