Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Possible future True Runes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riou

Elemental Magi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

~True Transport Rune~
The rune governing all forms of transportation.

Spawns the blinking runes and holy runes.

I don't know about how good the name is, but it could be almost identical to the blinking rune and somehow divided in half like the rune of beginning and the gate rune into the true holy rune and Viki's special blinking rune.
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One I made up tonight in a fit of creativity:

The Rune of Ages, governing force of the passage of history, its rune-bearer's purpose is to chronicle the events of the other True Runes. Unlike the other 27 true runes, the Rune of Ages does not grant its bearer true immortality, but requires them to leech the "years" off of individuals they kill in order to sustain their ever-living status and in turn absorb their memories and history as well.

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually really like that rune you've come up with, Lucent.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah nice rune Lucent it looks well made and well real enough to be in suikoden.

jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well new true runes maybe a rune of the time like you said RaiKaGE05
well i can't wait to see all 27 true runes
i see a rune of devastation that can destroy everything or something like that
i don't know maybe not
MariGreywords

The White Wind

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now, I thought this thread was pretty darned fun, when I looked at it. There seemed to be a couple of nice ideas, like the Melody rune. As for my idea, the first thing that came to mind was a Rune of Stillness, essentially the embodiment of the World of Stillness's influence, or even a Seed of the World of Stillness. The wearer would be influenced in concious and unconcious ways to bring about the Stillness in the main Suikoden world. This could end up having the character be either a major villain, or major hero. For the villain, he/she would essentially attempt to throw off the balance of the world, in ways to lead to the destruction of all life on the planet. Or, perhaps he/she would even attempt to overlap the World of Stillness with the normal world.

As for the hero, I found myself already developing a character that I like, and might create for roleplays. I imagine a young girl, happy and in the flush of youth. She has a penchant for exploring nearby ruins, every year expanding how far she looks around. An earthquake, or something, reveals a hidden ruin that she enters. Of course, the ruin is completely silent, maddeningly so. No monsters, no sound of her own footsteps, and so on. She finds the rune at the lowest level, and is enthralled by it's beauty. She reaches up . . . and she is taken. As soon as the rune is bonded with her, her mind is flooded with visions of the World of Stillness. Even more-so, she tends to see things as they are in the World of Stillness, instead of looking at the normal world. This would lead to some serious pain . . say . . she looks at her home that she's lived in all her life, and she suddenly sees a broken down hovel, completely empty. She looks on a field, as sees a barren wasteland. From then on, she travels to find a way to remove or seal the rune away, having her hopes repeatedly dashed as she follows one false lead after another.

From there, she could go one of two ways. One, she continues on her little quest regardless of failure or success. Two, she fights against the wishes of her rune for the rest of her life, working towards nurturing life in the world. Either way, she'd probably go insane from staring into the Stillness for years on end. Not too thought out, but it seems like it'd be fun to play around with.

The other idea I had was a True Rune of Entropy. That rune would work on the principle that everything is in a constant state of Entropy, constantly breaking down. It does NOT govern death itself, just the path of life leading to death. You could take two views on this rune, that I can think of at the moment. First, is the depressing view. "Oh crap, we're all going to die eventually. Best to speed it up." That view I don't like, since it pretty much advances the Stillness ageda, in the end. LAME. Now, I like this one. "Entropy? Life slowly ekes out of you, as you age. Why hasten it? Better to work at prolonging the entropy itself, than let the sadness consume you. Besides, if you die before having children, you deny them the chance to exist." Mmm . . happy thoughts! This rune could have some interesting combat uses too.

Entropic Curse: Light damage and/or poison to a single target.

Entropic Wave: Light damage and/or poison to all targets.

Dark Entropy: A random status effect to all enemies and/or light damage.

Path to the End: Medium to heavy damage and/or an enhanced poison effect.

Not bad for only a half hour of thought, if I do say so myself. But, i'm an egoist . . . so i'm allowed to say things like that. Constructive criticism PLEASE.

On a side-note . . . that's not too bad of a size for a first post, eh? -Wink!-

"Let's be positive!" ~Amano Maya

"Ok, so I bleed orange-flavored Jell-O. Big deal!" ~AdonisVaMPHuNT
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lucent wrote:

The Rune of Ages, governing force of the passage of history, its rune-bearer's purpose is to chronicle the events of the other True Runes. Unlike the other 27 true runes, the Rune of Ages does not grant its bearer true immortality, but requires them to leech the "years" off of individuals they kill in order to sustain their ever-living status and in turn absorb their memories and history as well.

What if Viki had this rune, lucent? That would explain why she's always so confused and acts so secretive at times... She may have no control over murderous urges... But no one really sees it ecause of her powers.. But then, that'll give her the right to be, at one time, a bad guy...

TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My idea would be a Rune of Perception (I came up with this before making my name). Its dual identities would be something akin to Morgan from S1, where the bearer is blind, but has strong perception beyond that lack of sight. It could also govern beings ability to perceive things not only sight,hearing,touch and such but also the sense of right and wrong.

I also like the idea of a Pandora Rune, but I think it should go more like those around the bearer (friend and foe alike) suffer curses akin to the evils inside Pandora's Box, but the bearer can represent (and have powers to the affect of) the Hope hiding in the bottom of the Box. What do you all thing of this idea?

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought it would be really awesome to give a multi-levelled special attack rune.

You know like for instance... the Falcon Rune, or the Hate Rune.

I know the Falcon Rune had a second attack, but it was random, very very random, and only Valeria could do it, so it sucks to be you, Anita. With this example, someday it may be possible to play as their master Haia, and maybe he has a few moves we haven't seen yet.

Is it me, or did the Hate Rune (S1) seem completely identical to the White Tiger Rune in (S2)? Ronnie Bell and Long Chan Chan both charge up and throw what is now commonly refered to as a "HADOKEN" at one enemy. Wakaba's is slightly different despite the name, she performs King's "Double Venom Strike" from the King of Fighters series... and it unbalances her most of the time unless she's berserked, then it would never unbalance her, at least not in my experience.

Point is... could they have simply had a White Tiger Rune with more than one move? It's not like martial artists (except Zamza, who is awesome) usually have alot of MP... they might need to handle it differently should they decide to take this path... like maybe martial artists can't equip magic runes, but their MPs can go toward using special attacks, which they should clearly be capable of with their training regimen.

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm confused at what you post has to do with a yet unrevealed True Rune Coketastic, in addition to it being double posted. Are you tyring to say that there should be a True Rune governing Command Runes like the Falcon Rune and Hate Rune?

A friend came up with an idea that the planet they were on, as in the Earth that all the continents were located on was a True Rune. We've got Sun, Blue Moon and maybe an Planet Earth Rune is in order. It would be very interesting and might explain why sometimes True Runes cause unnatural weather patterns.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zephron

Flying Moon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's my true rune idea-

Rune of Guidance

This rune guides it's owner worldly understanding, to grant it's wielder wisdom beyond understanding. This rune strives to make it's wielder 'perfect'. but if its wielder ever goes against it's wielder, it instantly kill's him and searches for another worth wielder.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can see this rune become evil since they will probably end of seeing a horrible truth and will try to show the world and such
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's one that I made up for a Suikoden fan-game that I'm hoping to make in the future (about to go to college to study Computer Science; I'm hoping to make the game engine from scratch using the skills I learn there).

The Seed Rune: A fairly little known True Rune, it has been taken on the physical form of a giant fruit-bearing tree on an island continent to the west of Dunan since the great battle between Sword and Shield. Once attached to its bearer, it will grow alongside him in power. However, in order for the rune's to grow, the bearer must grow himself and begin to understand the importance and purpose of life (heavenly virtues if you will). However, if the bearer fails to do so, the rune's power will wither away taking the bearer's life with it.

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is some rune i created a while ago when i was feeling overly creative again.
The rune represents the two most important aspects of the human mind, intelligence and emotion, two aspects that all living creatures have (to some extend).

The True Rune of the Mind aka the Mind Controller.

Motive
The rune seeks out the wisest and mentally strongest persons in the world, to feed of their wisdom and brain activity to become more powerful as a rune.

Effects
The rune gives the bearer psychic ability through its spells such as telepathy, psychokinesis and pyrokinesis, it does not give teleportation power, because there are other runes for this. The user is able to levitate and if the user has a weapon such as a sword or a spear he or she can wield it just by thinking instead of using the arm.
Though the rune gives great power to and stops aging of its bearer, there is offcourse also a big downside. Whenever the user uses the runes magical spells, the rune inflicts a great headache to the user, because the spells cause a great pressure on the users brains. The severeness of the headache depends on how much and what spells are used. If there is too much power unleashed the user might pass out or die. Over time the bearer tends to grow emotionless and might gain some of the wisdom of the rune.

Bearer
Well i created it so it is mine! Though i am not sure if i should be happy with it.

Slot
The rune is always located on the forehead.

Looks
With the help of Photoshop i created this image that would represent the rune:
The True Rune of the Mind.

As you can see i added in the symbol of the all-seeing eye, a common symbol to indicate a form of psychic power. This symbol represents the left half of the brain, which is used for observing through senses and thinking. The outer ring is a wheel of some sorts and represents the right half of the brain, which is used for movement of body parts.

Spells
The rune uses mostly offensive magic and causes status ailments. The rune contains the spells of level 3 to 6, but i listed the level 1 and level 2 spells as well for possible future spawns of this rune.

Level 1 spell: All-seeing eye.
Based on telepathy.
Lets the user take a brief moment in one opponents thoughts to anticipate the move of the target and causes the target to always miss its next attack if the target would attack. The users next attack will always hit.

Level 2 spell: Manipulation of thought.
Based on telepathy.
Implements thoughts in the mind of all targets so they can not think clear and become confused. Can be used on the users own party as well to set their thoughts straight and cure confusion.

Level 3 spell: Flaming will.
Based on pyrokinesis.
Fire element attack that deals 500 hp basic damage to one opponent. The user of the rune ignites the opponent by the will of the users mind.

Level 4 spell: Invisible Force.
Based on psychokinesis.
Sends a shockwave towards all opponents causing 700 hp basic damage to each one of them and it messes up the party formation. Hurts own party in front of the user as well when used from long range (back of the formation).
When used on the bearer it creates an invisible shield that raises defense by 10%

Level 5 spell: Visions of fear.
Based on telepathy.
Creates a haunting illusion to all targets to scare the targets and try to paralyse them with fear with a 50% chance of succes. For each target there is a 10% chance of the target to flee the battle instead.

Level 6 spell: Nerve-wrecker.
Based on psychokinesis.
Inflicts a huge headache to one target inflicting 1500 hp basic damage and a 25% chance of fatality. Due to the great pressure on the users brains there is a 25% chance of fatality for the user as well.
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always kinda thought the True Elemental Runes while important, seemed like a cop out.

I also would venture a guess that we won't see a True Red Rose Rune... or a True Trick Rune.

Since there already exists a Balance rune... see Suikoden 2... that is right out, being the Anti-Unbalance accessory.

There also will not be a Brangelina Rune.

I also thought a Wrath Rune would've been cool but then I remembered Hallec.

For all we know, Konami might even drop a Nameless Rune on us, since they played that card on an entire area of the world.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: