Suikoden Urgent and Informational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

SUIKODEN 3 LVL 99 trick....who actually did it?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: SUIKODEN 3 LVL 99 trick....who actually did it? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

as most of you know, in chris' first chapter (i think) you can earn level 99 with several hours of repeative work. doing the grassland battle then dying. it's very repeative and very boring after the 10th time. so i was just wondering who actually did it!?

i did and now i find out there will be no data transfer on the new game which is hella pissing me off!! all that work for nothing!

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did it the second time through the game. Just to make sure I would win all the optional battles, especially the ones in the Flame Champion's Hideaway at the beginning of chapter 4.
Chris level 99 against Luc, Sarah and Yuber was some thrilling battle.
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never did the level 99 trick because I think it will just suck the fun out of the rest of the game. Maybe one day I might do it just to make sure that I can do so.

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not really. It's kinda fun to be able to do thinks not really meant to be done.
Kyun Mcdohl

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never did any tricks for any of the games except for Suikoden 2's Matilda Glitch that I did a few times as an experiment.By becoming Levell 99 Too soon the game would probably be boring.

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*raises hand*.....It was a very very boring year. Plus I had already done everything else anyways.

And I'm pretty pissed off about there not being a data transfer to S4 too! :evil:

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i nevertried due toit being such an exhausting waste of time.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was planning on it but i didnt feel like it. Besides even if there was data transfer to 4 (which i am not entirely certain if thats 100% ruled out) what the fuck would it matter if all your charectors were level 99?

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I figured it take too long to do, and there is no need for Chris to be that strong. I managed to beat Luc and co with the trio just fine without it. So I let them be and play thru normaly.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, I`ve never bothered with that. Chris is my least favourite out of the main characters, and there`s no need to be at such a high level anyway. I might have taken the time for it if it was worthwhile in any way...I did stat max in Final Fantasy X after all. :)

However, there`s no super-strong monsters you need lv. 99 to take on or anything, so it felt a bit meaningless to me. I did try to win that strategy battle just once to see what would happen, though, but I gave up around my fifth try and went on with the game.

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, I never did. It was far too tedious for me to bother trying. And since I generally never used Chris & company except in situations that I was required to, it would not have been worth it to have her at level 99.
Ferid Egan

Mercury's Marines

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Started to do the level 99 trick but got extremely bored with it.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did it two times. One for myself, and the other for my friend with HER name as the Flame Champion.

The real benefit from this is the fact that many characters will come at level 99 if you asked them to do so, with Chris. I'm currently working on a list that I'll post here soon. I could go faster, but I'm trying to absorb the game before S4 comes out.

But If you're looking for a challenge, then disregard my post. heh.

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just really don't have the patience for that. I can play FFXI and camp on a monster for about three hours, but just doing that is frustrating. I'll eventually start up a new game on Suikoden III before IV comes out, so I will try this little trick out.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I put this up on Suikosource, but maybe it'll help someone here. Kyojin, maybe you should see this before recruiting anyone.

"As you know, Chris' level 99 trick enables her to plow through the game easly. Sometimes, this makes her battles with the destroyers easily winnable. This is especially true, because some characters get boosted along with her if she recruits them. Aside from storyline characters, some characters recieve the benefits. So without further ado, here are the resutls. (combat characters only)

Storyline Characters (no bonus):

Thomas
Sasarai
Dupa
Shiba
Lucia
Yuirii
Jimba
Juan
Sgt. Joe
Hugo
Bazba
Yumi
Fubar
Nash
Aila
Cecile
Gedoe
Ace
Queen
Fred
Rico
Percival
Beecham
Reed
Samus
Lilly
Jaques
Joker
Leo
Piccolo

Storyline Characters (with bonus):

Salome 99 (level 99 trick)
Chris ('')
Borus ('')
Roland ('')

Non-storyline characters (with no bonus):

Edge
Melville
Alanis
Franz
Shabon
Bright
Toppo
Sharon
Nei
Little Viki
Koroku
Mel
Ruby
Landis
Emily
Kogoro
Kosanji
Connie
Koichi

Non-Storyline Characters (with Bonus):

Estella (Lv. 99)
Twikain (Lv. 98 )
Watari (Lv. 99)
Ayame (Lv.99)
Wan Fu (Lv. 99)
Gadget Z (Lv. 97)
Augustine (Lv.99)
Kenji (Lv. 97)
Sanae Y (Lv.98 )
Rody (Lv. 97)

Misc.

Hallec and Mua.

They are storyline charaters, but when I recruited them, they were the same levels as Hugo. So maybe they're recruiter based?

Duke, Gau, Elaine, and Nicolas

Same reason as above. This one was more interesting since they were all different. I think Elaine joined at Queens' level and Duke at Geddoe's. I'm no sure about the other two.

Futch (Lv. 75)
Viki (Lv. 99)
Belle (Lv. 99)

They go under here because depending on what you did in Suikoden 2, their levels will be somewhat different. I did the level 99 trick in Suikoden 2 with them all. In that sense, I'm guessing Viki and Belle's level is about +35 (or around that number) of the recruiter's level. This result comes from my previous experiment with Hugo as the recruiter. Futch's level is oddly enough, a base level. Needless to say, the higher you had him in S2, the stronger he is.

Luc, Sarah, and Yuber

Storyline characters, but can't be recruited by Chris.

Sorry for the lengthy delay of my results. I was busy this summer. heh."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: