Suikoden United and Infamous Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Baccano!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Baccano! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now this is one hell of an epic anime. It's like Cowboy Bebop, but better. Oh yeah, I went there. It's like that and Persona combined, considering how realistic the characters are, one of which is the best psychopath I've seen since Hisoka.

There's a number of different storys, but the basic plot is that a number of people in 1930s america were made immortal. Meanwhile, there's a gang war going on. So the two gangs decide to rob the same train at the same time, not knowing just who was on board - a few immortals, and a couple murderers, and a radical group with a grudge against the "White Suits."

There's elements of alchemy involved as well, including, but not limited to, people eating other people through their hands.

But what I liked about it the most is how skillfully revealed the characters' personalities are. Jacuzzi and Ladd in particular are nearly impossible to judge accurately from their first appearance. But my favorite is Firo, mostly because of the hat scene in episode 3 or 4.

Really this is easily one of the most epic anime out there. Only my raging fanaticism of Berserk keeps me from calling it the most epic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At last, somebody who talks about Baccano!. To me, this is quite easily the best anime of 2007, if not one of the best ones which ever graced the anime history.

However, I find the amount of attention this series has been getting is disturbingly low. I mever really saw people talk about this one outside the Japanese community. Most of casual, or even dedicated, watchers do not even know this anime. The fans are not even adequate for it to be called a cult hit!

I do hope they would continue on to a second season, following the novel. After all, there are still many loose ends, with Huey Laforet being the most prominent one. It seems to be quite popular in Japan, with a game incarnation currently in production for the NDS, so there is hope.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm here to bring this thread back up. Actaully, i have just started watching the anime a couple of weeks ago. I have currently watched up to Episode 12. Like Yvl and Scrooge, I absolutely love it! I understand why you mention Cobow Bepop, but that only because of the opening music. Otherwise, i don't see any other similarity to it. Oh well, it's a trivial point overall.

I love the deep development of the 17 characters or so (counting from the opening scene), i don't think i am able to list them all, which has to be it's strong point. My favorite characters in there would have to be Issac & Miria, Ennis and Luck.

And it's not only the characters themselves. The animation is overall exceptional, and the music is fantastic. I love the "Psycho-bathroom-scene"-esque violins screeching!

But i have to admit, the first episode was not all that great, even though it's very original. It was simply too confusing to see all those characters not having a good grasp on what the hell is going on. But I gave it a chance and continued watching thorugh it. I would say that it's kind of like the TV series Lost, in the sense that everyone has a story, and you're not sure about what the hell is going on, and you also have a "monster". But unlike Lost, you actually get a coherent story, even though there are still holes, but that's probably from the rest of the episodes that i haven't seen.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: