Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Which character does this apply to?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Which character does this apply to? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
Growth from level 60 drops to 0-1 points/stat for most characters. However, there are very rare exceptions--such as Gremio who actually starts to gain a lot more points from level 60-99, and a certain character in Suikoden 4 who shows the same concaved growth curve.

This was taken back from suikosource. I'm interested to know who this certain character is. If he or she does show this odd trend in growth, then they should be a fairly powerful character by level 99. The thing is, I can't figure who it applies to by just looking at the players' guide. Any assistance is welcome. Thanks.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's Snowe. The weirdy stat curve growth belongs to Snowe.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I already leveled that kid up to 99, so I can't do any more research on him. Which of his stats were affected by the abnormal growth?

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Argh, Snowe. I really have to recruit that punk. I remember when I went stat-crazy and started levelling up all my fighters like wild before I restarted my game. When I began my new game I levelled up Hero and Snowe side by side for a few levels, and was mortified by how quickly Hero left Snowe in the dust. Guess getting proper mileage out of Snowe requires a longer commitment.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pretty much all of his stats start to leap, excpet MAG and LUCK
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A Stat Growth Guide is up in Suikosource. This is what I've found.

Character stats which have 11 growth (1-2 point increase from Level 2 to Level 99):
Chiepoo (STR)
Eugene (EVA)
Karl (SPD)
Sigurd (MAG)
Snowe (SPD)
Stat at Level 60: at about 120
Stat at Level 99: at about 180

Character stats which have 12 growth (2-3 point increase from Level 2 to Level 60, 1-2 point increase from Level 60 to Level 99):
Eugene (PDF)
Gau (SPD)
Snowe (STR)
Snowe (SKL)
Stat at Level 60: at about 150
Stat at Level 99: at about 210

Snowe is gifted with this bonus, and Chiepoo has other kickass stats (SKL, EVA, SPD, LUK) so I found the two of them the best characters in battle.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So seeing as Snowe and Chiepoo are the two characters that are hated my most people who have played the game they actually turn out to be powerhouses?? Maybe it is an incentive to use them then :wink:
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember wrote:
So seeing as Snowe and Chiepoo are the two characters that are hated my most people who have played the game they actually turn out to be powerhouses?? Maybe it is an incentive to use them then :wink:

Yeah, I hated both with a passion too but in my opinion they are indeed the two best fighters in the game. Snowe normally only gets two rune slots, but if he gets a third slot, prepare to pwn. :wink:
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved to use Snowe. If he has a double-strike rune and so does hero, their combo attack is really powerful. It's amazing. I like to use Snowe.
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Is the voice what irks people away from Chiepoo. About Snowe, I don't bother to use him unless he is in the same Party as Hero. Ultimate Boss killer, the two of them. It's too bad there is just one Boss after you get him.

I always dump Chiepoo because I hate Nay Kobolds and His voice scares me. SNowe is mostly a waste of time considering how close you are to the ending by the time you get him and how under leveled he is.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SOmeone underleveled near the end of the game is not that big a deal. The Suikoden games are designed so that a few random encounters will level nearly anyone up enough to survive. You can take a level 1 Snowe to a difficult area and, as long as you can keep him from dying in the first battle, he will jump up in level very quickly. It's been like that in all the games.

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Y'know, I liked Snowe. I hate hearing people bad-mouth him. But hey, whatever. Personally, I recruited Snowe and now he never leaves my party. He looks awesome in his Pirate outfit. RAWR, PIRATES. Haha.

But yes, is a Double Beat Rune a good idea for Snowe? Right now I've left him with his Water Rune, but I've also got Ted with a water rune in my party most of the time, and Ted gets a lot more mileage out of it. Should I remove his Water Rune in lieu of something that will accentuate his physical ability? Cuz that way I'll have my main party of Hero (Magic/Physical), Ted (Magic), Lino En Kuldes (Tank), and Snowe (Also Tank).

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I gave Snowe an Ogre Set, 3 Power Rings, a Double-strike and a Warrior Rune. He kicks ass. I don't worry about his defense because everyone else in party is fast anyway (except the Hero).
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I meant was not that he was useless cause he was underleved. More than you just don't care about leveling up someone when you already have a balanced team formed by that point in the game.

Of course, you could always use Snowe in your backup team but then you can't really exploit his Unite attack.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It really irks me that Chiepoo is a powerhouse t a high level. I neever really liked using any of the Ney-Kobolds.

I'm still happy for Snowe, though. He's a real powerhouse when you equip him the right stuff and give him the right costume to cause chaos in. I had the patience to use him in the end so i did level him up from his lvl 1 predicament. Unlike some, people, i saved a spot for him in the party just to utilize the unite. It's really worth it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: