Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 1 Retold : Screenshots and Commentary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonm17

3378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my god...This is too good...
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha I love the commentary.

Suikoden I is a good game to do this on because it is not a terrably long game.

Suikoden II might be a bit more of a challange. Also less people have played it so if you do something similear watch out for Spoilers =X.

Anywho keep up the good work =D

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-- The Neclord Encounter --

Description : After defeating Teo, Mathiu suggests that the Liberation Army attack the Lorimar region while the Imperial Army is distracted elsewhere. When the Liberation Army arrive at fort Lorimar there are no Imperial Troops to be seen. Tir and Viktor go to scout the Warriors Village however the cheif of the village cant commit any troops due to a vampire called Neclord who is set to arrive in a day and claim he cheifs daughter, Tengaar as his new bride. Viktor's village was attacked by Neclord years ago and he decides to take revenge, but when Neclord arrives he cannot be harmed and easily dispatches the villages warriors and Tir's group and proceeds to leave with Tengaar.

Comment : Its interesting that Viktor seems to know almost nothing about Neclord, even minor details like the fact hes invincible. The only thing more insane than that is the simple fact that the only weapon in existence that can kill Neclord is a mile away from his castle, what does Konami take me for! once again "We cant kill him, its hopeless" hours later "oh yeah secret weapon, you gonna get raped!" Beyond that the recriuts of the Lorimar region are annoying in themselves, Moose needs to see the other 3 blacksmiths to join, Window needs that damn window rune, and theres that dude who needs all those flower seeds; which is odd given the fact hes a gardner?

"You don't have any seeds? But what have you been doing all this time?

"Just digging this hole here. . ."

"Hahaha, yeah right. Really what you been doing all this time?"

-- Blast from the Past --

Description : When Tir and Viktor cannot defeat Neclord they head to a local temple run by a monk called Fukien, he tells them of a weapon hidden within the caves that can defeat Neclord. Tir investigates and finds the sword but it appears to have some kind of curse and transports him to the past. He ends up in the Village of the Hidden Rune, they are approached by a small boy who Tir recognizes as Ted. Not long after arriving Windy attacks and Tir witnesses Teds grandpa pass on the Soul Eater to him, after a confrontation with Yuber and Neclord, Tir manages to retreat. However knowing they cant bring Ted back with them, they are forced to leave him in the Village and return to the present.

Comment : First things first. The Village of the Hidden Rune? I probably would have gone with Leafwood village if I was looking to remain hidden. "You cant have what we are protecting" says a woman in the VILLAGE OF THE HIDDEN RUNE. Yes I wonder what yee are protecting. But I guess this all takes a back seat to the simple fact that the Star Dragon Sword is a time machine, and given the fact you spend only about 10 minutes tops in the Village of the HIDDEN RUNE! that you are right back again, some curse.

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-- The Neclord Confrontation --

Description : After collecting the Star Dragon Sword, Viktor and Tir head back to the Warriors Village to discover that the cheif is leading an attack on the castle in prompt to receiving wedding invitations from Neclord. They head to the castle but discover that nobody can enter except Tir and his group. Hix asks to be taken along and is allowed to name his sword. When Tir reaches the top of Neclords castle, Hix declares that he named his sword Tengaar and they fight Neclord who is easily defeated with the aid of the Star Dragon Sword. Afterwards Viktor leaves to tell his village of the good news

Comment : Well Im glad everything turned out ok, but just one question. Viktor has no village, they are ALL toast! If he wanted to celebrate getting revenge at a stripper bar somewhere he could have just said. However I always liked the sword names, after spending all his saving at the Blacksmith "Sweety, I had to rename my sword" "Its not called tengaar anymore?!" "Even better, its now called Tengaar+!" "I dont get it, its the same but with a plus, why even bother?" "But sweetums, its really, really sharp!"

-- Recriuting the Dragon Knights --

Description : After liberating Lorimar, the Liberation Army decide to recriut the dragon knights. Humphrey is a freind of the Dragon Knight leader and decides to come along. When they first arrive at the dragons den they are turned away but with the help of a aristrocrat they find a hidden way to get into the dragons den.

Comment : Wow I forgot how qiuck this game progresses after Millich, I guess the programmers were getting bored. Well again this scene should trouble some, I mean the security here is terrible, one guy gaurding the entrance, a secret entrance to the side. I have more but I'll save it for the next comment.

-- Helping the Dragon Knights --

Description : After infiltrating the Dragons Den, Tir discovers that all the dragons are asleep, they are confronted by Milla vice commander of the dragon knights and are granted an audience with Joshua their Leader who tells them that all the dragons have been asleep for along time and they need the help of Luikan but cannot find him. Knowing that Tir brings Luikan to the Dragons Den in hope of securing an alliance. Once there Luikan tells them that the dragons have been poisoned and they need an antidote.

Comment : Well two guesses as to how the intruders got access to the dragons, not only that but Im glad to see Joshua has done his research on Luikan, given the fact hes been a member of the Liberation Army for months. Also how else did Josh think the Liberation Army took out Millich's rose. Dont you just love how Flik basically suggests blackmailing the dragon knights with Luikan, nice one man.

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another installment.

-- Finding endangered species and Destroying them --

Description : In order to save the Dragons, Tir would need to gather three special ingredients to make an antidote, one was located in Seek Valley. Tir headed there straight away but when he reaches the top he encounters Windy who summons Ted to take the Soul Eater from Tir, however Ted asks the Soul Eater to absorb his soul. Windy attempts to take the Soul Eater herself but the Rune rejects her and she is forced to retreat. Tir takes the Moonlight Weed and leaves.

Comment : Another emotionally moving scene however I think we can all agree that we don't give a damn because we get JUDGEMENT, power up!?! *air guitar* Of course Windy always seems surprised when things don't go her way but then again she does have a track record of being insanely stupid, the original encounter in the palace is a prime example, when Ted used the Soul Eater. What exactly did she expect?!

-- The Art of Theft --

Description : Futch heads to the hanging garden in Gregminster to find a black dragon orchid but when he arrives he runs into Barbarossa, who lets him go. However when Futch is leaving Windy sees him and uses her magic to shoot him and his dragon down. Futch is uninjured but his dragon dies, its at this point that the third ingredient is revealed; the liver of a dragon. Futch can no longer be a dragon knight without a dragon and Humphrey is asked to take care of him. The dragons are restored to health and the dragon knights ally themselves with the Liberation Army.

Comment : I still feeling this game needs more translation. However this is an important scene for a different reason, this is the first indication that Barbarossa is not on the same page as Windy. It really doesn't matter but its something, but the real meat and potato of this scenario is of course the double-beat rune bitch slap Josh hands out to Futch. His dragon is dead and his life has been wasted because he's also out on his arse. Wow Joshua is a real jerk and he doesn't even care basically saying "You can hate me if you like...but I don't really give a crap"

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that's nice. Glad you have the ime to did this.
Damn, it feels nostagic! (S1 is the first ever RPG I ever played, a long time ago when it first came ou).

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Somehow I get the feeling you don't really like this game... But I have to give it to you, it IS funny. ;)
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Djungelurban wrote:
Somehow I get the feeling you don't really like this game... But I have to give it to you, it IS funny. ;)

Oh I love Suikoden 1 but there is no denying some of its. . . .inconsistencies.

-- Practice makes Perfect --

Description : After returning from the dragons den a man is waiting at Toran Castle who is informed that Viktor along with his master Warren have been captured and are being held by Kasim Hazil. Tir is called by Mathiu who has discovered that there is a spy within the Liberation Army, he wishes to attack Imperial territory but he can only succeed with a particular plan but knows that the spy would ruin it. He therefore announces to the army that they are going to be conducting military training but when the day comes he orders an immediate attack on the northern border and sends multiple attack forces as decoys to neighbouring outposts. In the meantime Mathiu distracts Kasim Hazil by pretending to be a prisoner of Griffith. Tir frees Viktor and when Kasim beleives he has cornered the Liberation Army, his army is flanked by the City States who Mathiu had warned in advance. Millich appears and talks to Kasim and he joins the Liberation Army as a result.

Comment : These two screen shots maybe abrupt but this is the how the game plays out, this part may seem intricate but it all goes down in about 30-60 minutes tops. First of all the plan itself seems abit flawed, what would stop the spy from telling them about the training and then simply ambushing them and slaughtering the lot of em. I like how Flik says "I thought there was alot of equipment for training" what did he expect? Its not very good training if they were using fishing rods instead of spears. Of course I need to touch down on Vincent, but I'm saving that for later so don't worry. By the way the two invisible fortresses are always a laugh to muse over, come on be honest; you all know you went looking for them.

-- Ice-capades and hard-to-say names --

Description : After liberating Moravia castle, only two fortresses remain. Kwaba and Sharazarade commanded by Ain Gide and Sonya Shulen. Knowing that the Liberation Army don't have any real naval force the Imperials have most of their army in Kwaba but Mathiu comes up with a plan to make 500 boats by freezing blocks of ice using a dragons breath, the plan works and the Liberation Army invade Sharazarade catching the Imperial forces by surprise, once the Imperial Garrison is defeated Tir enters the fortress to close a flood gate so oil can be poured into the fortress and set aflame. However after closing the gate Tir is challenged by Sonya who is quickly defeated but before they leave the fortress bursts into flames, Sonya attempts to commit suicide but is stopped by Viktor and captured. When Tir reaches the surface Flik has Sanchez at sword point, Sanchez reveals that he is the spy and is responsible for Odessa's death. Mathiu stops Flik from killing him because such a revelation would hurt moral.

Comment : Once again alot seems to happen but it just comes at you at a million miles a second. Its a shame because these plot points could have been drawn out more and given much more weight. This was the one plan Mathiu came up with that was actually kind of clever as opposed to a simple demonstration of...y'know, common sense. I love how Tai Ho says "Hey you're cute" in the army battle and Sonya hears it? How loud are these people! Also when you get to the fortress Luikan says he cant join the party for plot related reasons....NOOOOO!?!?! I need your POWAH Luikan! Of course this all comes down to the stupidity of setting a fortress on the water on fire for no real reason, the Imperials are dead. It would have been much cooler if you went to go capture Sonya and the fire was some kind of trap plotted in advance but I guess this really doesn't compare to Sanchez, because his little speech about "I wuv U guyz" really seems less heartfelt given the fact he tried to murder everyone mere moments before. Bah! I would have beheaded him right there.

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

brings back so much memories...
Luthiel

1191 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amazing job. I can't wait to buy my game again when it hits the PS Store. I feel like it's the time I play again the older Suikoden games.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-- Oops...uhh...yeah.... --

Comment : Its a shame this screenshot was pretty good...

-- The Stars of Destiny --

Description : With Sharazarade liberated it is finally time to attack Gregminster and a meeting of the Liberation Army is held in the War Room. While addressing the army Leknaat appears and uses the power of the Stars of Destiny to bring Gremio back to life.

Comment : This would be a touching moment but no the writers at Konami could'nt help but have Gremio say shit like "Oh noes, Imma need to do the lawndrE!" Of course having Gremio itself is something thats difficult to get emotional over. However I've got a treat for you, I've discovered the REAL war speech Mathiu gives everyone.

"Everyone here has gathered the Liberation Amry's. No longer will there be killing in front of a children, no longer will I still be feeling generous with the Imperial Army!"

....you're welcome!

-- Calm before the Storm --

Description : With the attack on Gregminster coming the next day, various members of the Liberation Army spend time together in preparation

Comment : I'm actually gonna put my serious face on for this one, mainly because it actually does a decent job of pulling the ol' heart strings. Various members chatting away contemplating the possibility of their impending deaths. Its pretty effective.....although I get the feeling this scene came before Sharazarade....

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very Well done, I noticed all those translation errors, love Mathiu's new war speech.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good stuff Zegai!
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This stuff is great. I have been wanting to know the story of suikoden 1
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-- The Final Battle --

Description : After preparing, the Liberation Army march on Gregminster however they are halted when it is revealed that the Imperial Army have almost 100,000 troops. Knowing that a majority of the army would consist of monsters summoned by Windy, Leknaat uses the power of her Gate Rune to return the monsters to their realm but has little success until Joshua comes and uses his Dragon Rune; thus abolishing all the monsters from the field. The two armies engage and the Liberation Army win. With the Imperials defeated Tir easily enters Gregminster but when he arrives at the bridge to the Palace he encounters Ain Gide who helped him escape before. He attempts to stop them and is killed.

Comment : Hold on one second, Windy can summon thousands of monsters! Why didn't she just summon them into Toran Castle and murder everyone? Not only that but this scene is entirely pointless for the simple reason that Leknaat gets rid of them instantly, sure with a little help but still. Of course this being the last army battle it is in fact the easiest. With the Ninjas you simply murder the enemy, Yuber and Pesmerga were meant to have some kind of lovers tiff here but we don't see it so I introduce the sound of me not caring. However there is some good in all this and that is of course the Ain Gide fight which I actually found a little moving, one man dying needlessly trying to protect something that is already done for, it is pretty sad.

-- Emperor Barbarossa Rugner --

Description : Tir enters Gregminster Palace and easily gets to the Emperor who was spending time in his garden. He refuses to give up and uses the power of the Sovereign Rune to transform himself into a Golden Dragon. Tir is able to defeat him and Kwanda, Millich and Kasim appear, knowing he had made a grave mistake. Windy appears afterwards, Kasim attempts to stop her but is overpowered and she makes a direct grab for the Soul Eater, however the souls of the dead use their power and reject her Barbarossa then grabs hold of Windy and reveals that his Sword protects him from her magic and that he had hoped to change her the better but had failed. Afterwards he grabs Windy and leaps off from the top of the garden, causing the palace to crumble. Tir escapes but Flik and Viktor stay to fight off Imperial troops. After hearing that the battle is won, Mathiu dies from his wounds. The War is over.

Comment : Well that's it. Finally. The War is finished, However. . . . . .a. . . . . .golden. . . . . .dragon. Wow, Mathiu sure knows how to miss the finer details huh? How many of you guys got killed by this thing because you killed the wrong head first and the water head used resurrection? Of course the important thing is that Barbarossa comes to his senses, he can never get rid of the hate in Windy's heart, oh sure thousands dead, empire in ruins, full blown rebellion looking to behead you but is it right to linger on the finer details. The crumbling palace is my favourite part about this, what does this game take me for? Is there any real reason why the Palace is falling apart, give me something Konami! Well beyond the obvious stupidity we can at least shed a tear for poor Mathiu, who dies of......excitement for all I know.

-- The End --

Description : With the War over Tir leaves Gregminster with Gremio

Comment : I guess with nobody left to slaughter Tir decides to head for higher grounds, of course nobody knows where he is now unless they looked in the first village outside Imperial borders, dudes hes just there fishing! Oh well I guess he did earn it and he did it all in less than 2 paragraphs of dialogue..impressive!"

Stay tuned for the final episode of the Bonus Round.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: