Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

So, are you picky when it comes to buying new games?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am picky. I have to know some spoilers or plot behind it, and it has to have enough of good gameplay or story for me to play it. Mystery is always good, too, or connections to other games.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Decided to resurrect this thread that I started. You know what I recently discovered? I'm now picky about buying Greatest Hits for PS2. It didn't used to be that way, until I found out that God of War has content that was edited out on the GH version. Ever since then, I started wondering what I may potentially be missing if I purchase any game with the GH label. So now, if at all possible, I'll try to buy the black-labeled version of any PS2 game I'm scouring for in the used bins.

Of course, not all Greatest Hits edit content out. Virtua Fighter 4, for example, actually added 2 new fighters. It's an odd process. Kind of like when a DVD comes out, and then a few months later they come out with some extended version to try and get you to shell out more $$$. Bastards. ;)
SilverMaiden

4518 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:
I used to buy a lot of games, really just whatever caught my interest. I don't nearly have as much time as I used to have to play games, though. So I've become much more stingy in my purchases. I usually only purchase RPGs that I have heard a fair amount of good things about, or from a series/producer that I follow. It's gone from just buying all the major games that come out, to only buying the games that really, really interest me-- which I suppose is a good thing.

I'm the exact same way.
Shazam

3798 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ehh. I wouldn't say i'm picky at all. I'll pick up a game wether it's new or used, or greatest hits or whatever. I couldn't care less about the case as long as the game is working. Except if it's a game like SII which I bought for 120$ and I think I deserve a good everythign for that price.

I've been rented a lot more games then buying these days though. With games being 60 dollers I make sure to read up on the game and everything really well before I buy. And the only current gen system I have is a Xbox 360. So since i've been flooded with tons of FPS's I haven't really had any interest in buying any new games for it lately.
DarkCalibur

46980 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hell yes..i can only buy 2games per week i have to make sure its good..or else
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to be extremely picky. So picky that the only games I used to own for PS1 and PS2 were ONLY Final Fantasy, Madden, and Suikoden (with Vandal Hearts 1 and 2). I hardly ever played anything other than those since nothing else really caught my attention. Besides, I know that I'll enjoy another run-through on any game in those franchises versus playing an unknown title that may just be a waste of time...

But that all changed once I started working at Gamestop. :mrgreen: With my free 5 day check out, I can grab anything off the shelf, sign a book, and walk out the store with it. No financial commitment, no worries if I don't like it, nada.

Because of this, I've seen my collection grow quite... profusely over the last few months. I currently have 4 different games going at the same time, which I've never done before, and my list of reserves is ridiculous. (I don't actually plan on buying most of it, but it's still about $80 in deposit money on future games... I could buy groceries, but nope. I just had to reserve God of War 3 which won't be out for another 8 months! Wee!)

As for the type of game I purchase, I usually will go with the new versus the used. I'll only get a used game if I've personally inpsected the disc myself, then I usually throw the copy in a drawer behind a counter until I see a better copy come into the store.

I really shouldn't be spending so much money on games. I never used to, and I once again have no life. But Gamestop... they just pay me too much! And the employee discount?? Pssh. I have to take advantage. You only live once. ;)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: