Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A New Nation System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah!

We should base it on Advance Wars, just like in Hawk's signature.

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will help out in any way possible if and/or when this becomes more than just ideas. I don't know any coding (I am far from being computer savvy), but anything else I can help with, I will do so.

I was really bummed to hear about the War System going under (though it is completely understandable and I hope for the best for Vex), since I didn't have too much time with it, being relatively new. It was so unique and fun and it was great to strategize. It would be great to have something like it again, in any way.

Though I will agree with those that have said that taking out the Suikoden theme wouldn't be right. In all actuality, there isn't a huge amount of information on most of the nations, so if the main thing will be about people making up the history and culture, you can still do that in the Suikoden Universe.

I'm kinda scatterbrained at the moment (aka hungover), but I'd just like to say that I'm in (but keep it Suikoden related, please)!

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, I can't support this measure seeing as no-one really knows anything about where the game will be, the system, the layout, features, setting, purpose.

Also, FFP left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths and led many to assume that only Vex and co could even run a successful war game in the mould of Suikox anyway.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my experience group collaborations never work. There has to be a single person in charge. When that person comes forth, I will offer my help. Also, a coder would likely be needed. I can do small things in php and such, but nothing big--I'm not good enough for that. I also can help with other odds and ends, such as inputting data and coming up with stories/plot/gameplay.

If someone were to step forth and take charge of such a project, I'd be more than willing to lend a hand, as I said.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A suggestion for the new war/nation system:

Players should be able to buy items in chiepoo´s shop to equip:

Head

Armor

Miscellanea Item

Something very basic, just to raise defense and the other stats...it would be rather Suikoden, and players could customize a bit their character.
Of course special equipment items could be found and used...maybe in explorations or as a prize.
Hope it helps :D
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My suggesstion is that there should be more male eye candy this time around. SuikoX 1.0 was nearly devoid of male hotness. What gives?

Other than that, I also suggest more octopus- and/or Kraken-related hijinks.

^Actual quote!
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Admiral Ackbar wrote:
My suggesstion is that there should be more male eye candy this time around. SuikoX 1.0 was nearly devoid of male hotness. What gives?

Other than that, I also suggest more octopus- and/or Kraken-related hijinks.

Sorry for posting so little outside Jowston.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My only big suggestion is to try to keep things concealed until their implementation, for the most part. There was the "leak" about how awesome the naval bouts would run then there was no way to implement them properly without killing our staff with code and I'll be honest, I was disappointed with how they became used. It was far less entertaining than the original idea.

And Runes. Runes should be important to magic battle units and interact with terrain in some way.

As far as things I'd like to see stay out of the new system, I'd say that there's not much really. I was very satisfied with how everything came together, bit by bit, an ever-evolving creature. I didn't particularly care for the rebels since every nation had to deal with rebels (practically) every phase since their introduction. It just appeal to me I suppose besides adding NPC's that you could politic with against enemies. All around I just didn't care for them in practice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nameless Bankthing

Nameless Bank Tellers

1058406 Potch
188012 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Nameless Bankthing demands this new iteration contain an improved bank class with more powers at its disposal.

These should include:
Destroying the economies of small nations by flooding their markets with superior Coka-Cola Products
Tax Cuts
Stripping the land bare of natural resources
Cavorting with nubile young women
Murder

If the Bankthing's demands are not met, it shall boycott this project and then you will be sorry. And bankrupt.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That damn Bankthing.

With the war over, he's out of a source of profit.

^Actual quote!
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would be willing to participate if a new game is started up. It doesn`t neccessarily need to have Suikoden as the main topic since most of the threads (in Gaien anyway) are about other things anyway.

I like the idea of being able to buy armor, weapons ect at a store. I would like to see a game including job classes and a stimulating promotion system. Maybe a way of improving a town or strongholds defences by investing in fortifications and new technologies would be interesting to include.

A must in my opinion would be that everybody has a chance to participate in the actual game instead of just the hard-core members as has been the case on Suikox.

I hope this new game really comes off the ground. Keep us all posted!
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I would be willing to participate if a new game is started up. It doesn`t neccessarily need to have Suikoden as the main topic since most of the threads (in Gaien anyway) are about other things anyway.

Well, this is a suikoden fansite. I'm sure most of us would expect a Suikoden war game. The current war game had a lot of aspects that weren't from Suikoden, so I would guess the new war game would be more Suikoden-based. But, this is merely a guess on my part.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
nature_imbz

Verteidiger Von Natur Armee

13021 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WHAT!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
This Forum will be close sooner?
oh no...
i'm so sad to hear that
:cry: :cry: :cry:
maybe i'm still a newbie here
but
i will participate again if the new forum established

hm
my suggestion is
mind you to make all things cheaper?
baecause it's to difficult for me as a newbie to afford it
so please
make everything in chieepo cheaper....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Templeton

186895 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: A New Nation System Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I take it the nation system is in peril.

I was wondering if we can atleast see the old one until a new one replaces it. I rather enjoyed hearing what fan fictional regions were created using the imagination of the people of Suikox.

As for a new one, it should be made perhaps after the next Suikoden reveals more territory. That way we can understand for sure what can and can't be used (also If we see Suikoden Tierkries truly take place off the map).

Thanks for your time.

Ryan.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: A New Nation System Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Templeton":3nbv1qve]So I take it the nation system is in peril.

I was wondering if we can atleast see the old one until a new one replaces it. I rather enjoyed hearing what fan fictional regions were created using the imagination of the people of Suikox.

I don't know anything about the new system, but the old one was up for about seven or eight months before this week for all to see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: