Suikoden United and Illegal Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Difficulty levels, perhaps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sealot

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Difficulty levels, perhaps? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey!! Just wondering, did anyone else feel Suikoden V was just too easy? I've played since 1st one so I'm quite familiar with the series mechanics, but still it felt just too easy. Anyone here who had hard time with it? Well, anyway I thought that Suikoden VI could have difficulty levels for beginners and veterans.. If any of you have tried Kingdom Hearts, it has normal and expert levels which really bring more challenge in the game. I thought, why not in Suikoden? It would be cool to have a reason to max out the potential of your characters!

The Suikoden II bosses were actually hard, on my first playthroughs I had seriously hard time with some bosses: The HQ one, Pest Rat, Luca fight.. Some of the best memories I have from Suikoden were fighting these bosses and beating them. IV and V didn't offer this satisfaction :(

So, what do you guys think? SVI for harder, easier? Would changeable difficulty levels sound good?
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only RPGs I've seen difficulty levels in were by Tri-Ace. I wouldn't count on it. However, I do like a challenge. Sadly, I've noticed a disturbing trend in easier games being rated higher (FFX, for example.)

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sure, why not?

I'd like a bit more of a challenge when using a full party (because the only challenge I ever got in the game was using the Doremi Elves), it's too easy killing things.

Oh, and a random blabber, but Kingdom Heart's difficulty levels were negligible. Because all you did in the game was press X, Triangle occassionally, and win. If you're good button-mashing at Tekken, then it means you're good at Kingdom Hearts, too.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I don't mind easy difficulty at all. In general I view battles in RPG's as that interactive thing you have to do in between the story bits. If a challenge is what I want I much rather play a shmup or something. I play Suikoden (and other RPG's) for their storylines. Sure, nothing wrong with difficulty levels, but just as along as you're not missing out on anything if you go with the easiest.
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did find suikoden 5 a bit easy, but there were a few enemies that were really tough like those flying bug creatures that attack three times and a few last bosses were tough as well.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the only part I found difficult was the very last bit of the game with the few bosses and then the final boss. But that's cause I unequipped most armor and what not before going in to save it for the next play through.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Crimson_Angel

13285 Potch
60 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a pretty good idea. I thought Suikoden V was quite easy too. It would be fun to be able to make it more difficult. I thought it was pretty good in Kingdom Hearts.

- Auron, Final Fantasy X

"I'm a warrior, not a variety of flower!"

- Vegeta, Dragonball Z
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would prefer they just raise the levels of all the enemies a bit instead of difficulty levels.
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden V's difficulty is, in my oppinion, pretty much the same as the 4 other Suikoden. Suikoden isn't really a hard RPG you know? the Valkyrie Profile series far surpassed them in term of difficulty. But Suikoden series is really enjoyable and have some of the nicest storyline an RPG could ever have. You could always overlook the difficulty level.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Valkyrie Profile 1's difficulty system better than the sequel - it was set to three levels of difficulty and you could get there from the start, rather than playing through again and again with the enemies getting tougher each successive playthrough.

Then again perhaps they should just be harder by default.

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would not mind if they just made the game harder rather than adding difficulty levels. Either way Ive enjoyed all of the suikoden games thanks to the story.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
superangelo128

18698 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be a bit interseting if they made the next game a bit harder. Well, as long as the game's not TOO difficult.

Come to think of it, one of the things I like about Suikoden are that battles are so fast and easy ^^

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the reason why the last game was not too difficult was because the enemies are usually outnumbered. How many random battles boasted more than three monsters? Like, what? Five? Six? And with the Formation and its Form Skl's the game's difficulty became ten times easier.

Another thing was that bosses did not have a lot of HP. Most bosses wilt with just one use of the True Men Formation Skill. Sure, I could opt not to use these features to my advantage, but I would rather the game be more difficult than adjust myself so that it would provide a sufficient level of difficulty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: