Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Possible future True Runes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
Well, I think a true ressurection rune would be a great idea.

I actually thought ressurection runes were spawned from the rune of the night (for the unsure that is the star dragon sword) for some reason. Did I dream up this information or is this actually the case, anyone?

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, even if that is the case a true ressurection rune would be excellent.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Isn't there a Sound village in Crystal Valley?

No, I believe there's a school or class in Crystal Valley revolving around phonology and music. Connel's father went there, and so did he. The Melody Rune sure would give merit to singers like Annalee, Kasios and so on, phonologists like Connel, Badeaux and his Listening Crystals, plus the Doremi Elves and Sound Sets.

Quote:
This rune doesn't necessarily have to surve a large purpose either. Maybe a singer like Annebelle would have it and is in charge of those singing elves or whatever.

Maybe, since the Doremi Elves only communicate with pitches, like how dolphins communicate with clicking sounds. But a True Rune like that wouldn't work on Annalee: she can bring people together with her singing, but she's not Tenkai material. The Tenkai would somehow use the Rune to communicate to a huge crowd of people despite a limitation the Rune puts on them, such as being mute, deaf or blind. Plus, the Tenkai knows how to fight. Annalee doesn't, although she can use Encourage during war battles, which is useful.

If you played Final Fantasy X-2, Yuna sings '1000 Words' to a morally divided crowd and manages to help them remember that they're all humans walking the same path to peace, thus helping to end the conflict between the people. The Tenkai would possibly do the same thing should they bear the Melody Rune, but would bring people with no hope left together and band against the enemy. Something like that.

FF X-2 spoiler - That, or the audience may have been moved by Shuyin and Lenne's tragedy that showed up for them to see from the Songstress dressphere. Reardless, it had an effect.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My idea for a possible future True Rune is something like the junction of some theories about runes of the sound, color, intellegence and so on that I have read. It's something like this:

True Rune of Understanding

~My voice speaks wisdom, although you can see it all, all you see is truth

This true rune is of the Pathos class and governs intellegence, wisdom and communication.

In fact, this true rune is divided in this 3 parts, each one of them being some part of the "understanding process".

The intellegence part governs the ideas that are struck in our head. Meaning, it controls the concepts that the beings have about everything, and these same concepts are the results of all the expiriences that we lived in our lifes. The function of this part is to module those concepts attending what kind of expiriences that being had.

The wisdom part governs the knowledge. Meaning, it has registered all that happened and happens, not only to the bearer, but to all beings. It regists all that has occurred in the past and is currently occuring n the present, it is impossible for it to regist a future that no one saw.

The communication part governs (logically) all that is related with communication. The beings communicate through sounds, colors, smells, gesture and so on. It's this part of the true rune that makes it happen, not only to the emissary to "say" the message, but to the receptor to receive it.

The bearer of TRU has almost infinite knowledge, is the most intellegent being in the world and is able to communicate with every being, and gives the ability of knowing all about his opponents. It's also this true rune that creates the Old Books that we all know.

This true rune has a double duality. The first is that, if we are able to understand, we also can misunderstand things, what usually leads to more conflict. So, this true rune also allows misunderstandings.
The other duality is that this true rune gives to its bearer "almost" infinite knowledge. If it's "almost", it's not everything. So, even if it allows for great intellegence and very vast knowledge, this one is impossible to be totally complete, leading the bearer in search for more knowledge, that he cannot find no matter what, driving him totally crazy, which leads him to dead.

Tha attacks of this True Rune amy not seem, but are, indeed, powerful:
1- Copycat - Uses the last attack made by his opponent;
2- Double Coalition - The bearer makes a combo attack along with a controlled opponent against one of them;
3- Holy Copycat - Same as Copycat, but doing 2,5x damage than the normal;
4- Nirvana - The bearer attacks with all magic, attacks and skills that he has, doing 5000 damage, but leaving the bearer with just 1 LP

Well, if anyone has comments about my True Rune of Understanding I would appreciate.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I noticed for the TRU that if someone were to actually have this, they'll be very powerful, both in knowledge and in battle. Maybe TOO powerful. Like this:

Quote:
The bearer of TRU has almost infinite knowledge, is the most intellegent being in the world and is able to communicate with every being, and gives the ability of knowing all about his opponents.

Quote:
Tha attacks of this True Rune amy not seem, but are, indeed, powerful:
1- Copycat - Uses the last attack made by his opponent;
2- Double Coalition - The bearer makes a combo attack along with a controlled opponent against one of them;
3- Holy Copycat - Same as Copycat, but doing 2,5x damage than the normal;
4- Nirvana - The bearer attacks with all magic, attacks and skills that he has, doing 5000 damage, but leaving the bearer with just 1 LP

Isn't that a little bit excessive even for a True Rune? If the TRU grants the ability of knowing all about the bearer's opponents, then wars would be stopped in their tracks a long time ago due to the TRU's insane clairvoyance. I'd hardly call this a strategy rune because you know what your opponent will do and you can do whatever the hell you want, and real strategy like what Shu, Leon and Albert concoct are based upon what you THINK the enemy will do, in most likely probablity, and act according to that. It won't be a guaranteed outcome like the TRU can grant, but genius strategists are born because they can read the enemy based upon limited information, not all the information of the world in your hands.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Benit's right, what you've given is overpowered Fundertaker but with some tweaking I think the idea of a Rune governing Understanding is one of the better ones in my humble opinion. I'll say normally the true runes have in some way the control over their polar opposite (which you mentioned in it's duality) and start in the bad aspect and pregress to the better aspect they govern so I suppose the opposite of understanding is not-understanding (yeah I drew a blank trying to think of a better word for this).

With that in mind the bearer would start in a state of not really knowing or accepting the position s/he is in until they gather the stars together for whatever rebellion you care to imagine and turn the rune's focus to the understanding side of things, at this point they would gain insight into actions and expressions. Not an actual talent of clairvoyance or telepathy though, that would again as Benit said, remove all strategy. Of course sometimes knowing too much can create problems and the game would need to show that side of things off, imagine Luc, the wind runes visions are a fairly decent example of someone knowing too much and it caused him to go to desperate measures in the pursuit of his goals (at least partially) driven by his knowledge of the future.

Anyway those are a couple of my suggestions think about tweaking your idea around a bit and it becomes a pretty good one I think.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree that some sort of curative rune that would require for full power the self sacrifice of the bearer's life if only momentarily could be a very powerful thing. Considering that the sign of Falena is much like that of a pheonix that would work perfectly with a healing and resurrection rune that to have the power to truly heal one would have to die first. Thats just a thought though considering that it could just be a resurrection rune for Falena and it is merely for reviving the dead and such but you never know it could fit both ways.

An actual true rune of control much like the black runes from the first game were supposed to be would be an interesting vantage point. This whole conquerer rune which wasnt a true rune could merely be like a regular though very rare version of the True Rune of Control but thats just a thought. There is a lot that could be done with something like that and it could be used for peaceful purposes. Say it wouldnt be the True Rune of Control but Rather the True Rune of Willingness and Control. Kind of like it can be used to make people follow you if it had to though it empowers those who choose to follow you willingly.

The Blue Rogues

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just have one question, and it's in black just in case of spoilers.

At one point Cedric either says something about, or posts in the comment box about him having a "True Holy Rune" or something like that. Could this be one of the True Runes?

Okies, thanks.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No. 'True Holy Rune' was a rune worn by Stallion in Suikoden I that granted him extreme speed. However, the name 'True Holy Rune' is merely a horrible translation by Konami, the true name of the rune is nearer to 'Godspeed Rune'.

Despite this being a big subject of complaint by English-speaking fans of the series, Konami have continued to mistranslate the rune the exact same way everytime it appears in the games. Perhaps as some perverse form of consistency?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
LouisDude98

Great Morland

27536 Potch
15 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey that actually makes alot sense. The true rune of time. THat would make a great story. It's very evidnet from what this site provides us that Vicky can travel through time. "KID" Vicky is proof of this. And I mean you have true Runes Governing everything celestial and basically everything else so why not have a rune that can govern time? The True Chronos Rune. I like the sound of that. That could be put in one of the last suikoden games and you could go through all the other games and witness all the wars fought. There could even be a great little anti war message in it huh? THe attacks would be cool to. That's a good proposal.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm against a True Rune of Time, since the rich backstory that Suikoden has will only be screwed up royally if such a rune allowed someone to jump around in time willingly. Viki can do so with the Blinking Rune, but I believe she does so for a higher power, whether she knows it or not. Higher powers, like Fate or Destiny, or even Leknaat, would have a much smarter way of dealing with time and keeping things in line compared to some Joe Nobody.

Plus, the Zodiac Sword had sent McDohl, Viktor and Cleo back to when Ted's village was attacked. Was this subconscious, or a real time jump? I don't know, but apparently this didn't affect Ted too much memory-wise, and McDohl couldn't bring little Ted to the present, lest he screw up the fabric of time itself. So I have a gigantic thumbs down towards a True Time Rune. If Konami makes such a rune, I'll be very, VERY surprised.

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this topic is old but I had some ideas about some True Runes too I'd like to share....

- Rune of Chronicles -
As memories swift, people change, and life fades, I remain still, in all three ways..

This rune made me thinking that since if someone had this rune..it would give them too too much power since if the person lost a battle or war..they could just rewind time and have a do-over...so in my theory..I was thinking that the RoC doesn't have a host...instead...it flows around with time...through different periods of time...with a difficult chance of being seen by one's eyes in the past, present , or future...just flows....and the Viki idea was since Viki was gifted with stronger teleportation magic along with the blinking rune..she has more chances of seeing the RoC than many others..so she teleports accidentaly where the RoC is and the Roc somehow ships her off...that is how she teleports not only in places around the world but different time periods...she also lives in a weird space place too...maybe it would appear there.....(in the game her luck is high too..but they probably won't mean nothing..) So the RoC travels with time...appearing and dissapearing everywhere in all dimensions...

Here is a rune that I made up...

- Rune of Pandora -
I hold the special in chosen ones...

This rune is basically about "The Gift" or just advance and ancient magic...not like runic magic like fire and water..but like sarah in S3's kind of magic....Pandora was a goodess in myths..her name meant "Gift of All"...This rune symbolizes the gift of magic but the gift is uknown to others meaning it could be chaotic or opposite.....In the myth, Pandora was given a gift from the gods and inside when she opened it, it released evil spirits and demons....This rune's "gift" could randomly possess the bearer into a beserk, chaotic mode...losing their thoughts of actions and all...but anyways the rune bestows the bearer the holy gift of magic but curses him/her of being chaotically possesed..

That's all I got..tell me if its bad or not..I kinda think it is but i just wanted to let out my thoughts...
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to see a True Rune that instead of taking a toll on the bearer like to Rune of Punishment it makes the bearer stronger but causes terrible things to happen to the world around it. I guess it would be like the Soul Eater but I was thinking of some thing a little more "Corupt" It would be som thing like if the bearer summoned the power to stop an invading army not only would the army be stoped but the land would blighted as well. The story I see would have a frail and weak hero who come across the rune and now has all the power he ever wanted. but then realises the danger in useing the rune and instead of saying "Oh, I just try and not use the power" Which we all know from earlier games does not work he goes on quest to seal the Rune away.

I don't have a name for the rune or any ideas on spells i'm just more concerned with the flavor and style then the stats.
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[b]Great Conflict Rune a.k.a. The Rune of Disaster and Triumph[/b]

This rune represents two aspects of power: Glory and Ruin.

The bearer of this true rune would adquire great power, power to lead and power to fight.

This rune also bears a curse, the power of the rune would corrupt the bear. He would forget why he needed power and will live just to acquire greater glory and will cause war and conflict wherever he goes.

For instance, the bear would look for stronger and srotnger oponents to fight, he would strive to become a ruler and them he would trow his nation into suicidal war of conquest, just to acquire glory. He'd be a kind of napoleonic figure, coming out of nowhere and then conquering everything.

Yet, he'd never create stability, his empire would be just like Alexander's the Great empire. It would last a few years at best with all his subordinates figthing between thenselves.

The bearer would be arrogant and a creator of devastation and pharonic works. Not the hero type.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The True Red Rose Rune! Fear it's power!

A rune that might exist could be the Gender rune. It has a duel aspect Male and Female, but the problem is I don't see it being feasible for gameplay purpose.

The True rune of Knowlage and Innorance is also possible. It could show information on emenies, but also casue confusion. I also couldn't see the Hero useing it, but another character could.

The True Holy Rune is at the very least possible. Not the Speedy Rune but an acutal Holy rune. They could make a Ture Dark rune to make a duel purpose, but that would be confuseing and they might end up with copy of Riou/Jowy thing. Also they would have to explin how there could be two more True element runes which might take away from S3.

I don't know...

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: