Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fantasy Baseball 2008
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Fantasy Baseball 2008 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx, Thor and I all have expressed interest in a Fantasy League for the upcoming Major League Baseball season. It looks to be a fun year with many surprises and who knows who'll be the best in the AL. Early signs say the Mets are the team to beat in the NL, but its the Mets and its the crazy NL where any team can be good now.

If you like Baseball and want to join, Shoot Tullaryx or myself a PM. Tull is going to be the GM as far as I know.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would love to join....but my knowledge of baseball is pretty low......at best! :P
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know I want in.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll get the league set-up this weekend. Hopefully we can get three more players to have a minimum 8 player league. As I've told Red I'll beusing as many statistical categories that's closer to sabermetrics than just using the traditional stats.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, there's plenty of players who are really good but because they're stuck on non-productive teams like KC, Cincinnati and Texas, they get overlooked. One big case is Adam Dunn, while yes he WILL be drafted, he suffers in the RBI category because most of his homers are solo shots or maybe a 2 run dinger because the rest of his team can't get on base. He's definitely worth taking regardless, however he loses on the RBI category and thats usually a dogfight category every matchup.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Before I set-up the league on Yahoo I'll post the stat categories I'll be using for hitters and pitchers both. I know that WHIP for pitchers is a must and OPS for hitters.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You might also want to explain some of the lesser known categories too, just in case we don't know what they are. Sabermetrics is a funky art and I'm not as versed in it as I'd like to be.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, the league is set-up rotisserie style since we may end up not having an even number of players joining up.

Suikox Yahoo Fantasy Baseball League
League ID#: 194604
League Name: Suikox

Go to Join Existing League, then Join Custom. It will then prompt you to input the League ID# and the password I PMed to those who said they'll sign-up.

PM me for the password for anyone else still wishing to join.

The stat categories will be as follow.

Hitters

H - Hits
HR - Home Runs
BB - Walks
TB - Total Bases
OBP - On Base Percentage
SLG - Slugging Percentage
XBH - Extra Base Hits

Pitchers
TBF - Total batters faced
HR - Home Runs allowed
BB - Walks
K - Strikeouts
TB - Total Bases allowed
ERA - Earned Run Average
WHIP - Walks + Hits per Inning Pitched

To give more people time to research and pre-rank their players I'll set up the draft for March 30 (Sunday) at 12pm PST. Even though the official start of the regular season is March 25th this league will start everything at March 31st the day after the draft.

Last edited by Tullaryx on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:( I was hoping we'd start it up on the 22nd so we can get in before the beginning of regular season.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could still change it but with the live draft times pretty much taken leading up to the 25th it would be tough for everyone to try and make it to the available time.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it looks like the guy who usually runs the fantasy league I'm part of finally started his again. He's a much better commisioner than I and originally he was the one I spoke to Red about. So, those still interested in joining should go to that league and I'll put the ID number and password below.

ID No. 201741
password: gurus

Sage was one from here who joined in the football league last season and almost won it all. So, disregard the league I've made and go to this one instead.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone else getting this when clicking on the link above?

"There was a problem
There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)"
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not me, but then you're probably just experiencing a heavy traffic problem when you tried to register. Happens to me in the weeks leading up to any start of a fantasy league. Just have to try at different times.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No problem.

I will check back later so.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We're currently at seven people, and it says if we have an odd number we can't do the draft.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: