Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Should the Nations Be Dissolved?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the nations be dissolved?
yes
11%
 11%  [ 11 ]
no
88%
 88%  [ 81 ]
Total Votes : 92

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Should the Nations Be Dissolved? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard plenty of talk about the nations getting dissolved, but I haven't actually talked to anyone who wants that to happen. It would probably be more work for the admins to remove all the nations and forums than leave them as they are, anyways.

Even if there is no game, I don't see any reason to dissolve the communities we have.

Anyways, I'd just like to get a feeling of who wants the nations to be dissolved now.

PS. I also have elaborated on an idea by Shad. There could be a traveling system implemented, which would allow members to travel to different nations in the system. Depending on the distance from your home nation, the cost and time it would take to travel there would vary, that way people don't abuse it and travel to different nations all the time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the nations. Even without the wars, the nation keeps a lot of people entertained by its national games. So, if given the choice, I'd like the nations to stay.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's to keeping the nations (and stats) intact even if they're meaningless. Voting to implement my traveling idea too. :P
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like them to stay, people have put so much work into their respective forums that it would be a shame to lose it all, now we can all relax and have people over, could be pretty fun.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that yes vote was mine. I thought it was yes to keep the nations. (don't laugh at me) XD Anyway, just make it minus one for the total of yeses, since I vote to keep them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they should stay... although maybe we could merge some of them together? Without the war game, there's no doubt that some of them are going to lapse in activity.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I totally agree that the nations should stay....while the battle/competitive aspect of the nations have disappeared, each nation has successfully developed their own culture and community over these four years and to destroy them all and mesh them into one forum in an instant would be too much of a pity to every nation.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SO many people have said they may stick around if their nations do so I think it'd only be good to keep them.

And Weyoun... That's either classic or faceplamingly funny.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think its too early to decide, and further I think there can still be uses for the nation system beyond war. I mean, there was before the war game.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know at another forum I go to, they just have a simple "Dorm" system. No complex war, though they have the occasional competition.

I'm just not sure if twenty some nations are gonna last. My thought is like, just to cut them in half. Combine two nations into one. Then maybe after that, we can finally arrange ambassadorships between ALL nations.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah. Perhaps some of the less active/smaller nations should merge with more active large nations? Only if they'd want to merge, of course.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think nations should continue until they have no active members at which point it'll be merged into a nearby nation.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We need some story explanation for this sudden drastic end of the war and unity of enemy nations that can also properly justify the likely dissolving of Armes and similarly inactive nations. Do I smell a writing collaboration? Mmm, it smells good, like cinnamon...
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If inactive nations should merge with larger nations then Kooluk and New Armes best start writing their eulogies.

I think it's a terrible idea that could only spring forth from the much larger nations who will undoubtedly be the ones left standing.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NATIONS DO NEED TO STAY

1) They give privacity. Absolutely everything in there, is unreachable for lurkers

2) The feeling of community brings most people here

3) Everybody out there will be...well, it wouldnt be te Suikox we know anymore

4) Related to 3... finally Suikox would be like any othr suikoforum. It would lose what makes it different and finally will likely lose tons of members

KEEP NATIONS, TAKE AWAY THE WAR GAME... at least for now
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: