Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Gary Gygax has no more hit points

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Gary Gygax has no more hit points Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Today is a very sad day for all D&D players everywhere. The man who pretty much created the basic rules for rpgs has died at the age of 69. While I was never a big player of the pen-and-paper game I still knew who Gygax was and pretty much give him his due respect for creating a form of gaming which has made given me thousands upon thousand of happy gameplay.

D&D creator Gary Gygax dead at 69

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Too bad. I don't know how many hours I spent playing with the stuff he created. I guess he used his unlucky 20-sided die and failed that saving throw vs. death.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think every gamer who has played and enjoyed rpgs in their life must look to this man as the root for setting the basic foundation of what would become one of the more popular gaming genre's of the past 30 years. Hell, even games one wouldn't necessarily look as being an rpg has dipped in the well of ideas that Gygax helped create (example being Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4).

He may have failed his saving throw vs death but here's to hoping that he gets straight perfect 18's when he rerolls his character to be reincarnated.

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

+1 sadness from me.

A true pioneer of gaming, who knows what the face of the gaming industry would be like if not for him.

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All D & D jokes aside a legend has passed.

So is the way of the life.

Go meet the great Dungeon Master in the sky...

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Too bad. I don't know how many hours I spent playing with the stuff he created. I guess he used his unlucky 20-sided die and failed that saving throw vs. death.

Ha ha ha, gosh that's so wrong...

But, funny! I remember my original purpose for coming to the site was to ask for advice in creating a d20-based Suikoden campaign. While I never did end up finishing my own system, I've spent many hours with friends enjoying our collective nerdy-ness with one another.

I guess you have this guy to thank (or curse) that I ever became a member of Suikox. :mrgreen:

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We have this guy to thank for lots of the RPG culture we see today.

Thanks!
nature_imbz

Verteidiger Von Natur Armee

13021 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:cry: :cry: :cry:
yeah
it's so sad to lose an AWESOME pioneer like him
What he did with this forum is Great
When The new forum have established..
it is great if Gygax makes same suikoden battle system...but have more fun on it
Maybe Your Soul Rest In Peace......
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: