Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: The mystery of "L'Renouille" possibly solved
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really awesome, I love reading your stuff Vex! ^^

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a pretty interesting read, nice find.
Island dweller

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is interesting indeed, ive often wondered about that, although not as often as ive wondered about its pronounciation.
LTM

14940 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its been almost a month since this topic was started but its interesting to see this and I just wanted to say nice work on putting those two pieces together. I never knew this previously about L'Renouille but now I do I guess. R'yleh makes sense when you put it like that. Though I do have to bring up one little thing...

I understand the lead translator was given barely enough time or resources to be able to give the game a proper translation but...does that still excuse the cat outside Viktor's fort saying "Sonya"? I mean thats supposed to be Nnyyaah...I mean come on...I don't care how bad you got it, you have to be missing a few screws to come up with that when you are a professional translator for a big company like Konami. Maybe they had all been doing acid or something to cope with the stress but still...

Liberatori di Inferno

26524 Potch
63 Soldiers
123938 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually just read this editorial and I definately find it fascinating since it truly makes sense to me at least. The overall translating of Suikoden II was dreadful, look at all the rumormongers for the trading, they all spoke in a type of coding I'm sure NO ONE understood ** WASTE of potch btw, bastards!**. Then afterwards in Tinto when you visit Gustaf and Lilly Pendragon...they speak in that weird Alien coding. I was told it was due to bad translation.

LTM makes a good point about the cat saying Sonya, hehe it was oddly spelled the same way as Sonya Schulen first seeing that in Suikoden II made feel like it was refrencing her somehow in a odd way.

"Devoted Protector of Lord Logg and Lady Valeria"
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha! Awesome. And to think the whole time we thought it was French in origin. :P

Great editorial, Vex!

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Wilhelm

462 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
(he borrowed Souleater from the Elric Sagas).

Can you explain this further? I've only read one of the Elric books, and would like to read whichever one featured the inspiration for the Souleater.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: