Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Valkyrie Profile 3: The Accused One
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Valkyrie Profile 3: The Accused One Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh God my stomach. I can't stop laughing maniacally.

The game takes place in an unknown timeframe, with a new protagonist named Wilfred. A young soldier who despises the Valkyries, he seeks to avenge his fallen friends by waging war against them and the Gods.

The game seems to place a lot of emphasis on Niflheim and some of its... residents, which have remained vague and distant antagonists in previous installments. Queen Hel offers her "support" to Wilfred, giving him a feather of great power to aid him. However, it grows darker with each use, so I imagine something bad will happen when it turns to black. Maybe he's the one who caused the Mists of Niflheim.

The scan also mentions a friend of Wilfred named Ansel, as well as an underworld denizen named Elise. That's about it at the moment.

Rejoice, friends!

Last edited by Leb on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

omg omg omg <3 <3 <3

PLEASE HAVE LEZARD
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yaaay DS.

SRPG? Or just a rumour?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a rumor based on the fact that the camera has an isometric view. It's tri-Ace, so I doubt it's a strategy RPG.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's awesome!

*hugs his DS tightly*

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So awesome! But why does it have to be on DS.... :(
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crono wrote:
So awesome! But why does it have to be on DS.... :(

My thoughts exactly. I'd be much more excited if it were on anything else, personally. This way, graphically, it looks worse than the original... released eight years ago.

I'm still looking forward to it, but that's a real bummer. :(

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You get one tiny, blurry screenshot, and suddenly it looks worse than the original. Alrighty, fellas.

The Magicbox has supplied the fabled second screenshot, which is definitely not isometric.

The intrigue continues to build! The game's slogan... thing (the passage they put around the picture of the valkyrie in the title) was also announced:

"Destiny by sinner sought, tragedy by power wrought."
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting move having a 'Valkyrie Profile' not about one of the Valkyries. I guess they want to keep the name since they're going to stay in Norse mythology and the same game mechanics, but it does sorta invalidate the meaning of the title.

Could be interesting though, once again the protaganist fights 'against' the gods? I could stomach that for one game about Brynhilde Silmeria since that is based on a famous story of a disloyal valkyrie... but most norse people revered the gods, so why another story about fighting against them?

Having complained about that, I'll probably buy a DS just to play this game.

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I was kinda bugged by that too. Fighting against the gods/fate/what have you seems sort of cliche, so it'll be interesting to see where they go with this.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh and another 'Square-style' pretty boy protaganist? *sigh* Where are the real viking types in this game series, I mean sure we've had some good hard manly men in VP even sans-beards... but nope Square-Enix once again throw the prettiest protaganist they can at us. I mean really its getting tiresome to be honest.

While the proportions for the character in 'Viking: Battle for Asgard' are a little over the top, I'd much rather have a burly berzerker type as opposed to a pretty boy with a chip on his shoulder.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's actually Tri-Ace, not Square-Enix. And I don't think the main character looks like a pretty boy, in that second screenshot Leb posted at least.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:

Could be interesting though, once again the protaganist fights 'against' the gods? I could stomach that for one game about Brynhilde Silmeria since that is based on a famous story of a disloyal valkyrie... but most norse people revered the gods, so why another story about fighting against them?

Well, that's what a lot of Japanese RPGs tend to be about; Punching God/s in the eye. But I pretty much agree with you that it's very tiresome to have the same villain archetype.

I would usually have felt very, very excited at this point about the release. But for some reason, i don't feel it. It's not that it's on the DS, i can live with that. But maybe it's because i felt somewhat disappointed with Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria. I mean, the Einherjars has little personality to have, unlike in VP1, which is the better of the two by a large margin. If VP3 can give the characters more personality like in VP1, then i will definitely be happier about it.

It doesn't mean that i won't get the game at the chance i can. But i surprisingly don't feel that enthusiastic about it.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still maintain he's a pretty boy with his odd coloured wavy hair and such... the hairstyle looks too anime to me, Valkyrie Profile always did well with giving characters more realistic hairstyles and while this is no Cloud Strife or Goku hairstyle I still associate it directly with anime.

I guess I'm just getting bitter in my old age :p

I would guess that with a non-valkyrie protaganist they will have less characters and therefore more character development.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, yeah, looks terrible!

Anyway, a much nicer looking image of the title has been added to the original post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: