Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A New Nation System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A new system (which bears some resemblance to the old Suikox system) is in development at my own forum. I cannot provide an estimate on when the system will be completed as my general suckage at math pretty much precludes my active involvement in developing the formulas. Instead, I keep hard at work (yeah right!) on the infrastructure and overall setup of the system. On that front, it's proceeding quite well with only a few perplexing roadblocks to deal with.

The biggest difference from the old Suikox system is those who play the game create their own character and, to avoid any potential issues of people talking actions personally, the character name must be different from the forum account. There has been one exception to this rule as the member in question had already thought out the character prior to the differing name mandate.

If anybody wants to get in on the ground floor, the link and any other necessary info is in my signature. If anyone has any questions, they can send me a PM instead of hijacking this particular thread.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
donutbandit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All I can say is that this site has died since the Nations system was abolished. When I first came here, I had not played enough Suikoden to know what nation I should join. Now I do, but the Nations are gone. This forum is history. Nobody cares any more.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Glad to get that insight a year after the system ended!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="donutbandit":23v71zj8]All I can say is that this site has died since the Nations system was abolished. When I first came here, I had not played enough Suikoden to know what nation I should join. Now I do, but the Nations are gone. This forum is history. Nobody cares any more.

False.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Vextor":3mxamubu]Glad to get that insight a year after the system ended!

And from a 1 post user no less.

Plus, you didn't get to pick your nation anyway . . .

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, not in the old set-up, but after the game ended new members weren't automatically put into nations, which was in the timeframe the person joined. Now, as for the criticism, it goes without saying that the overall activity took a severe cut following the end of the system, but that was to be expected as a lot of the previous activity had to do with nations trying to keep themselves in the game. Without that stimulus, some of the opportunities for activity have become obsolete.

What is most definitely false is that people don't care about Suikox any more. It may not be at "there's so much activity I cannot keep track" levels, but we still have people dropping by to discuss the known Suikoden games and whatever else they may be interested in. There's also the community which has taken shape over the past (just about) five years. It doesn't just disappear because a side game came to an end.

Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, just go to Budehuc and look at the wonderful guide I've written for all the work fuji's been doing to get a new system going :D (Yes that was a shameless plug...I'll admit it...)

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course activity took a major blow but there's still a large group of people that definitely care about the site. I still drop by this site every single day with an occasional miss every once in a blue moon. Well, he doesn't have access to nation forums so he doesn't see the activity that still goes on in some of them.
donutbandit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, right. Before I posted, the newest post was from January 10th. This place used to be a maelstrom of activity, and now, it's dead. Some of you may still care, but not enough to post unless someone raised a question.

What difference does it make how many times I have posted if I raise a valid question?

Someone was going to try to recreate the Nations on another site, but I see that has fizzled out.

There is more discussion about this game on gamefaqs.com than here. And, that's a shame.

Bring the Nations back.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="donutbandit":25bci0ah]Yeah, right. Before I posted, the newest post was from January 10th.

In this particular forum, or across the board? As a rule, the common community forums tend to be less active than the nation forums (which have been grandfathered from the old set up). There's not as much activity as there once was, but rarely does a day go by when there isn't some form of activity.

Quote:
What difference does it make how many times I have posted if I raise a valid question?

Well, it's just ironic that someone who has never bothered to make a single post for eleven months after registering uses their first post to complain about the lack of activity.

Quote:
Someone was going to try to recreate the Nations on another site, but I see that has fizzled out.

As Vex can surely attest, putting together a working nation system is a lot of work. Generating interest is also a challenge.

Quote:
Bring the Nations back.

I'm going to give Aesa's guide a bit of free publicity here. Check out the Budehuc forum and you will see that a new game is in development. It will be dramatically different from what we had before, but it's something to check out. The game Johnny Five and myself are working on will be similar to the old game (the most similar aspect being the prospect of factions beating the crap out of one another) but we're not going to rush things just to get it in play faster.

fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="donutbandit":35kni3u8]Yeah, right. Before I posted, the newest post was from January 10th. This place used to be a maelstrom of activity, and now, it's dead. Some of you may still care, but not enough to post unless someone raised a question.

There is more discussion about this game on gamefaqs.com than here. And, that's a shame.

Bring the Nations back.

The Nation system as it was before will not be brought back. Given your activity level during the last few years of this web site's history, you are quite likely not aware of how the system functioned and what is required to run said system.

The system relied on the input and activity of one admin for the most part. It's a lot of responsibility and it required his constant attention to call the shots so to speak. The admin in question, Vextor, is currently suffering from various maladies which have hampered his ability to do all that he used to. For that reason, the game was shut down. Yes, we all understood activity would drop, but it's not that we took this game away without good reason. If it comes to the health of an individual or keeping the game going... well... I think the choice is obvious.

You are also incorrect that people do not care anymore. I had predicted earlier when we shut down the game around a year ago that we would lose about 80% of our current members within a year if no new game was ready by that time. I was wrong, so wrong in fact that we have only lost a handful of what I would call "community regulars". Yes, activity is down but people still check in and I see old faces (or user names) in various places on these forums. Places that you, not being a member of the nations would be able to see.

Thank you for the insight you have provided. Better late than never I guess ... ;)

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even without the access to Nation forums, I don't see where your date comes from. I see several sections with activity on the 12th and 11th, if not today. And the main draw for talk (Tierkreis), if you don't include today, had activity yesterday. I have been coming in more lately than I had in previous months, and there is always something new to read. Try looking before bashing, please.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, as one of those, who are currently almost gone, I can say that I am still interested in the ongoings of this forum, although I am not participating. In my case it has personal reason aside from this forum, but admittedly the vanishing of nations was another factor.
However, many of the old active member are still around a lot and enjoy themselves. It is even fascinating how little members jumped off the train in the first place and I am sure this forum will reach a new top as soon as the next system will be included.

The Fool
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TruePerception":2hufr99r]Try looking before bashing, please.

^ This. :idea: I check in everyday and there is always something to reply to. Given the length of time that you are here donutbandit you would have known that as they game was shut down all the Nations opened their borders so to speak, so you could have became an ambassador to as many as you could! All the Nation boards I am in are still active.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="donutbandit":4kbngevg]
Bring the Nations back.

Find a cure for my illness or an alternative to chemotherapy, and maybe I'll consider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: